Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by stimpy
Was that in a lower level room or a suite? It is common these days for hotels to have reduced amenities in the lower level rooms, but larger bottles and more of them in suites. I had a full suite in Brussels and there was no shortage of amenities.
Hilton Strasbourg, April 1st to 2nd, Executive room (1 bottle for 2 persons)
Hilton Paris Opera, April 3rd to 4th, Executive room (2 bottles for 2 persons)
Trianon Palace Versailles, Apirl 2nd to 3rd, Deluxe room (2 big glass bottles for 2 persons, premium quality water)
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by RetracRonnoc
Reading this thread has me rethinking plans now. Currently booked to stay here late June (Sat/Sun) on reward certs. Diamond status. Love the central location, but wondering if Versailles would be better and just deal with the commute each day to see the city.

Anyone recently dealt with the metro travel between Versailles and central Paris and how long would it take around 9am each day?
How long will you stay?

If you stay some days than divide your stay between both. It will be tiring to go every day to central Paris from Versailles by train. The location of Hilton Paris Opera is perfect to discover central Paris.

Try out Hilton Paris Opera at least one night and tell us your experience. I assume they will upgrade you to a renovated executive room.

Tell us please

- behaviour at check in, friendlyness, welcome phrases, if you are greeted by name (Diamond), if they offer you to show you the room, etc.
- dealing with complaints, especially front desk staff
- if you get a welcome letter for executive guests with lounge details
- if your executive room is equipped with bathrobe and slippers
- breakfast and snacks choice in the executive lounge
- any changes of the policy to not serve free beverages all day
- service capacity at breakfast

If you will regret to have staid there because of my proposal to stay there, I invite you for dinner in Munich (I live in that area) at the next opportunity, or Paris, Vienna, if we stay there both same time by accident.

I hope my/our constructive criticism has reached the responsibles there in one way or another and they will have reacted to it till you stay there (or hopefully before, so I encourage our Hilton friends here to see if anything has been improved meanwhile).

I have been desperately disappointed about my stay there, as I did not expect that. Hilton still for me and many of my compatriots in Germany is a synonym and reference for guest service and hospitality. Basically it is not a question of staying at a Leading Hotel/Park Hyatt or at a Hilton to be treated truly friendly and get honest service.

Last edited by submonte; Apr 13, 2015 at 2:53 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by submonte
How long will you stay?

If you stay some days than divide your stay between both. It will be tiring to go every day to central Paris from Versailles by train. The location of Hilton Paris Opera is perfect to discover central Paris.

Try out Hilton Paris Opera at least one night and tell us your experience. I assume they will upgrade you to a renovated executive room.

Tell us please

- behaviour at check in, friendlyness, welcome phrases, if you are greeted by name (Diamond), if they offer you to show you the room, etc.
- dealing with complaints, especially front desk staff
- if you get a welcome letter for executive guests with lounge details
- if your executive room is equipped with bathrobe and slippers
- breakfast and snacks choice in the executive lounge
- any changes of the policy to not serve free beverages all day
- service capacity at breakfast

If you will regret to have staid there because of my proposal to stay there, I invite you for dinner in Munich (I live in that area) at the next opportunity, or Paris, Vienna, if we stay there both same time by accident.

I hope my/our constructive criticism has reached the responsibles there in one way or another and they will have reacted to it till you stay there (or hopefully before, so I encourage our Hilton friends here to see if anything has been improved meanwhile).

I have been desperately disappointed about my stay there, as I did not expect that. Hilton still for me and many of my compatriots in Germany is a synonym and reference for guest service and hospitality. Basically it is not a question of staying at a Leading Hotel/Park Hyatt or at a Hilton to be treated truly friendly and get honest service.
Thanks...I'm only there with the wife for Sat/Sun and leaving early Monday on train back to London. I think we'll give it a go and will do a full report upon return. Also, thanks for the info on the Versailles/Paris commute.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RetracRonnoc
Reading this thread has me rethinking plans now. Currently booked to stay here late June (Sat/Sun) on reward certs. Diamond status. Love the central location, but wondering if Versailles would be better and just deal with the commute each day to see the city.

Anyone recently dealt with the metro travel between Versailles and central Paris and how long would it take around 9am each day?
NO NO NO NO and again NO
Don't stay at Waldorf Versailles if your intention is to enjoy Paris.
Paris is not nearly about the hotel as it is about...... well Paris.

Even if you take a cab each day you are stuck in traffic both ways and how about having a long lunch with a bottle of wine and go back to the hotel for a nap. Highly recommend a "lesser quality" hotel in the center of Paris, within walking distance of most stuff vs a nicer quality hotel 1/2 hour away.

If you want to spend a couple of days exploring Versailles (great food market in the center of town) then Waldorf is a great option.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I see there is a new hotel coming called Hotel Astor that looks like it will be a great location. It just says "coming soon" on the Hilton site and diamond desk as no opening date.

I'm in Paris in July and rates are sky high. My corporate rate and MVP rate aren't available. Cheapest non prepay rate is 370EURO a night for AAA or 151,257 points a night.

I called the diamond desk to see if I could use a citi weekend night and was going to spend the other nights at a non-Hilton. He told me that since I was a diamond they could push through an axon for a deluxe room at the regular rate for four nights and do the citi free night for the final night. I'm spending a lot of points, 256K total, but anymore I guess that is a deal for five nights. Beats spending 151,257 (no clue where they came up with that number) for one premium night or 370Euros a night. I'm trying to burn through points anyway
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:49 am

Reply from Hilton Paris Opera

Originally Posted by MrHilton
I have just sent them a quick e-mail .

Dear

I have read on flyertalk that the executive lounge is a joke.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...france-11.html

How pathetic can you be to only serve soft drinks for 2 hours ?
Closing at 20H00? This is completely absurd.
Also not serving spirits is not in line with other properties in the same class.

The former Hilton Arc De Triomphe was great and had a fantastic lounge, it seems the Hilton Paris Opera is a joke.

Learn from this hotel ,and see how you should operate a lounge:

http://upgrd.com/blogs/damian/the-hi...in-europe.html

Just a tip, and the management should be aware that the current operations of an executive lounge are completely unacceptable.

Also I have seen on pictures that the water in the rooms is Cristaline, this should be Evian or Vittel.
Not some cheap brand. This does not fit in the Hilton image.

Believe me , do something about this or you will have a lot of disappointed guests. And remember a first impression means everything.

I will not be staying at the hotel due to this. And once I see positive reviews about the lounge I will rethink this.
Dear Future Guest,

Thank you for reaching out to me directly in reference to your concerns on the Executive Lounge offering.

Hilton Paris Opera indeed recently joined the Hilton Hotels & Resorts family and we truly appreciate to know how we are doing, especially since the feedback on FlyerTalk comes from our most loyal guests; it helps us to improve every single day . Being the unique Hilton property in city center of Paris, we have an exceptional Hilton Elite members usage and definitely, as a HHonors Diamond member, these comments and satisfaction are very important for us.

As part of our renovation & repositioning, we indeed created our Executive Lounge, managed according to Hilton Brand Standards, a dedicated place where our Diamond members and eligible guests can feel comfortable, like they were at home.

The early opening time, at 6:30am, aims to make sure a less crowded place to have breakfast is available for selected guests. From 10:00am, once breakfast is finished, our Executive Lounge remains open throughout the day until 6:00pm with a selection of snacks (salty and sweet). Different aromatic waters are also available as well as tonics, tea and a of course coffee. From 6:00pm until 8:00pm, the Evening Offering time arrives with a supplementary snacks offer. A hot & cold choice (changing every day and adapted to the season) come directly from our restaurant’s kitchen, in addition to fresh vegetables and French cheese. During this period, we also add beers and French wine (red and white). Outside these specific service times, the Executive Lounge remains available by simple key card access, exclusive to the eligible guests.

Based on the Guest Feedback, like on FlyerTalk and from our guest interactions on property, we have already adapted the drinks availability during the day after breakfast leading to the Aperitivo time in the evening. Indeed, we take pride in listening to our guests and act accordingly.

Sir, as I can read, you have no specific dates yet for your travel to Paris, again though, it will be my personal pleasure to personally assist a fellow Belgian traveller once your travel plans firm up or if you have any further queries about Hilton Paris Opera !

With best personal regards,
Sofia.

SOFIA L. VANDAELE I General Manager
HILTON PARIS OPERA
Old Apr 29, 2015, 4:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SofiaNYC1
Dear Future Guest,

Thank you for reaching out to me directly in reference to your concerns on the Executive Lounge offering.

Hilton Paris Opera indeed recently joined the Hilton Hotels & Resorts family and we truly appreciate to know how we are doing, especially since the feedback on FlyerTalk comes from our most loyal guests; it helps us to improve every single day . Being the unique Hilton property in city center of Paris, we have an exceptional Hilton Elite members usage and definitely, as a HHonors Diamond member, these comments and satisfaction are very important for us.

As part of our renovation & repositioning, we indeed created our Executive Lounge, managed according to Hilton Brand Standards, a dedicated place where our Diamond members and eligible guests can feel comfortable, like they were at home.

The early opening time, at 6:30am, aims to make sure a less crowded place to have breakfast is available for selected guests. From 10:00am, once breakfast is finished, our Executive Lounge remains open throughout the day until 6:00pm with a selection of snacks (salty and sweet). Different aromatic waters are also available as well as tonics, tea and a of course coffee. From 6:00pm until 8:00pm, the Evening Offering time arrives with a supplementary snacks offer. A hot & cold choice (changing every day and adapted to the season) come directly from our restaurant’s kitchen, in addition to fresh vegetables and French cheese. During this period, we also add beers and French wine (red and white). Outside these specific service times, the Executive Lounge remains available by simple key card access, exclusive to the eligible guests.

Based on the Guest Feedback, like on FlyerTalk and from our guest interactions on property, we have already adapted the drinks availability during the day after breakfast leading to the Aperitivo time in the evening. Indeed, we take pride in listening to our guests and act accordingly.

Sir, as I can read, you have no specific dates yet for your travel to Paris, again though, it will be my personal pleasure to personally assist a fellow Belgian traveller once your travel plans firm up or if you have any further queries about Hilton Paris Opera !

Sofia.

HILTON PARIS OPERA
A very eloquent response to an incredibly pithy email.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Can anyone advise please whether Diamond members are restricted to the lounge for breakfast or can it be had in the restaurant (breakfast room as well)? Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:01 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Can anyone advise please whether Diamond members are restricted to the lounge for breakfast or can it be had in the restaurant (breakfast room as well)? Thanks.
I was there in March as a Diamond and could choose between breakfast in the lounge or in the breakfast room.
I chose the breakfast room and was very pleased with the breakfast.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by helosc
I was there in March as a Diamond and could choose between breakfast in the lounge or in the breakfast room.
Great. Thanks^
Old Apr 30, 2015, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by helosc
I'm there in July so great news, thanks.

And ^^^ for the lounge changes
Old May 1, 2015, 1:45 pm

News from Hilton Paris Opera

Some days ago I got a mail from Mr. Morgan Mondoloni, Guest Relations Manager, Hilton Paris Opera:

Your recent stay @ Hilton Paris Opera – Mr. submonte - April 2015

Dear Mr submonte,

I would like to thank you very much for sharing your feedback on FlyerTalk, after your recent experience with us.

This open, honest, and very detailed comment will help us improve our service delivery. I would like to inform you that it has been shared and discussed with the entire Direction Committee.
Following this discussion, actions are already on the way, such as implementing a new personalized welcome letter for all our executive guests with the opening hours and details, or also sending all our guests an upfront email informing them of the works done by the Municipality of Paris in front of our entrance.

Again, we are grateful you took the time to write about your stay, but are very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We truly apologize about this disappointment.

If you are willing to offer us another try, we would love to upgrade your future reservation to one of our beautiful renovated Suite, with access to our Executive Lounge.
Just book a standard room and reach me so I can personally follow-up.

I wish you a very nice week ahead, and remain at your entire disposal.

Best Regards,

MORGAN MONDOLONI I Guest Relations Manager

HILTON PARIS OPERA
t: +33(0)1 40 08 43 85 I
108 rue Saint-Lazare I 75008 Paris I FRANCE
parisopera.hilton.com

This is very professional reaction, showing that complaints are taken serious at Hilton Paris Opera, and I expressed Mr. Mondoloni my thanks for the personal letter and the actions taken, and confirmed to accept his offer and would come soon again.

Dear Mr. Mondoloni, Morgan, I forgot to mention in my answer to you that of course I accept the apologies.

Originally Posted by SofiaNYC1
Dear Future Guest,

Sofia.

HILTON PARIS OPERA

Welcome to FlyerTalk as a new member, Madame Vandaele, and it is a pleasure that you participate yourself in the discussions here.

We appriciate your efforts to improve the Executive Lounge service at Hilton Paris Opera following our reviews and comments here and from guests directly at the hotel. From Beijing, Shanghai, KL, to Vienna, Dresden, Berlin and Paris (incl. former Hiltons ADT and Suffren) I have experienced different service levels, offerings and opening hours (not mentioning Conrad and WA lounges like Bangkok and Imperial Rome). I am not familiar with Hilton Brand Standards in detail but conclude there is still some flexibility left, which would allow you to continuously adapt your lounge service program in special and the hotel services in general to the needs amd preferences of your guests.

Next month, before staying again at Hilton Paris Opera, I will be again in London and Berlin and will report about current Hilton lounge services there, which might be an interesting comparison to you.

I think I am not alone here suggesting to further support you in order to make your hotel – we waited long time for a Hilton in central Paris – and our stays as pleasant and perfect as possible. Considering your experiences in the luxury hotel industry in the recent years (publicly available via Google) I am very optimistic that this will be possible and wish you and your team good luck with your new hotel.

Best regards

submonte

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Thanks for the complete report, although very disappointing. Never stayed at the Eiffel Tower property, but have several times at the ADT, which I thought was a very nice Hilton. I even stayed there once after they switched over, since I had rooms booked and they still honored access to the Executive Lounge access based on my HHD expectations when I booked..

I would hope that the word gets out to Hilton HQ, and then back to the local management to shape things up, or I have little interest in visiting, and guessing that includes most HHDs.
Well, we see things begin to move. FlyerTalk is taken serious, representing the worldwide most, and most loyal and critical, hotel guests. We can observe the hotel making honest efforts to improve service and information policy and to apologize. That led to my personal conclusion to try it out again, comp. suite upgrade or not, being disappointed or not. We all make mistakes, the more we work the more mistakes can happen, running a hotel which has been a construction site is also not easy, and I am sure they will work on the deficits I experienced during my stay so they will mainly not happen again.

So for others here who are still not sure to stay at Hilton Paris Opera for holidays or business or not, due to discussions and reviews here, I would say, go ahead, and try it.

However, addressed to the executive guests (paid) and Diamond VIPs (upgraded) here (I am delayed but expect to reach the level again in 2 or 3 weeks) I am still undecided about this executive lounge and will take time to check it carefully during next stay about improvements done and still to do. The Executive Guest Concept (Executive Floor, Executive Room and Executive Lounge, „Hotel in Hotel“) has always been a Core Value of Hilton marketing and service promises and should be carefully maintained. Although I recommend to discover especially Paris by visiting its wonderful brasseries and bistros and try out French cuisine and not stay all day in the lounge and eating snacks only.

Thank you FlyerTalk community, and special thanks to our friends here who keep it running for us.

Last edited by submonte; May 1, 2015 at 2:25 pm Reason: word double, executive floor, core value
Old May 27, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Here some information from my recent stay.

The Hotel,
Very nice Hotel in good location. Downstairs Bar looks fantastic. The room - as a diamond Hhonors member I was upgraded to a newly renovated Deluxe room. Not sure if all rooms are done so far. The size of the room was very nice and for Paris generous. Bathroom was very nice with the marble stones inside but very tiny. Shower inside was great again. Restroom is separate.

The bed was nice and we sleep well. But you still need ear plugs from outside noises or some tubes/trains I don't know. Another Paris usual thing. But maybe it would be a nice idea to find earplugs in the bath amenity?

I really appreciated the bottle of wine and chocolate which hand written greeting card. Many thanks for that!

The Club Lounge,
Very nice and newly renovated lounge, with daylight some TV and computer inside as well.
As I Diamond member I was granted access. When we arrived in the afternoon we had to wait for something like 20 to 30 min. for our room. I was told they were fully booked. Waiting time was in a reasonable time frame.

During daytime, coffee/espresso e. g. from a machine is available. In a fridge you’ll find some water, coke and other non-alcoholic drinks. I think there was some cake as well.

As we returned in the evening around 7:20 pm we joined the lounge. It was very busy and we almost did not find a place. The coffee machine was still there, the cold soft drinks as well. Added in the fridge was now some Heineken beer. When I took one there were 3 bottles. On the buffet there was one bottle of white wine and one bottle red. All time there comes a new bottle if one was empty. Some small dessert with fresh fruits, some cheese (empty not refilled) some bread and butter and as main “course” Satè –Spears.

When I tried to get a 2nd beer at 7:45 pm I was told, sorry beer is empty. Well , this is what I never saw in any other Hilton Lounge before.

The breakfast is fine and ok. I only went into the restaurant. Which is almost the same breakfast just a bigger size. Btw. The omelet I ordered in the morning was one of the best ever. I asked it to be well done and it was well done! Great thanks.

The restaurant – Terminus,
As we had a long day and we checked some ratings a tripadviser we thought it might be a good idea to join there for the evening dinner. Well the menu was ok but nothing really special.
We ordered water small bottle of red wine from the menu, a burger (medium cooked) a Cesar Salad and creme brulee. (The burger was only my choice as did not rally now what I wanted to eat and I thought handmade and so on).

The water does not arrive and was not served, the wine was out of stock. I was shown a new wine in the menu another red one. The server then returned with a small bottle of white wine. But then we made it …

The meals came very fast what I really appreciate. The taste of my burger was excellent!!! Even though I must say it was not well done but rare but again for me it was great. Additional toppings which I really expect, like Ketchup, Mustard and Mojo where forgotten and I took them by myself from the side table. Cezar Salad was just ok – once again the burger was EXCELLENT and the crème brulee excellent as well.

Overall I must say, maybe too many people involved for one table, this maybe leeds to mistakes? I miss the typical French experience. Only small number of French wine on the menu but again this is my thought. You’ll not make a mistake of having dinner here but there are things to improve I would say. Sorry for my long story.

General I must say I will return to the “new” Hilton Opera as I really like the room. The breakfast is fine for me.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I don't want to be negative and I hope this hotel does well, but...

I walked past the hotel for the first time recently and was surprised that it was right next to a major train station. One thing that is common about major train stations in Europe is that you see a lot of drug use and bums sleeping outside the station. And sure enough, at 5pm mid-week as I walked about 50 feet past the front door of the Hilton, not really hidden around the corner, were some bums sleeping right up next to the hotel.

I say this just so people aren't surprised when they see this. During the day I'm sure there won't be a problem, but I've used this station at times late at night and there are some very shady goings on there. Especially on weekends.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stimpy

at 5pm mid-week as I walked about 50 feet past the front door of the Hilton, not really hidden around the corner, were some bums sleeping right up next to the hotel.

Not sure if you mean the same person but you are right. Comming out from the Hotel maybe 25 meter on the left ther is a lady living in front of the Hotel. I saw here several times and she still has "style" and was drunked or stoned what I could say by passing her.

I would say this is a general Paris "problem". When we walked arrouned the city "nice looking" people where laying on the street.

Some of those homeless person are really just homeless. And believe it or not, when I saw the lady outside the Hilton, I really wanted to offer her my room for a shower. I did not - unfortunately.

Really none of them was in any case agressive or penetrant they just where there in their small corner.

I tell ya, I was much much more afraid when I came out the train station some month ago in Seattle. They almost followed us and I hide in a restaurant. Just downtown in the center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.