Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points Posting as "Pending"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Points Posting as "Pending"

Is this a new feature? Account properly shows past 2 stays, but no points yet and points total are showing as pending. WTH?
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is this a new feature? Account properly shows past 2 stays, but no points yet and points total are showing as pending. WTH?
It started last december. The points will show in a day or two.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:51 am

if it's showing in your account and it's booked as an eligible stay, I agree the points will show up soon. (i.e. 3rd party even with your number is not going to show points, it's not eligible).
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Give it time. This is yet another "feature" of the Hilton site

Neil
Old Feb 2, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
For my stay ending last Friday (Jan 25), the points showed up on Tuesday (Jan 29) in the expanded details for the stay, and were added to my total, but the summary line in My Account for that stay showed the points as "pending" for a few days. I just checked now (Feb 2) and the total points for the stay are now shown on the summary line.

Curious that it takes so long to post the final points, and even stranger that the interim points are creditied to the account even while it says "pending."
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by missamo80
Give it time. This is yet another "feature" of the Hilton site

Neil
This is actually a good feature. Previous to the change it was showing the stay with "0" points awarded...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather have the "pending"
Old Feb 2, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
I like the new feature, too. It sure helped my gold challenge, 'cause got my status faster..
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thanks, didn't see this sooner as I haven't stayed at Hiltons for awhile.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
For my stay ending last Friday (Jan 25), the points showed up on Tuesday (Jan 29) in the expanded details for the stay, and were added to my total, but the summary line in My Account for that stay showed the points as "pending" for a few days. I just checked now (Feb 2) and the total points for the stay are now shown on the summary line.

Curious that it takes so long to post the final points, and even stranger that the interim points are creditied to the account even while it says "pending."
+1 I also had the same experience.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
This is actually a good feature. Previous to the change it was showing the stay with "0" points awarded...

Don't know about you, but I'd rather have the "pending"
+1
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
I had the "Pending" first show up after a stay in December and once again for a January stay. Up until then almost all my prior stays had posted completely no later then three days after checkout, but since the new enhancement it seems these last two stays were delayed for a day or two longer before they showed up, all the while the folio appeared within the usual two days (no longer then three) after checkout. The first time I was concerned about the "pending" delay, thinking that there had been a problem with the correct information posting, but the correct points, miles, and stay credit finally appeared, albeit after five days instead of the usual three. Then after the January stay the pending notice also seemed to delay the time it took to post my credits, so I just kept checking every day or so to see when they appeared.

I don't see the need for the "Pending" comment while awaiting stay credits to finally show up, as obviously if they're not there, they're "Pending".

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.