FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1457919-hampton-hilton-amsterdam-airport-schiphol-nld.html)

wizla Oct 23, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by MP001 (Post 28966555)
Thank you wizla, looking forward to this as I have a planned say on November, 10th

Leave it with me my friend, leave it with me.......will action.

wizla Oct 25, 2017 1:40 am

Should reach here around 10pm tonight, done OLCI to corner room top floor as no pre assigned room .......... will report back!

wizla Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Arrived 10-20, swift check in ( maybe because I was first off the shuttle bus ) ...... corner room , top floor , nice room, typically Hampton and very clean , feels almost new?...... bed comfy, shower powerful and hot.....went to bar , very limited menu so had pizza, it was ok but a little underdone ......opted for free drink and snack option over 250 points, had a beer too ( grolsh on tap!) ........ great service, happy.........
Hotel bar was fairly busy but a great jolly vibe, I'm off to bed as I'm knackered... in the morning I will check out the gym and then breakfast.......will report back!

wizla Oct 25, 2017 4:09 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Mp001.....there you go mate!

docbert Oct 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 28976928)

Thus ends the 4 year debate over whether the shuttle was free in both directions or not :)

MP001 Oct 25, 2017 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 28976928)

Many thanks!

wizla Oct 25, 2017 11:58 pm

.......slept fairly well, room quiet. Bed super comfy but very firm ( my preference) , now grabbing a quick coffee before I hit the gym, breakfast area busy....will try and get some photos of hotel......will report back

wizla Oct 26, 2017 12:22 am

4 Attachment(s)
Breakfast area/lobby

wizla Oct 26, 2017 12:26 am

4 Attachment(s)
Gym has 2 treadmills, a bike and a cross trainer.......there is also a BENCH and a few free weights -

wizla Oct 26, 2017 10:54 am

Gym , quiet and rather uninspiring, breakfast however was impressive!....standard Hampton affair but hot and tasty ( tip- put a shot of espresso in cup before hitting cappachino button, much better! )......... packed and swift check out.

CONCLUSION- probably the best Hampton I've stayed in, no issues and would stay again.

ROOM NO - 511

NEXT STAY - Doubletree Amsterdam Ndsm Wharf ( I'm here now )

nldogbert Oct 26, 2017 11:24 am

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 28977346)
Thus ends the 4 year debate over whether the shuttle was free in both directions or not :)

In my experience, in the beginning, during the 1st years when this property opened, it was a paid service from airport to hotel, but not hotel to airport.
It was only (afaik) a complimentary service since 1.5 years ago.

In the beginning, when it first opened, on-site parking was complimentary, but now, it is a paid fee. That's why now I am doing the opposite, not parking but using the shuttle (though not an option if you have a flight earlier than when the shuttle service starts).

This was at least my experience the couple of times I stayed at this property.

Cheers!

Sisosig Oct 27, 2017 11:34 am

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 28976914)
Very limited menu so had pizza, it was ok but a little underdone ......

Hampton by Hiltons - at least the European ones - as a brand standard, are allowed to serve only a very limited dinner menu. On my stay here this winter, they were serving "Culidelight" meals (origin: freezer) but only three or so. I think I took a salad and the curry, which had a decent taste.

wizla Oct 27, 2017 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Sisosig (Post 28984517)
Hampton by Hiltons - at least the European ones - as a brand standard, are allowed to serve only a very limited dinner menu. On my stay here this winter, they were serving "Culidelight" meals (origin: freezer) but only three or so. I think I took a salad and the curry, which had a decent taste.

To be fair it was way after the kitchen had closed, the barman tried to phone me a take away but it was closed, he apparently opened up the kitchen again just for me?.......it was ok to be fair, I don't normally eat pizza but any port in a storm.

Sisosig Oct 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 28965804)
Can you get photos of the shuttle bus times? I'm staying in November but with a midnight arrival.

Would like to add that you could also take a train. From the underground Schiphol Airport station a "Sprinter" train will take you to Hoofddorp Station in 4 minutes. Hoofddorp is the next stop for all local trains headed towards The Hague / Leiden / Rotterdam. The Hampton hotel is in next to the Hoofddorp station. Trains run about every ten minutes, last train departs around 1:00 am.

You may print a 2.30 euro ticket at home or download an eticket to your "Reisplanner" app, which has an English mode. The app was great, with voice control, and would even recognize Hoofddorp when pronounced in English. Edit: The App has been 'improved'. In the past, anywhere at the airport, you could say "Take me to Hoofddorp" or "Amsterdam Central" and it would show your train's time and platform as well as the the next three trains to your destination. Now it no longer seems to accept this kind of voice control, and instead automatically shows info about all upcoming trains into any direction.

OldVines Feb 12, 2018 11:12 pm

Stayed there last week. A word of warning - I got the train fromSchiphol and got off at the front of the train. If you come out of the main exit from the station do not cross the wide road until you reach the hotel. I was walking along the footpath (sidewalk) and it came to a dead end, and I had to retrace my steps, cross back over the road and go along past the station carpark to the traffic lights.

Apart from that, an excellent Budget stay between flights