Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exec lounge changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hilton Diamond HHonors Britisch Airways Blue
The Hilton Santa Fe is has a pour lounge, they called it "Diamond Lounge"but there a a few soda's and no warm food. Breakfast is a shame, hardly no product.

This Hilton are giving Diamond and Gold the same service, so less service.

As Diamond member you can better skip this for Diamond treatment, you will get the Gold one.

Rest of the Hotel is nice.

Greetings Hiltonhotelfans
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
Are you saying that you booked an executive level room?
Yes sir.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Was at the CPH Airport Hilton July 8/9. Excellent facility. The Lounge had just adjusted it's hours to match the new policy. No worries. It had caviar and oysters!! Great wines, beer and champagne, as well as spirits. Not as luxurious as say the Cavalleri, but probably the best Hilton Lounge I have been in.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by MrHilton
This is their breakfast offering for golds and diamonds.
The upgrade chance are close to zero for a gold member for an upgrade to the executive floors.
My experience was totally the opposite - managed to get TWO rooms upgraded to Executive Floors for NINE NIGHTS

At first when we checked in, I managed to have our first 4 nights and last 2 nights upgraded - but was advised we would need to change rooms for 3 nights.

I got friendly with 3 of the staff, who helped me out with lots of things to make our visit to Barcelona very special -the night before we were suppose to move, one of them came up to me in the lounge, and said, that he had spoken to the GM and that it would be totally unacceptable to move "such a lovely family in the middle of their stay". So we kept our rooms and lounge access too.

Although I found the lounge breakfast perfectly acceptable - fresh fruit, yogurt and espresso suits me just fine - not into the big american style breakfast - on the last night, I asked one of "my guys" if they could arrange, for our last morning, to have breakfast in the restaurant, just to see what it was like. He was not sure at the time, but said he would ask.

When I woke up, there was an envelope by the door (I suppose it does not slide in under) - inviting us, with the compliments of the hotel, to breakfast in the restaurant.

I am aware of speaking with others that the lounge did used to offer more - but the wine on offer was decent, not the best, but drinkable, and a nice way to wind down the day.
I did make a suggestion though that they keep it open, in the summer months to 10pm instead of only 8:30p or so.

We found a lovely local restaurant about 10min walk from the hotel - tall glass of "spanish" Cointreau (was very nice as it happens) for the grand sum of EUR 2,00 - and they refilled the glass when I was done !! I think cerveza was like EUR 1,00 or 1,50.
Price of drinks in the hotel, quite scandalous really - and the lack of crowd in the loung was not shocking.
Old Aug 13, 2013, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What you need to bare in mind forextrader is the great treatment you cite here is just the basic norm at most other Hilton's in Europe such as full breakfast in the restaurant whether the hotel has a lounge or not, especially for Diamond's. This shouldn't have to be a "special favour".
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
You raise a fair point - I should state that I am Gold (not Diamond). I also understand from chatting with a few other guests in the lounge, that while the lounge is still very nice, it used to be alot better.

The Diagonal Mar is a very nice property - it is a shame that they seem to have had to resort to "penny pinching" and as hogolover points out, the treatment my family received should really be the norm, rather than "a special exception".
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by HiltonFans
The Hilton Santa Fe is has a pour lounge, they called it "Diamond Lounge"but there a a few soda's and no warm food. Breakfast is a shame, hardly no product.
Hilton Santa Fe now has an exec lounge? Was breakfast in the lounge?

They used to give free breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
A client of mine told me that he stayed at Hilton Newcastle/Gateshead at the weekend and no spirits in the lounge no more! , it don't worry me as I don't drink spirts BUT costcutting does!!
Old Aug 19, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, AC Aéroplan, Accor ALL
Hilton LHR T4 dragon told me that the change was that they are now allowed to remove spirits at each property's discretion. LHR T4 decided it was nonsense - they are keeping the spirits. So not an enforced policy as such. Hence the inconstancies.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:22 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
At Hilton Cardiff UK last Friday. The lounge offerings were good in the evening. Also had all the usual spirits available. There was a sign stating just ask the lounge staff for any of the usual spirit and they would serve you. ^
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes good news on Cardiff I spoke to the manager there and said they had no plans as of now.

The Diamond Desk also confirmed to me that they had lowered the standard but hotels are under NO obligation to lower it to it and she understood that Diamonds for suite/lounges stay where their bread is buttered.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Birmingham (UK) Metropole

Learnt earlier last week that there are no sandwiches for afternoon tea any longer. Staff also hinted at further changes (read service reductions) to the lounge offerings to come.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Hilton birmingham metropole - yes i can confirm that no more sandwiches here at afternoon tea service, however this has been replaced by screaming children and the mums and dads filling their pushchairs with coke and lemonade ..... never again!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by wizla
A client of mine told me that he stayed at Hilton Newcastle/Gateshead at the weekend and no spirits in the lounge no more! , it don't worry me as I don't drink spirts BUT costcutting does!!
Can confirm this, started last month. NFI what they're playing at, the place is one of the dearest Hiltons outside of the capital (never paid under £100 for a room) so they're not exactly struggling with room rates.

It is also one of the nicest Hiltons, so it might be they're quite right that they can get away with this meanness, but meanness it is.

Heathrow T5 Hilton has the best spirit selection I've seen in the UK, there aren't a whole lot of hotel lounges serving J&B!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Glasgow

From 1 September, there are going to be cut-backs in the Exec Lounge - no spirits will be offered, and afternoon tea only offered at weekends. There have been cut-backs generally here, as regular guests will notice.
Recent TripAdvisor review

So prices are up and service quality down? What a great way to run a business. I wish I could get away with that, charging more and providing less, what business wouldn't? But then your customers are mugs, are we all mugs? It seems so in the eyes of Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.