Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors announces new benefits for Diamonds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors announces new benefits for Diamonds

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exerda
I've actually stayed at several Hilton properties (Hamptons and DoubleTrees, mostly) where I had to circle the lot several times to find a space. DoubleTrees in Denver and near SFO come to mind from my past few months' travel.

For those situations, assuming the spots are actually enforced, I'd find it quite a nice benefit. Nothing to get excited about, but at least something given rather than taken away for a change.
A colleague & I visit a HGI in Indiana on a monthly basis & parking is always a challenge since they share their parking lot w/a Homewood Suites. We usually end up parking in the 'annex' (restaurant next door) because that's all we can find. Interestingly, on our stay there last week I was joking w/one of the girls @ the front desk about putting in Diamond only parking w/diamond encrusted signs Swear to God I had not seen anything about this new benefit & the hotels being req'd to install the signs (though apparently sans the sparkles) until today.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by travelexpert
When i saw the headline, I thought finally--Diamonds will finally get some REAL benefits versus Gold. Like suite upgrades. Discounted award stays.

So what's the reality?

Hilton Worldwide announced that it is launching HHonors Diamond Elite Parking and Select-A-Snack, two new benefits for select loyalty program members at its Hampton-branded properties.

This is HUGE news.....

I guess. For those who earn Diamond status from Hampton stays, maybe.
I stayed at a Hampton once......ONCE!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Wonder how they enforce it. Do you get a window tag at check-in? Do they really tow if you're not Diamond?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I know the Hampton inn Forest City Arkansas has had them for about two months now.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:43 pm

Is there adequate overhead clearance for my giraffe?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Argonott
Wonder how they enforce it. Do you get a window tag at check-in? Do they really tow if you're not Diamond?
Wondering that as well

I've had the DT in Austin hold a spot for me in their garage before which was awesome. My flight was really late so they called me to let me know they would hold space for me since the hotel was sold out. Love it. ^
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
In the spirit of the Gold upgrade thread I can envision a new form of a "Diamond challenge"- where someone parking in the Diamond spot is accosted by other guests and challenged to prove s/he is a Diamond (is that card expired???)

In Florida these other guests could be carrying heat.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Honestly, if there are other nearby parking spaces available, I would choose them. I don't want the attention.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro (2MM), HH DIA, IHG PLT
The Hampton I stay in Atlanta installed signs last week. A total of about 6 for a 7 story Hampton. Don't know how many rooms. Since I never get back to the hotel before 8:00pm I never get one. Maybe just one time....
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
If airport Hampton's with their own parking lots would allow diamonds staying overnight there to park for free while they are on there trip would be a great benefit
Old Jul 17, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I'm not sure they thought this one through....
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: hh diamond, cp diamond priority club plat Alaska 75k Delta Gold
Special diamond parking Hampton Idaho Falls

Stayed last night at the Hampton inn

Was very pleasantly surprised to see parking specific to diamond members.

this was the hotel by the falls, and among the best Hamptons I have stayed in

Wads
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
That's interesting. Was it just posted signs on some spaces, or was there some form of enforcement?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:21 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-diamonds.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hlight=parking
Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:25 pm

Has anyone noticed or experienced the fact that the "2 complimentary drink vouchers" for Golds and Diamonds at Waldorf properties is now conspicuously missing from the list of benefits?

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explor...its/index.html

How lame. I guess you guys can enjoy your parking spot! Just an FYI for everyone.

I had been clutching onto 3 drink vouchers from the WA Chicago during my last stay. Never made it to Bernards on that stay and was looking forward to cashing them in next month. I suppose they don't have an expiration so maybe I can force their cheap, slimy hands on honoring the deal. Sorry, I am bitter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.