Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Citi Reserve Free Certificate Cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond

I just received my two free night certificates. If I were to use them to book a room and needed to cancel, I'm assuming that's allowed? How would that work? Would it just revert back to my original certificate confirmation numbers when I went to book another night with them?

Thanks in advance...
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by black743
I just received my two free night certificates. If I were to use them to book a room and needed to cancel, I'm assuming that's allowed? How would that work? Would it just revert back to my original certificate confirmation numbers when I went to book another night with them?

Thanks in advance...
Yes; I had to cancel one earlier this year and the Diamond Desk rep ensured (while on the phone with her) that it was freed up and showed as available in my account. I used it a few months later for a one-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. There was no problem in redeeming it. Just to be safe, keep track of all of the certificate numbers.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by jefftiger
Yes; I had to cancel one earlier this year and the Diamond Desk rep ensured (while on the phone with her) that it was freed up and showed as available in my account. I used it a few months later for a one-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. There was no problem in redeeming it. Just to be safe, keep track of all of the certificate numbers.
Are these certificates viewable in your online account? Or are they the only ones that can see them? I have the emails, but was curious if they also showed online as well?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by black743
Are these certificates viewable in your online account? Or are they the only ones that can see them? I have the emails, but was curious if they also showed online as well?
No they don't show on-line, but the HHonors personnel can see them.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
No they don't show on-line, but the HHonors personnel can see them.
Agreed; they don't show up on the US HHonors website. On a whim, I just checked the UK HHonors website (https://secure.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb...ernate_hhonors) and under "redemption history", I can indeed view the certificates (the two I earned last September and the one I just received for the one-year anniversary). The certificate numbers and issue dates are viewable. But, I see no evidence of the first two certificate's actual redemption dates.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
The cancellation requirements would be the same as a point based award- which can be day of arrival or up tp a week prior IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.