FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   I have a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1430353-i-have-reservation-hotel-doesnt-exist.html)

Minneapolis Jan 22, 2013 6:52 am

I have a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist

So this is a strange one:

Around the first of the month I booked a one night stay at the Homewood Suites in Coralville, IA (921 E. 2nd Avenue Coralville, IA). The website stated this was a new hotel. The stay is for the middle of February.

Today, when perusing my reservations I noticed one that was still valid but did not have a hotel listed. The blank reservation still had a confirmation number. When I clicked to view details of the phantom reservation it just brought me back to my account summary page. When I called the Diamond Desk she said she would have to call me back. There is now not a single mention of this hotel on any of Hilton's webpages. The phone number on the confirmation e-mail is dead. I have received no contact from Hilton/Homewood or anybody representing the problem.

Has any one else ever held a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist? My gut tells me to book a back up ASAP (Rooms in Coralville/Iowa City tend to fill FAST). Has anyone even heard of the Homewood in Coralville, IA?

BobH Jan 22, 2013 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 20099189)
So this is a strange one:

Around the first of the month I booked a one night stay at the Homewood Suites in Coralville, IA (921 E. 2nd Avenue Coralville, IA). The website stated this was a new hotel. The stay is for the middle of February.

Has any one else ever held a reservation for a hotel that doesn't exist? My gut tells me to book a back up ASAP (Rooms in Coralville/Iowa City tend to fill FAST). Has anyone even heard of the Homewood in Coralville, IA?

I'd scrub this reservation .... and make another.

When we go out that way, we usually stay in Cedar Rapids which has the airport that serves Iowa City and the Hawkeye's Univ..... a bit of a risk this time of year of course.

Bob H

cordelli Jan 22, 2013 7:45 am

It's not finished yet. Here's a story from last week in the local paper (with a picture so you can see it does exist)

http://www.press-citizen.com/article.../Building-boom

I would guess it got pushed back and they don't know when it will be opening, so they diverted the website back to the main one and are not taking any reservations.

bamboola Jan 22, 2013 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Minneapolis (Post 20099189)

I've seen it. It's still under construction. There's a Hampton Inn very close by and another brand new Hampton Inn in Iowa City.

MSPeconomist Jan 22, 2013 8:00 am

There's a newish Microtel in Coralville, among the cluster of hotels at the interstate exit.

If you need to be in Iowa City, there's a full service hotel in a great location downtown, but it can be full/expensive. I think it was a Sheraton when I was last there--it's some similar chain.

fozziedoggie Jan 22, 2013 8:18 am

If Hilton took the reservation, then they will have to place you in another Hilton property nearby. If this is acceptable to you, I would call them and tell them to do so; also request extra "goodwill" points for the inconvenience.

Good luck, and do report back.

InkUnderNails Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm

I have stayed at the Coralville Hampton. Once. The next time I booked up in Cedar Rapids and drove a bit farther to my work. It may be better now, but I put it on my "Never Again" list.