FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - honors experts, need advice. honors screw up
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:03 pm
tonytifao

honors experts, need advice. honors screw up

Okay, how can I get help here???

I have been diamond for years. This year I shared my stays with Marriott and HHonors and would not meet diamond unless I booked one extra stay.

In Dec 15, I was short one stay from reaching diamond once again. No more travel as the holiday season approached.

So what I did was book a hampton inn at my local city, using $40 + 8k points, checking in Dec 30 and check out Dec 31. I know this stay counts for for elite status. I did check in, gave my credit card, received my keys and drove home.

Waited days and nothing shows up on hhonors website. So I called Diamond desk and they filed a request for missing credit.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding your stay at the Hampton Melbourne from December 30th 2013 to December 31st 2013.

We are unable to process this request as the room rate paid is ineligible for HHonors points, miles, stay/night credit as well as promotional bonuses. For a complete list of all ineligible rates for the HHonors program please visit our website at www.hiltonhhonors.com for more information. For your convenience I have listed out the rate types that have been deemed ineligible for stay, night, point and or mileage credit below:
So I just replied back and ask in a nice way: "...????". This is a reservation booked via hilton.com and is a valid stay.

I just now called the hotel and they were able to pull up the reservation, but then said the credit card was declined. That is all she can see, that there were no charges. I'm sure there was no issue with the credit card, it has little balance and huge credit limit. I also always use it and remember using it that day.

So how do I go about fixing this? If their system for some odd reason did not approve the credit card at check out, but it did accept at check in, what do I do?

Thanks,