Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Airport {POL}

We are spending 3 nights in Warsaw, thinking of moving to the Hampton Airport for the last night, 11 am flight to LHR. I see the redemption rate is 5K, has anyone stayed there or know if they have free airport shuttle service?

Must be a relative new property Tripadvisor has no reviews.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew
We are spending 3 nights in Warsaw, thinking of moving to the Hampton Airport for the last night, 11 am flight to LHR. I see the redemption rate is 5K, has anyone stayed there or know if they have free airport shuttle service?

Must be a relative new property Tripadvisor has no reviews.
From their "Maps & Directions" tab:
Airport Shuttle Service- we offer complimentary shuttle service each day between 5:15 a.m. till midnight which departs from position number 15 (second line) in front of the exit of the arrivals terminal. Shuttle runs every half an hour.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
At 5000pts incl. breakfast, being a new property, I'm sure it will be excellent value for points.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
At 5000pts incl. breakfast, being a new property, I'm sure it will be excellent value for points.
I was planning to burn a 1-5 cat Marriott certificate at their hotel in the center but this is a better alternative.

Thanks for opening a thread on this property!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
I had no idea about this hotel, or apparently a couple of other HH hotels in Poland that are now open.

And looking at the website, it says that it is a category 2 hotel, so I don't know if the 5k point award is just an introductory offer. I have still yet to understand how HH is now "pointing" their hotels. All of this time of year/ day of week crap is kind of annoying. But 5K is a steal no matter what. So it looks like the hotel is on the NE side of the airport near the LOT hangar, on 17 Stycznia street. And the street that the #175 bus which takes you into the city center (or the other way to the airport) is about 1/2 kilometer from the hotel.

Thanks to the OP for pointing this one out! ^
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Since you guys seem to know a bit about Poland, my wife is kind of insisting on taking the night train from Berlin to Krakow (this is next July) before going on to Warsaw. I was able to book the HG there for 20k, it seems a bit away from old town but a feasable walk. She says Warsaw is mostly newer construction and Krakow will give us a more enjoyable experience.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since you guys seem to know a bit about Poland, my wife is kind of insisting on taking the night train from Berlin to Krakow (this is next July) before going on to Warsaw. I was able to book the HG there for 20k, it seems a bit away from old town but a feasable walk. She says Warsaw is mostly newer construction and Krakow will give us a more enjoyable experience.
I am not aware of a night train from Berlin to Krakow. There is only one direct train between those two cities per day. It leaves Berlin around 9am and arrives in Krakow about 9 or 10 hours later. I take this train often to Breslau, but have never taken it all the way to Krakow. And even that journey seems to take forever at just under 6 hours. I can't imagine being on it until the final station. However, Air Berlin flies 2X daily from TXL to KRK. They sometimes have fare sales for around 49€. To me, that would be a much more tolerable option.

As for the HGI in Krakow. I've stayed there many times. It is along the river with a great view of Wawel Castle. There are bus stops next to the hotel which go to the city center. And there is a major tram (and bus) stop about 3 blocks from the hotel near the Grunwaldski bridge. Even walking by foot from the hotel to the city center is not that far. I do it often when the weather is nice.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Brand New

Brand spanking new hotel, was there lot long ago as they were finishing it.

Usually stay at the Hilton Warsaw, never on points as always been able to get good rates and taxi is cheap to airport. They have airport train but time are rubbish, I was on 11am to LHR and got taxi as the train was either very early or a bit too tight to make connection. If you can get the new hotel, I would give it a try, right opposite check in, and if you get high room should be able to some of the airport
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:56 am

Hello kmandrew,

I cannot help with the train but I agree with your wife: Krakow is a extremely nice city and you may skip Warsaw...the Hilton is a nice property though.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gav0106
Brand spanking new hotel, was there lot long ago as they were finishing it.
If you can get the new hotel, I would give it a try, right opposite check in, and if you get high room should be able to some of the airport
I think you are talking about the Renaissance hotel. From the HH website, it looks like this hotel is near the Novotel right before the airport.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I am not aware of a night train from Berlin to Krakow. There is only one direct train between those two cities per day. It leaves Berlin around 9am and arrives in Krakow about 9 or 10 hours later. I take this train often to Breslau, but have never taken it all the way to Krakow. And even that journey seems to take forever at just under 6 hours. I can't imagine being on it until the final station. However, Air Berlin flies 2X daily from TXL to KRK. They sometimes have fare sales for around 49€. To me, that would be a much more tolerable option.

As for the HGI in Krakow. I've stayed there many times. It is along the river with a great view of Wawel Castle. There are bus stops next to the hotel which go to the city center. And there is a major tram (and bus) stop about 3 blocks from the hotel near the Grunwaldski bridge. Even walking by foot from the hotel to the city center is not that far. I do it often when the weather is nice.
Thanks I will look at Air Berlin when they load July inventory, we are taking the night train from Amsterdam to Berlin so I wasn't too excited about taking another night train 2 days later.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:38 am

Small trip report

I stayed for 1 night at this property, on points(thanks to FT ^).

Shuttle departs from the airport at +15 and +45 and from the hotel at the hour and +30 minutes. Do not know from which time to which time.

The hotel is very close to the airport and you could even walk there on a nice day with light luggage.

Check in was fine but no diamond recognition whatsoever and no snack either. I had to ask the timetable for breakfast and about internet.

Internet worked fine and the speed was not an issue for me.

The rooms are well appointed but very small. I had only been once at a Hampton inn(GDL/MEX) and this room was probably 50% smaller. There is a queen bed and a sofa that converts into a small bed.

The temperature in the rooms is adjusted from the front desk and I asked to have it at 23º(when I arrived was 21º, a bit chilly IMO) but it never arrived to 22º.

In the room there were 2 * 0,5 lts bottles of water.

Breakfast spread was quite good including 5/6 hot items(scramble eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes, frankfurts, tomatoes and probably another one).
When I arrived, aprox 9,15am, the scramble eggs recipient was empty and when I left, aprox 20' later, it had not been replaced. I did not bother to ask if more was on the way.

I had a hamburger for dinner that was quite good. The restaurant menu was very short but at the front desk they had a list of restaurants in the area if you want something fancier.

I did not try to fitness room.

Feel free to PM me if you want some more details and I will try to reply as soon as possible.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
My 2 cents...

Had a quick one-night stay. Booked the room with points, and though it's a category 2 property the cost was only 5000 points.

My flight landed at midnight. Since the last shuttle is at 23:45, I think, the hotel actually advised me to call them so they would order a taxi for me - on their expense. Pretty nice, though I ended up paying myself.

Check-in took about 20 seconds. Everything was already set and I only needed to sign in and take my key. And this is exactly what you want at midnight after a late flight.

The room was flawless. Not too big but big enough, and everything was at it's place. Really enjoyed that room.

Breakfast was fine. Nothing special to note about it. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

At 5000 points this hotel is a bargain. Plus, for some reason, I got back 1250 points: 250 for Gold status and 1000 from a promotion.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingOutTLV
At 5000 points this hotel is a bargain. Plus, for some reason, I got back 1250 points: 250 for Gold status and 1000 from a promotion.
If you'd stayed another weekend night, it would have cost you 5k points, but you'd have earned 6k back - 1k for the night and the 5k bonus under that promotion for a second weekend night.

So that would have been two nights for 2,750 points - total, not each.

(I did the same thing in Newport).
Old May 28, 2015, 8:55 am

Does anyone have an email address for the hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.