Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

honors experts, need advice. honors screw up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Okay, how can I get help here???

I have been diamond for years. This year I shared my stays with Marriott and HHonors and would not meet diamond unless I booked one extra stay.

In Dec 15, I was short one stay from reaching diamond once again. No more travel as the holiday season approached.

So what I did was book a hampton inn at my local city, using $40 + 8k points, checking in Dec 30 and check out Dec 31. I know this stay counts for for elite status. I did check in, gave my credit card, received my keys and drove home.

Waited days and nothing shows up on hhonors website. So I called Diamond desk and they filed a request for missing credit.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your stay at the Hampton Melbourne from December 30th 2013 to December 31st 2013.

We are unable to process this request as the room rate paid is ineligible for HHonors points, miles, stay/night credit as well as promotional bonuses. For a complete list of all ineligible rates for the HHonors program please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information. For your convenience I have listed out the rate types that have been deemed ineligible for stay, night, point and or mileage credit below:
So I just replied back and ask in a nice way: "...????". This is a reservation booked via hilton.com and is a valid stay.

I just now called the hotel and they were able to pull up the reservation, but then said the credit card was declined. That is all she can see, that there were no charges. I'm sure there was no issue with the credit card, it has little balance and huge credit limit. I also always use it and remember using it that day.

So how do I go about fixing this? If their system for some odd reason did not approve the credit card at check out, but it did accept at check in, what do I do?

Thanks,
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was the card charged?

If not then for all practical purposes you had no stay. You can try to give hotel another card and have them charge it and post the stay if they agree and get it through the system... HH won't be able to post anything if hotel does not report a stay
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Can they back track? I don't mind giving them the credit card for a the charge.

I just emailed hilton priority service. Maybe they can just grant me.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:23 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I am still slightly confused here.

Was the card you gave at check-in actually charged for the stay? If so, then why would you be willing to give them another card, if there is no issue with the card they were given and you were charged?

To answer your follow up question, if your card declined, then if you contact the property and give them new card details and they can receive payment, then yes, they can go back and post the stay properly to your account.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

O provided my card and no issues, received my keys.

Since I did not stay overnight, I did not see a folio. Called the hotel today and they said cc was declined. There was also no charge on my cc statement.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by tonytifao

Since I did not stay overnight, I did not see a folio. Called the hotel today and they said cc was declined. There was also no charge on my cc statement.
If there was no charge, there was no payment. So no stay credit. You need to make this right by providing payment.

Last edited by travelinfoo; Jan 9, 2014 at 3:59 am
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tonytifao

ask the bank that issued the card whether a charge was attempted by the property....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.