Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by tobegold
Please provide feedback on the lounge during your stay. Thanks.
I’m only gold but will do if I get access.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by tobegold
Please provide feedback on the lounge during your stay. Thanks.
I’m currently at the Scalini restaurant on the second floor which acts as the lounge for evening canapés. There’s a small spread consisting of mini burgers, mango sticky rice, fruit and a couple of other items. No more than 10 people here right now.

4th floor lounge is supposed to be open for breakfast so I’ll try to check it out later in the week.

ichigen likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by greendx
I’m currently at the Scalini restaurant on the second floor which acts as the lounge for evening canapés. There’s a small spread consisting of mini burgers, mango sticky rice, fruit and a couple of other items. No more than 10 people here right now.

4th floor lounge is supposed to be open for breakfast so I’ll try to check it out later in the week.

Thanks, hopefully occupancy picks up and the lounge will be hosting the evening social when I am there in December.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC - 75K Star Alliance Gold, Bonvoy - Titanium Elite
Do Gold members get free breakfast at this hotel? I got a long stay planned and not sure familiar with Hilton benefits as I stay in Marriotts.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:15 pm

I was there last month (right after the entry requirements were relaxed;
no more Test and Go and just Vaccination and Insurance needed).
The evening canapé offering looked the quite same;
Variation of food was roughly 1/3 or 1/4 of what I got in May 2018.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:51 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by neotraveller
Do Gold members get free breakfast at this hotel? I got a long stay planned and not sure familiar with Hilton benefits as I stay in Marriotts.
Gold is supposed to get free breakfast at this hotel, but I do not know if they have caught the Hilton flu from their US big brother
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:10 pm

Yes, free breakfast for Gold members at the same restaurant on the 2nd floor as the evening canapes. Full buffet and a good spread of hot and cold items including an egg, pancakes and noodle stations. I mentioned in my previous post that the evening canape occupancy was low but the breakfast area was quite busy this morning so the hotel is far from empty. One thing to note, at breakfast you are required to wear gloves at the buffet. While I saw some people wearing gloves at breakfast in other hotels in Thailand on this trip, this is the first time for me where they are required. Not a big deal other than my hands are large so it was a bit of a pain getting the gloves on.

Earlier in the thread there was a question about access between Hilton and Doubletree. I can confirm that it is open.
neotraveller likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Yes. Also, Gold members staying at the Doubletree get breakfast at the Hilton. With room rates almost double the DT now, the value of the Hilton is dubious, especially given that the DT has a much better pool. (If you like using the pool. The Hilton one is pretty to look at, but very cold.)
neotraveller likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Yes. Also, Gold members staying at the Doubletree get breakfast at the Hilton. With room rates almost double the DT now, the value of the Hilton is dubious, especially given that the DT has a much better pool. (If you like using the pool. The Hilton one is pretty to look at, but very cold.)
Ah okay that would explain where all those people at breakfast came from. Hilton on its own didn't look like it was as busy as it was during breakfast.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:27 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Agree, I never book the Hilton now. Just not worth it, unless you like a bath. Doubletree rooms as good, pool better yes, breakfast the same at Hilton and 2 x drinks vouchers, for 1/2 the price
ichigen likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 6:17 am

The lounge is now open again at this hotel.
kevino likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:24 pm

So how would you choose between this and the Conrad (or something else?).

I don't see a "which property in BKK" thread, but... which hotel would you recommend in BKK? I'll be there in the first week of February for 5 nights cash, not points. My conference is in the Arize Sukhumvit pretty much next to the Hilton, but I don't mind walking from the Conrad for the 2 days. The rest of the time I'll be a tourist on foot. I am a Diamond member and have had some amazing upgrades and lounge experiences at Conrads around Asia, but this will be my last trip as a Diamond member, so want to get the most out of it! I would definitely like a quiet room (no construction), lounge with food and drink and a gym if possible, and any upgrade in room is a bonus.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Morning. The Conrad to Hilton is not really walkable, it is far and will be hot. You could take the BTS. If you are not bothered about that, for sure the Conrad. Pool and gym are much much better. Hilton gym is tiny as is the pool. Lounge at Hilton is okay. Hilton rates are generally high as a lot of high end Thai's stay there. Conrad more foreign business people. Conrad offers better value by far, just my opinion.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by gav0106
Morning. The Conrad to Hilton is not really walkable, it is far and will be hot. You could take the BTS. If you are not bothered about that, for sure the Conrad. Pool and gym are much much better. Hilton gym is tiny as is the pool. Lounge at Hilton is okay. Hilton rates are generally high as a lot of high end Thai's stay there. Conrad more foreign business people. Conrad offers better value by far, just my opinion.
Thanks gav0106 . My initial thought was the Conrad, but good to hear an informed opinion. I'll be coming from proper winter in Quebec, so the 50C+ temperature difference will definitely be noticed!
Old Oct 18, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by painintheuk
Thanks gav0106 . My initial thought was the Conrad, but good to hear an informed opinion. I'll be coming from proper winter in Quebec, so the 50C+ temperature difference will definitely be noticed!
It's not only tackling the heat but also the pavements and the motor bikes. Conrad runs a shuttle up to the BTS so will be sure to arrive fresh.
painintheuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.