Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Premium Club Asia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pinniped
Just starting to look into this program.

In March 2020, we'll be at Conrad Koh Samui for 5 nights. We will be in Bangkok for 3 nights, almost certainly at a Hilton property (currently booked at Millennium but not locked into that). We are 2 adults 2 teenagers, Diamond status.

I had heard of this program a while back but mostly wrote it off since it had been nerfed, especially with respect to CKS benefits. But now I'm wondering if I should consider it? Does the sign-up cost include 1 room-night in Bangkok (I know it doesn't in Koh Samui)?

We will almost certainly use hotel restaurants multiple times at CKS. There may be meals where it's just my wife and I and others where it's 4 of us. (In other words, we may do a wine dinner without them. ) Probably less on-prem dining in Bangkok but still may grab a meal or two over the course of three days.

Is this card worth another look?
I've never been Koh Samui...are there off-property restaurants walking distance from the hotel? I was mostly assuming we would not rent a car and didn't think there would be Ubers or similar everywhere. I like the idea of trying local things and not being captive to the hotel, but I didn't expect to have a whole lot of choice on this one.
Wife and I recently spent 6 nights at CKS and purchased/joined the Hilton Dining Asia Pacific just prior to arrival. We ate at Jahn once, The Cellar once, and at Azure twice. HDAP easily paid for itself with this one visit, and will pay back even more on our visit to Thailand early next year.

There really isn't anything you can easily walk to from CKS - you cross a very high and very steep hill to get to the property. There are lots of places within a short cab ride, however.

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Oct 1, 2019 at 6:16 pm Reason: Corrected title of program to Hilton Dining Asia Pacific
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
It looks like you have to designate a different hotel as the "host" hotel. The way I read it, you get 1 free night in a 2adult/2child room plus lots of other perks specific to that hotel. Am I reading that right?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
It looks like you have to designate a different hotel as the "host" hotel. The way I read it, you get 1 free night in a 2adult/2child room plus lots of other perks specific to that hotel. Am I reading that right?
Yes, you can only use the certificates at your selected "host" hotel. At all other participating hotels in APAC you get 25% off food and beverage (including alcohol), plus a 20% discount off the Easy Cancellation rate (which tends to be pretty high, so the value of this discount may be limited). There are also some minor bennies for other properties in Thailand. I chose the Conrad Bangkok as my host hotel because I plan on staying there in a few months.

Click on the "Full Local Benefits" link here to see a complete breakdown of bennies:

https://hiltondiningapac.com/Purchase?package=359
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: Alaska
deleted. wrong benefit.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Yes, you can only use the certificates at your selected "host" hotel.
Cool..that's they way I read it.

It sounds like people are saying it's borderline worth it if you just go to CKS and spend a few days there.

But it seems like it becomes a substantial cost saver if you actually go spend a 2-3 nights at one of the host hotels, using your 1 room-night + some of the other certificates.

A four-person room at the Conrad Bangkok is probably $150-200 all in by itself. Maybe throw in one nice dinner at the hotel plus a poolside lunch or something... We'd drink the wine.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 10:42 pm

I'm staying at CKS soon and would like to purchase the membership. On the website, for most of the hotels, there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase membership. So, I have to purchase membership to one of the hotels that have the option (such as Conrad Bangkok)? It doesn't seem either membership through Hilton Osaka or Hilton Tokyo can be purchased?
It seems that membership can only be purchased through 15 hotels right now, 8 in Malaysia, 6 in Thailand, and 1 in the Philippines.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by princesakura
I'm staying at CKS soon and would like to purchase the membership. On the website, for most of the hotels, there doesn't seem to be an option to purchase membership. So, I have to purchase membership to one of the hotels that have the option (such as Conrad Bangkok)? It doesn't seem either membership through Hilton Osaka or Hilton Tokyo can be purchased?
It seems that membership can only be purchased through 15 hotels right now, 8 in Malaysia, 6 in Thailand, and 1 in the Philippines.
there are very limited hotels that offer this membership

May I know what's the main objective you want to apply one?

I am currently a dining club member and I am very disappointed with their program.

the main reason I applied this is to book "member rate 20percent off", we must use the dedicated app to book but surprisingly not all hotel available, and some hotels had 2 whole months black out from this member rate (my host hotel: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, no member rate available during the month of Dec 2019 and January 2020).
Old Feb 25, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by jiunsoh
there are very limited hotels that offer this membership

May I know what's the main objective you want to apply one?

I am currently a dining club member and I am very disappointed with their program.

the main reason I applied this is to book "member rate 20percent off", we must use the dedicated app to book but surprisingly not all hotel available, and some hotels had 2 whole months black out from this member rate (my host hotel: Hilton Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, no member rate available during the month of Dec 2019 and January 2020).
I was interested because of the dining discounts at Conrad Koh Samui. But, since I don't regularly stay at any of the properties in the program, I think it may not be worth it, especially because I will only be at Conrad Koh Samui for about 48 hours only.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
This should be called Hilton Dining Asia and not APAC: no hotels in Pacific (Australia, NZ, Fiji, etc)
Old May 30, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
I saw a thread in China forum saying Hilton dining Asia in China ceased operation, and because China is the HQ of this programme, it means the whole programme might be discontinued regionally.

I will try to get a confirmation with local Hilton dining Asia office on Monday.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
Is the Hilton Dining Club still a thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.