Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

I have a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club

So this is a strange one:

Around the first of the month I booked a one night stay at the Homewood Suites in Coralville, IA (921 E. 2nd Avenue Coralville, IA). The website stated this was a new hotel. The stay is for the middle of February.

Today, when perusing my reservations I noticed one that was still valid but did not have a hotel listed. The blank reservation still had a confirmation number. When I clicked to view details of the phantom reservation it just brought me back to my account summary page. When I called the Diamond Desk she said she would have to call me back. There is now not a single mention of this hotel on any of Hilton's webpages. The phone number on the confirmation e-mail is dead. I have received no contact from Hilton/Homewood or anybody representing the problem.

Has any one else ever held a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist? My gut tells me to book a back up ASAP (Rooms in Coralville/Iowa City tend to fill FAST). Has anyone even heard of the Homewood in Coralville, IA?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Minneapolis
So this is a strange one:

Around the first of the month I booked a one night stay at the Homewood Suites in Coralville, IA (921 E. 2nd Avenue Coralville, IA). The website stated this was a new hotel. The stay is for the middle of February.

Has any one else ever held a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist? My gut tells me to book a back up ASAP (Rooms in Coralville/Iowa City tend to fill FAST). Has anyone even heard of the Homewood in Coralville, IA?
I'd scrub this reservation .... and make another.

When we go out that way, we usually stay in Cedar Rapids which has the airport that serves Iowa City and the Hawkeye's Univ..... a bit of a risk this time of year of course.

Bob H
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
It's not finished yet. Here's a story from last week in the local paper (with a picture so you can see it does exist)

http://www.press-citizen.com/article.../Building-boom

I would guess it got pushed back and they don't know when it will be opening, so they diverted the website back to the main one and are not taking any reservations.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
I've seen it. It's still under construction. There's a Hampton Inn very close by and another brand new Hampton Inn in Iowa City.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a newish Microtel in Coralville, among the cluster of hotels at the interstate exit.

If you need to be in Iowa City, there's a full service hotel in a great location downtown, but it can be full/expensive. I think it was a Sheraton when I was last there--it's some similar chain.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
If Hilton took the reservation, then they will have to place you in another Hilton property nearby. If this is acceptable to you, I would call them and tell them to do so; also request extra "goodwill" points for the inconvenience.

Good luck, and do report back.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 8:55 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I have stayed at the Coralville Hampton. Once. The next time I booked up in Cedar Rapids and drove a bit farther to my work. It may be better now, but I put it on my "Never Again" list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.