Exec lounge changes

Old Jul 15, 13, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Exec lounge changes

Hi - just been told the brand standards have changed and that Hilton lounges no longer include spirits from 1st July 2013. Has anyone else heard or experienced this?
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Stayed at Birmingham Metropole on Friday night. Usual full range of spirits available in exec lounge^^
Old Jul 15, 13, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Welcome to FT!

Not been my experience thus far this month at Hilton properties. Historically spirits were not free in the executive lounges but in some lounges they were available at a fee. However, many locations do have free beer in the evenings and I have not noticed a drop off in either so far this month and have put up about 10 nights already in July in Hilton properties, roughly 6 of those with ELs that I have accessed.
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Hilton Madrid and Hilton Barcelona both had the spirits on offer.
Old Jul 15, 13, 2:59 pm

Venice has a sign saying 'from the 9th July we will observe the new standards set by the company' I haven't found out what this means exactly but I noticed the lounge guide doesn't mention any spirits just beers and wines...
Old Jul 15, 13, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

All seems very odd

In UK spirits have always been free unlike America so very odd that Hilton BCN Diagonal Mar claim it is new standard yet customer care know nothing about it. As diamond member I've stayed in many Hilton properties but this is the first time I've come across this
Old Jul 16, 13, 11:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, RR Platinum
Been in touch with some continental European properties where I stay every once so often, and they confirmed that no changes have been made to the Exec lounge offering since my earlier stays this year and also none are planned (i.e. spirits still included).
Old Jul 16, 13, 3:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Hilton Belfast

Staying here at the moment. Spirits (in a limited choice, i.e. Gin, Wodka, Whisky, Bacardi Rum) & Wine & Beers are served from 18.00-20.30 along with appetizers. Literally served: there is a EL lady serving the drinks after asking what you would like to have.
Old Jul 16, 13, 3:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Hilton Diagonal Mar

So no wine, beer or spirits in the lounge at Diagonal Mar?

If true, it is not good for an upcoming stay next week...

I have also read somewhere that the evening canapes have been reduced lately. At my last stay in May the spread for the canape service in the evening was very nice.
Old Jul 16, 13, 3:53 pm

I wrote on the Venice thread, that as per the new "company" rules spirits are gone as are any all-day offerings except nuts, bread sticks etc. Efffective since 9th July.

Staff (genuinely) think/have been told its like this across the entire chain now.
Old Jul 16, 13, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
So no wine, beer or spirits in the lounge at Diagonal Mar?

If true, it is not good for an upcoming stay next week...

I have also read somewhere that the evening canapes have been reduced lately. At my last stay in May the spread for the canape service in the evening was very nice.
The Hilton diagonal mar only offers wine, beer and cava.
No other alcoholic drinks if you are not paying.

The Hilton Barcelona still has spirits on offer.

So diagonal mar is following this absurd new standard and Hilton Barcelona is not.

Also breakfast is only complimentary in their lounge or in the bar at te del mar.
They gave me a letter stating that as a diamond member I could upgrade to the restaurant breakfast for "only" 25 EUR.

I have sent them an email, to complain and I hope hotels doing all these cost cuttings lose a lot of guest.

Everybody should complain to corporate and the hotels...
Old Jul 16, 13, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by MrHilton View Post
Also breakfast is only complimentary in their lounge or in the bar at te del mar.
They gave me a letter stating that as a diamond member I could upgrade to the restaurant breakfast for "only" 25 EUR.
I wonder if other European Hiltons are this bad? I always preferred breakfast in the restaurants since the varieties much greater.
Old Jul 17, 13, 1:41 am

I just checked with the Hilton Munich City where I'm staying next week and they confirmed as a Diamond I could have the lounge or full restaurant breakfast
Old Jul 17, 13, 1:55 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Was at Hilton london canary wharf monday night , full range of spirts avalable.
Old Jul 17, 13, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
I wonder if other European Hiltons are this bad? I always preferred breakfast in the restaurants since the varieties much greater.
No, only Diagonal mar is terrible.
They really went downhil in terms of elite benefits.

They are actually pathetic and are only a Hilton by name.

Even the staff at the front desk did agree.

And all they could suggest was to sent complaint emails to their management..

Search this Thread
Search Engine: