Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz {POL}

I am hoping that someone here has already stayed at the new Doubletree in Lodz, Poland and can help me with a small matter.

Can the windows in the rooms be opened?

Thank you
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:51 am
Original Poster

I managed to find a working email for the hotel so I can answer myself : the windows in the hotel can be partially opened.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:28 pm

lodz

andel is much better and has far superior location, btw.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by desi
andel is much better and has far superior location, btw.
Thank you, I will look at that as well.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Lakowa 29 Lodz, PL 90-554

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz (14 Photos)

When it opened a few years ago in 2013, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz was the first hotel of the DoubleTree by Hilton brand in Poland. A 10-storey building with a glass façade, the hotel overlooks Poniatowski Park to the south.

DSCF5285.JPG

Check In

The check-in process was efficient, but service at the front desk was not particularly friendly (including at check-out). I was given the signature DoubleTree cookie.

Chilled water (with mint and lemon) and a bowl of apples were available for guests in the lobby.

DSCF5260.JPG

King Deluxe Room

As a Diamond member, I received a one-category upgrade from a standard room to a deluxe room on the top floor (10th floor). The main difference between the two room types is the floor level and extra amenities in the deluxe room (espresso machine and dressing gowns).

The room was quite spacious.

DSCF5019.JPG

DSCF5028.JPG

I was allocated a north-facing room with a view of the city. It was possible to open the window partially.

DSCF5041.JPG

DSCF5038.JPG

If possible, I would recommend requesting a south-facing room as the view of the park is much better – see the section below for a photo of the view of the south from the health club.

There was a welcome gift (macarons and meringue) and letter, as well as two bottles of mineral water.

DSCF5021.JPG

As I mentioned in this thread, although the hotel's official website claims that guests can access 'complimentary 50 MB/s WiFi', the internet speed was much slower during my stay.

Bathroom:

DSCF5029.JPG

Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries were provided:

DSCF5032.JPG

Breakfast

At the entrance to the Four Colours restaurant on the ground floor, tea/coffee, pastries and yoghurt/muesli are available free of charge for all hotel guests to take away (including those who are not Diamond/Gold members and not staying on a rate inclusive of breakfast). This service is available daily from 5am onwards.

DSCF5283.JPG

As a Diamond member, at check-in I was given complimentary vouchers for the full breakfast buffet, which is available from 6:30 to 10 am (weekdays) and 7 to 10:30am (weekends) in the Four Colours restaurant.

DSCF5282.JPG

There were a wide range of drinks available (sparkling white wine, coffee machine, tea, fruit juices, water etc) and a self-service juicer for freshly squeezed apple and carrot juice.

DSCF5284.JPG

There was also an extensive range of bread, pastries, cake, fresh fruit, porridge, crêpes, cold meats (sliced roast beef, pork loin/neck, turkey, chicken), cheese, spreads, cooked items (mushrooms, bacon, sausage, baked beans, scrambled egg etc).

Eggs (fried, boiled or omelette) and zurek soup were available made to order.

Staff were efficient in collecting used plates/cutlery.

Dining

As a Diamond member, I received a voucher for 2 complimentary welcome drinks (house wine, beer, soft drink, tea/coffee or drink of the day) in the Four Colours restaurant or the Golden Bar on the ground floor.

During my stay, I had dinner in the Four Colours restaurant. I ordered the homemade ice tea (using the complimentary drinks voucher), which was very refreshing, and ‘Lazanki Szefa Jakuba’ (39 PLN, around USD 10), a layered pasta dish created by Chef Jakub with traditional Polish ingredients (cabbage, mushrooms, red cabbage, pork belly and chanterelle sauce). It was delicious and beautifully presented.

DSCF5255.JPG

Service was excellent – the waitress was very friendly and the food arrived quickly.

Health club

The spa and health club are located on the top floor (10th floor).

The gym is open 24/7.

DSCF5261.JPG

The gym and swimming pool overlook Poniatowski Park.

DSCF5264.JPG

The swimming pool and jacuzzi are open daily from 6am to 10pm.

DSCF5280.JPG

Unfortunately, the pool is very small and the jacuzzi was out of order during my stay. The changing room is also very small.

In addition, the health club features a sauna and steam room.

The nearest railway station (Lodz Kaliska) is around 10-15 minutes away by foot.

Bus number 88A (as well as 88B) to/from Lodz airport (bus stop name: Lotnisko) stops directly in front of the hotel (bus stop name: Lazenki). The journey takes around 20 minutes. The timetable is available at http://www.mpk.lodz.pl/rozklady/trasa.jsp?lineId=114. A 20 minute ticket costs 2,80 PLN (less than USD 1) and can be purchased with a credit/debit card using the ticket machine onboard the bus.

Lazenki bus stop in front of the hotel:

DSCF5015.JPG

Piotrkowska Street (the main pedestrian street) is around 15 minutes’ walk from the hotel. The closest tram stop (Zeromskiego - Mickiewicza) is 5 minutes’ walk away. You can take tram number 15 (journey time around 10 minutes) to visit sights such as Manufaktura, ms2, the Lodz City Museum etc.

The Sanctuary of Our Lady of Victory is located next to the hotel.

The Sukcesja and Pasaz Lodzki shopping centres are located around 10-15 minutes by foot from the hotel.

The staff member at the concierge was friendly and happy to give advice on sightseeing.

Overall

Overall, I had an enjoyable stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz. I enjoyed the dining experience in the Four Colours restaurant. Unfortunately, the health club facilities were quite disappointing (the pool was too small and the jacuzzi was out of order during my stay), the front desk staff were not too friendly, and wifi was slow. Nonetheless, I would recommend this hotel.

Review: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lodz?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have been to Warsaw many times, and I have an upcoming 24-hour layover in WAW next month. I was considering hiring a car or taking the bus from WAW airport to Lodz for the evening and staying here. Is there anything interesting to do in Lodz or is it simply an industrial city?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I was considering hiring a car or taking the bus from WAW airport to Lodz for the evening and staying here. Is there anything interesting to do in Lodz or is it simply an industrial city?
The latter. I thought the city was a dump. The Manufaktura shopping mall complex is a very impressive re-purposing of old industrial buildings, but once you are inside you could be anywhere in Europe.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
If you are looking for a change, Lodz might be an alternative. I found the main street (see hotel review above from Paul00) very interesting with some fine examples of great architecture (old style). However, coming to Lodz for the evening in winter time might be somewhat less fun.
For the hotel itself, I found it faultless (stayed here in September 2017 for two nights).
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's true that Lodz city is a craphole but the DT is really wonderful. I would say perfect. No expense has been spared in maintaining brand standards. Perhaps the best breakfast of any Polish Hilton. I would go as far to say that DT Lodz may be my most favourite Polish Hilton, only Wroclaw could rival that.

Rooftop pool is great, and has a swimming machine,-I think thats the right word as it doesn't make proper waves. So you can swim in situ despite the small size of the pool.

F&B is excellent.

For one night, you could take the train, which are all new, enjoy the hospitality and then head back to Warsaw well-rested.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
My wife, daughter and myself traveled by car at the very beginning of January 2019. I booked cheapest room for 185 PLN/night. Pre-upgraded to a Park View 2-room suite. We were also given a welcome drink vouchers for us, free breakfast. Pool, jacuzzi and sauna on the 10th floor are all very nice.

Breakfast has very good selection, including Frederic Chopin Brut sparking wine, self-service fresh juice, cocked to order eggs including egg benedict, etc. We also used room service inspired by the upgrade. Decent burger, tasty salads. I'd certainly return when travelling through Lodz.
hugolover and yurtripper like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Had a quick two days stay here last week. Very good hotel with professional staff. Nothing to complain except perhaps that PLN 60 parking charge is a bit outrageous for Lodz. Got small upgrade to deluxe room at top floor and comped breakfast as Diamond. Rooms are perfectly fine and in a good shape. Piotrkowska street with its restaurants is short walk away - we actually preferred this hotel to the new Hampton b/c Piotrkowska during weekend is loud. Breakfast was very good - I was impressed with the fact that on the second day when we sat down one of the attendants brought me sparkling water (I asked for one a day before); I have not had this level of service in some 5* hotels! Sparkling wine is still served for breakfast although we did not try it. Pool was closed for renovations. Location is also good if you need to get out by car - we traveled to see family in multiple places within the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.