Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton Inn Los Angeles – International Airport (LAX) {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn Los Angeles – International Airport (LAX) {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2001, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

In a recent thread someone mentioned that this hotel doesn't have a lot of parking space. Does the front desk offer any alternative if their parking lot is full at check in time? Is there an extra charge for parking?
Old Feb 19, 2001, 9:31 pm

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
Sorry honu, I’ve been out of touch for the last couple of days. There is no charge for parking and no location close by to pay for parking that I saw. There are limited spaces available at this property for parking. They have a small underground garage with about 40 spaces and parking for around the same or less in the ground level lot. This is a large Hampton with I believe around 7 floors. They do offer airport shuttle service and I’m sure most of there traffic is LAX stay over. When I pulled in and there was no parking on property the guard stated I could park on the street but that the police start issuing tickets at 8:00 AM. There would be limited parking for maybe 4 or 5 cars on the street, but I’m sure this is not very secure. I was lucky and no one bothered the car and I moved it around 7:30 AM to the garage that at that time had a couple of available spaces. My problem was leaving for a late dinner after checking in, it looked to me if you there by 8 or 9 PM you should be fine. I do have to admit that the staff tries every thing possible to pack the cars onto their lots.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Dlword,

thankyou so much for the info (no need to apologize at all, it's always nice to have a weekend off)

Problem is, we probably won't get there until 10:30 pm or so. I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Old Sep 2, 2005, 1:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Hampton Inn Los Angeles – International Airport (LAX)

Does anyone know if this hotel provides transportation to and from the airport ? We're arriving at LAX quite late and din't want the hassle of picking up our hire car until the next day
Old Sep 2, 2005, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Does anyone know if this hotel provides transportation to and from the airport ?
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=LAXATHX
Shuttle to and from the airport and local shops and restaurants within 2-mile radius.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
I arrived at around 1 AM once, and I was able to get a shuttle to the HI. I can't remember if I had to call them to request it or not.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:19 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Stayed there a week ago. Shuttle runs from 5am to 1am, every 30 minutes from the hotel on the hour and 1/2 hour. They also picked me up at the Alamo facility after I turned in my car. Nicest Hampton Inn staff I've ever encountered.

Edit: See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=336543&page=2

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 3, 2005 at 2:23 am
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They also will transport you to/from local restaurants, bars, car rentals etc without charge (I do tip a couple of bucks). Almost all (maybe all) drivers are nice, helpful, informative and pleasent. Nice asset for the HI.

MisterNice
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Hampton LAX

This is a great Hampton. I stay here and use this as my base when working in LA.
I have checked in late (10:30PM) and they offered to go get me something from one of the local restaurants if I wanted.
They always recognize me as a frequent guest on check in
Old Sep 3, 2005, 10:40 am

Programs: HHonors, Mileage Plus, Skymiles, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Call them!

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the HI LAX on our vaction layovers. The staff indeed is very very helpful and nice. Biggest thing though is that you need to call them as soon as your at the baggage conveyers and let them know you need the shuttle to pick you up. They run the shuttle on demand. Just call them at 310-846-3200
Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:22 am

Programs: SPG, HH, UAMP, AEPL, DC
I recently completed a stay at this property. In terms of value for money, it is one of the best deals I have found around LAX (the other is the 4PT Sheraton). $90/night at the Hampton vs. $175 plus at all the other available Hilton properties.

The hotel is generous with the local shuttle service, but they have to be: the one drawback to this property is that there is no food available nearby. If you are willing to walk up to Century Blvd and cross it, there is a McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Subway, but that's about it, and I'm not sure I'd want to do that after dark (not just personal safety, but traffic). There is also a gas station one block north of the hotel which has a small convenience store.

The hotel itself is very clean and well-maintained, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Definitely will return under circumstances like my recent visit, ie, paying for my hotel room out of my own pocket, and therefore looking for best value.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 2:09 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I was there on Weds and I can echo this. Very nice staff. Dreadful location, but I had a car. But for $89, you can't beat it. Clean room; internet. No complains.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Hampton LAX

I have stayed at this hotel many times. They always recognize me as a past guest and Diamond member.
Arrived late (after 11PM one trip) and they were willing to go fetch me a sandwich somewhere. Great staff here.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 3:51 pm

Programs: WN Prefered, BA Gold, Marriott Gold and a bunch of others
Generous bartenders, clean pool, clean rooms...Used to be less than 100 bucks a night! Not bad
Old Jul 1, 2006, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I haven't stayed in the hotel in a while, but I always liked it. You could take the shuttle to the airport and find a restaurant there--the Spider for example. Nowadays, if you're a member of an airline lounge, you could get a pass into the sterile area and find a restaurant there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.