Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Citi Reserve Free Certificate Cancellation?

Hilton Citi Reserve Free Certificate Cancellation?

Old Oct 4, 13, 1:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond
Posts: 38
Hilton Citi Reserve Free Certificate Cancellation?

I just received my two free night certificates. If I were to use them to book a room and needed to cancel, I'm assuming that's allowed? How would that work? Would it just revert back to my original certificate confirmation numbers when I went to book another night with them?

Thanks in advance...
black743 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 13, 1:20 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ORF
Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by black743 View Post
I just received my two free night certificates. If I were to use them to book a room and needed to cancel, I'm assuming that's allowed? How would that work? Would it just revert back to my original certificate confirmation numbers when I went to book another night with them?

Thanks in advance...
Yes; I had to cancel one earlier this year and the Diamond Desk rep ensured (while on the phone with her) that it was freed up and showed as available in my account. I used it a few months later for a one-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. There was no problem in redeeming it. Just to be safe, keep track of all of the certificate numbers.
jefftiger is offline  
Old Oct 4, 13, 1:32 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Best Western Diamond
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by jefftiger View Post
Yes; I had to cancel one earlier this year and the Diamond Desk rep ensured (while on the phone with her) that it was freed up and showed as available in my account. I used it a few months later for a one-night stay at the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC. There was no problem in redeeming it. Just to be safe, keep track of all of the certificate numbers.
Are these certificates viewable in your online account? Or are they the only ones that can see them? I have the emails, but was curious if they also showed online as well?
black743 is offline  
Old Oct 4, 13, 2:29 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SFO/SMF
Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Posts: 1,904
Originally Posted by black743 View Post
Are these certificates viewable in your online account? Or are they the only ones that can see them? I have the emails, but was curious if they also showed online as well?
No they don't show on-line, but the HHonors personnel can see them.
fozziedoggie is offline  
Old Oct 4, 13, 2:38 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ORF
Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, Amtrak Select, CAM Card
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie View Post
No they don't show on-line, but the HHonors personnel can see them.
Agreed; they don't show up on the US HHonors website. On a whim, I just checked the UK HHonors website (https://secure.hilton.co.uk/HiWayWeb...ernate_hhonors) and under "redemption history", I can indeed view the certificates (the two I earned last September and the one I just received for the one-year anniversary). The certificate numbers and issue dates are viewable. But, I see no evidence of the first two certificate's actual redemption dates.
jefftiger is offline  
Old Oct 5, 13, 10:15 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: JFK/LGA
Programs: AA Plt Pro/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Posts: 5,463
The cancellation requirements would be the same as a point based award- which can be day of arrival or up tp a week prior IME.
pauleeepaul is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread