FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hampton by Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1457919-hampton-hilton-amsterdam-airport-schiphol-nld.html)

flaii Dec 16, 2013 6:59 am

Originally Posted by theblakefish (Post 21965273)
Are there any dining options near this hotel - even a market or somewhere to grab a sandwich and/or beer?

This hotel looks to be a great option for an early-morning departure from AMS - especially with the trains running every 5-10 minutes and a 4-minute journey to the airport station, but I am a bit worried about the food situation.

Thanks!

I stayed here a couple months ago, and I walked one morning to a nearby shopping mall. It included Dutch standbys like Albert Heijn XL supermarket and HEMA store, as well as restaurants and cafes and fast food restaurants. It's a rather American-style shopping mall (as in, all enclosed). Here's a map I made of the walk from the hotel - it's about 15 minutes by foot through a park and a residential area:

http://goo.gl/maps/aTRWx

FlyinDutchman Jan 19, 2014 5:09 am

I stayed at this hotel a few times recently. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Staff are all nice. The rooms still look very new. All regular room double beds are Queen sized. Showers are fine and clean. All furniture still looks really new. Breakfast is included (both cold and hot items). Hot items usually are scrambled eggs, beacon and sausages. Also various cereals with milk are available. Various fruits are also present. The hotel is very close to the local train station (Hoofddorp) which provides easy acces both to Schiphol Airport as well as Amsterdam Central.

All in all a great hotel for this price range.

AhogZ Jun 18, 2014 7:46 am

Stayed for 1 night, used shuttle bus without any problems, Staff was friendly, breakfast included, wifi free and fast. Rooms are clean and modern, the only issue was the crowd around breakfast area, tons of people, hard to find a place and garb food, but maybe it was just the bad timing. Altogether recommended.

FlyinDutchman Jul 25, 2014 11:32 am

Stayed here again a few times and just wanted to reemphasize the great value for money this hotel is. Free breakfast for all. Great pleasant staff. Many young people in the staff. The main manager (Hubertine) is great and very reliable in case of problems. Rooms are still new and very clean. Small bar for after dinner drinks. Free fast wifi for all. Shuttle buses to Schiphol Airport available.

Also, along with the newly opened WA Amsterdam, this will be the only Dutch Hilton property participating in the Q3 2014 promotion.

Sisosig Jul 25, 2014 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman (Post 23256189)
Also, along with the newly opened WA Amsterdam, this will be the only Dutch Hilton property participating in the Q3 2014 promotion.

One of the very few, along with HGI Leiden.

Skimanant Jan 1, 2015 9:08 am

1 night stay before Christmas. Great hotel and good value for money. Booked junior suite and got top floor corner/ junior suite which I was very pleased with. Rooms do still look/ feel new, and are in good condition. Breakfast was very good, with that lovely Dutch crispy bacon!
Found all staff pleasant, very easy for train network ( 1 stop from Schjpol), will definitely use again.

Sisosig Feb 7, 2015 8:58 am

Please note, from 1st of Feb, 2015 a parking charge will be in place at this hotel. Parking will be charged at 15 EURO/day or 1.50 EURO/hour with a maximum of 15.00 EURO/day. Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if you have any questions or inquiries.

thomas199023 Mar 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Any recent updates?

nldogbert Mar 16, 2016 11:07 am

Quick review: Feb 2016 stay

Hi,

Stayed here for a 2nd time after 2 years since I had an early morning flight and did not want to drive too far in the morning, so with a good rate I booked this place.

It is more or less the same as my last stay. Only bad is as Sissog indicated, they started charging for parking. In my opinion, it's ok to charge the 15 Euro if you use the parking for the whole day, but since I arrived rather late, after 9 pm, and leaving again at 6.30 am, I thought it was ridiculous to pay that. No discount nor exception for Elite members.
Since I had a rental car with me, I just decided to return the car earlier than expected and took the hotel shuttle back to the hotel from Schiphol.

One positive (i think) development is that the hotel shuttle is at least now complimentary - I remembered it used to be a pay service.

As an Elite member - I received a voucher to get one snack + drink item from the marketplace. I wanted to swap the voucher instead for a glass of wine from the bar - but was told that was not possible.

Room: Was given a standard room - I believe that they had larger rooms - so as an Elite member, they don't upgrade you to those rooms. (I did not bother to ask since it was just 1 night). Even after 2 years, the condition of the rooms are ok.

Internet: Was not offered any premium internet - but in general the speed was ok even with the normal service.

Staff: Still the same as before - friendly and helpful.

Breakfast: The last time I did not have the time - this time I did manage to quickly drop by and the selections are not bad - much much better compared to Hampton's Inn in US - but not comparable to full service hotel. (I don't have much experience outside of US Hampton's Inn - so can't compare to other Hampton Inn's in Europe).

General - still a good hotel if you need one in the area. Still rather peeved on the parking. There are quite a number of new hotels in the area since 2 years ago - the newest I believe is the Hyatt Place - which I might try one day if the price is right.

Cheers!

bobsmo Mar 17, 2016 6:58 am

Also might try the Hyatt next time as website states they still have free parking....but see the standard rate is about 10EUR above the Hampton.... The Crown Plaza around the corner also charges 15EUR....which is a joke I agree.

Internet is quite good though at the Hampton Schiphol, usually get around 20Mb down.

deesistim Jun 3, 2017 6:35 am

Originally Posted by bobsmo (Post 26345268)
Also might try the Hyatt next time as website states they still have free parking....but see the standard rate is about 10EUR above the Hampton.... The Crown Plaza around the corner also charges 15EUR....which is a joke I agree.

Internet is quite good though at the Hampton Schiphol, usually get around 20Mb down.

The Crowne Plaza doesn't charge you for parking. Bar is always open.
A colleague of mine called before to reserve a spot as stated on the website and the reception had to laugh.:p:p

wizla Oct 23, 2017 5:49 am

I'm here Wednesday night guys, gonna be arriving around 10pm so trip report will be sketchy but will do one regardless........will report back!

Tokyoite Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am

Can you get photos of the shuttle bus times? I'm staying in November but with a midnight arrival.

wizla Oct 23, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 28965804)
Can you get photos of the shuttle bus times? I'm staying in November but with a midnight arrival.

I will certainly try for you.

MP001 Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Originally Posted by wizla (Post 28965503)
I'm here Wednesday night guys, gonna be arriving around 10pm so trip report will be sketchy but will do one regardless........will report back!

Thank you wizla, looking forward to this as I have a planned say on November, 10th