Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Home2 Suites stays only earn 5 base points/$1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some

Home2 Suites by Hilton is the new extended stay brand.

I noticed today that Home2 Suites is the only Hilton brand to earn just 5 base points/$1 and only on room rate. All other brands earn 10 points per dollar, even the extended stay Homewood Suites.

Hilton and Wyndham (Hawthorn Suites) were the only hotel brands to offer 10 points per dollar for their extended stay brand as well as all other brands. They both dropped the earn rate to 5 points per dollar or 50% of the earn rate for other brands.

Disappointed to notice this program change today.

I wonder if Homewood Suites will drop to 5 points per dollar soon?

Last edited by satori; Mar 21, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 21, 2011, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Home2 Suites also charts new ground on the miles earning front.

HHonors Points + Fixed Miles is not an option with Home2 Suites.

HHonors + Variable miles is capped at 100 miles per stay with Home2 Suites.

Home 2 Suites = 7.5 points/$1 with Points & Points on room rate only or

5 points/$1 + 1 mile per $1 with a maximum of 100 miles per Home2 Suites hotel stay.

Now I think I get the real meaning of the new $25 million 'Beyond Points" Hilton Worldwide marketing campaign.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Interesting!

I guess that for me this brand is simple to summarize, for the same reason I never stay in Residence Inn on revenue nights....

DOA
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Booked two rooms on points @ the still-to-be opened Home2Suites in downtown Baltimore for late August (just 1 night) - as a Cat 1 = 7500 pts x 2 = 15K points for 2 rooms! At that point level, I'll gladly use the points!

Note: hilton.com shows $189/$199 (1queen or 1 king) BAR (or $170 for AAA) per night per room.

David
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Where does this brand rate quality wise? both within the Hilton portfolio and compared to other extended stay brands?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by neo_781
Where does this brand rate quality wise? both within the Hilton portfolio and compared to other extended stay brands?
The Home2 Suites line appears to be aimed primarily at the business traveler since these are studio suites. Among the three suite brands of Hilton, it doesn't have the atria of Embassy properties and it's not the homey/fuzzy feel of Homewood. These are single room suites for single business travelers - not the many room/many bed configurations of the other two Hilton suite brands. Given that there are only just over 60 properties in the Home2 line as of this writing, these are very new properties with fairly modern finishes.

Versus Marriott brands, I would directly compare the Home2's to the SpringHill Suites. However, there are right now over 280 of those and their exposure as a nationwide brand is much better and extensive at this point.

For a review of at least one Home2 property, consider the following.

David
Old Apr 28, 2012, 3:57 pm

Personally, I think Home2 is more comparable with Marriott's TownePlace brand than it is with its Springhill brand.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:52 am
In Memoriam

I just noticed this too; 5 points per dollar. I wonder what in the world they were thinking of when they did this?

Guess what? In Columbus GA, I can pick a 2XTree with a full breakfast (versus the open faced whatever) for the same money as the H2S. I have stayed my last stay there. @:-)

On a $:$ basis, 2XTree will win everytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.