Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's not really true to say it's an honour system - you are obliged to either have a ticket prior to boarding or purchase one on board. Of course, if no ticket inspectors come on board (at least 99% likely, see below) then you will get off scot free. If the machines are playing up then you would likely be able to blag your way out of it by putting on your best 'stupid lost tourist' impression to an inspector whose English probably won't stretch beyond 'hello'.

Having said that, despite having lived for 12 years in WAW, I don't ever recall seeing a ticket inspector on an airport bus - and for a night bus the chances are infinitesimally small - so you could just play the odds. I think one reason is that the ticket inspectors can barely speak a single word of English, and the airport buses are likely to have lots of people who don't speak any Polish. They can find easier pickings elsewhere.

Also, you don't board from the back. You board from any of the doors - front, middle or back.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:52 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Actually on my last trip to WAW in August we got controlled on the bus 175 to the airport.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by :D!
If you missed the last shuttle, or if you just missed one and don't fancy waiting 25 minutes, buses 175, 188 and N32 (providing 30-min service all night) can also bring you to the hotel. It's 4 stops then you will need to cross a big intersection diagonally.

Most buses have ticket machines in the back, it's an honour system and you board by the back doors (not sure if night buses are different). If you don't need a 24-hour ticket then it's PLN 3.40 to the hotel (less than $1/€1/£1)
The night buses are the same "honor system" as the daytime ones. Also, one can also walk directly from the airport to the hotel (without having to cross any major street).
:D! likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 8:57 pm
Suspended

I stayed back in Aug 1 night, flight was delayed into WAW . For some reason thought there was a free phone to the hotel, couldnt find it (theer is none). A nice employee at 1 of the car rental counters called for me and told me where to get the shuttle and the last one for night was leaving in afew mins. The hotel told him to tell me if I missed it to simply take ataxi from Company (I forget) and the hotel will pay for it So no reason to bother with a bus. But Id call 1st so that you dont get there and get told its on your dime since we didnt OK it
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I used the hotel’s shuttle both ways between the airport and the hotel and only used the 175 bus to and from the Old Town. I got on in the front waving my credit card which the driver ignored but one of the passengers pointed at a ticket machine in the middle of the bus. I could figure out there were (at least) two fares, for trips up to 20 minutes and 75 minutes. I chose 75 minutes but after that it wasn’t clear which button to press. I tried several and eventually got a ticket which cost 4.40 PLN.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 1:04 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Lest this become a thread about buses, I will just say I was told that you should not board by the front door in Warsaw by a local, and after several visits I notice bus drivers never open the front door unless you actually approach it but they look at you a bit funny until they see you are not a local.

I wouldn't take a taxi when the bus or walking is so easy.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Actually on my last trip to WAW in August we got controlled on the bus 175 to the airport.
That's interesting. I'm sure I've been on that bus over 100 times and never saw inspectors. I always have a valid pass in any case.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Lest this become a thread about buses, I will just say I was told that you should not board by the front door in Warsaw by a local, and after several visits I notice bus drivers never open the front door unless you actually approach it but they look at you a bit funny until they see you are not a local.

I wouldn't take a taxi when the bus or walking is so easy.
Most people don't use it anyway because the very front door is narrower and more awkward to board by, All the other ones always open anyway (not just the rear)
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Stayed one night connecting between flights. Called the hotel after passport control, by the time I got out a complementary taxi was waiting for me. The taxis are across the street from the terminal at the Courtyard hotel entrance. A taxi was arranged also for the next morning. Very friendly front desk agents.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Can report the same. Here for one night, and using points was a good idea, since Renaissance/Courtyard was quite pricey today.....so I had the choice of paying 650 zloty or use 20000 points, so points it was. Upon arrival, at 0920 AM, i called the reception and they sent a taxi to "the Renaissance hotel" and told me to wait infront of it. I wanted, and I waited...after a while I finally got a hold of someone at the reception again, and it appears the clerk mixed up the hotel names, so I went over to the Courtyard, and there the taxi was waiting for me.

Arrived to the hotel slightly before 10 AM, and the receptionist said my room wasn't ready yet, but housekeeping was on it. She told me to go and have some breakfast meanwhile, and so I did. After a few minutes she came over and told me that my room was ready. Very kind of them to offer me breakfast and early check-in was deeply appreciated, after a long flight.

Room is the typical cookie-cutter Hampton... I have stayed here a few times, and rooms are starting to feel little tired and outdated. Bathroom fixtures, furniture, walls, etc shows wear and tear. The three dispensers in the shower were dirty, and none of them worked properly...I suppose they are clogged by old stained soap inside... Pillows and duvets feels past overdue also.

But, all in all, a good stay. I slept comfortably. Very nice staff makes up for the shortcomings in the room. The hotel was very busy, loads of children too, but my room was very quiet. Not a single sound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.