Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Cod - Hyannis {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Cod - Hyannis {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental OnePass, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, British Airways Executive Club
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Cod - Hyannis {US-MA}

Hi,

I was looking to use my HHonors points for a stay here but it appears there is no award availability for the next 12 months. Is that because it is such a new hotel?

Appreciate anyone's thoughts on this as it seems strange to me that it would be booked out for so long.

Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:10 pm

I had reservations there for an award stay in early August. I had to cancel it, but my point is, they were offering them. Maybe it's some kind of glitch? They certainly can't be booked solid for the next year.

Edit: Okay, I just tried it for late September, and it offered me a "Diamond only" award.

Last edited by mareh; Sep 1, 2012 at 4:16 pm
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental OnePass, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, British Airways Executive Club
Thanks - I called them. Because my account has zero balance (I am going to convert points from my airline) it won't show anything that requires more points then what I have. So issue solved!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Yes, it shows availability for people who actually have the points in their account!

You should ask the Moderator to lock this absolutely wrong-footed thread.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Well the logic doesn't make sense because if it did show me how many points required regardless of balance then it would encourage people to purchase points as an option. Enough said - feel free to lock.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by selector
Well the logic doesn't make sense because if it did show me how many points required regardless of balance then it would encourage people to purchase points as an option. Enough said - feel free to lock.
I agree, plus that wasn't the case for me a few months ago. I was able to check award availability for a GLON when I didn't have enough points.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze (and falling), HH Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Cod - Hyannis {US-MA}

I didn’t see a thread for this recently opened hotel so I thought it best to start one.

The hotel opened as a Double Tree summer 2012 and it is located in Hyannis literally across from the airport.

The room was modern, clean and comfortable. Pretty standard for the Double Tree but in good condition given how new everything is. My only complaint/observation is the lack of a tub in the bath. These are available but as best we could tell in speaking to reception you choose between either two doubles and a shower or one king and a tub. We ultimately opted for the double but the tubs in the king are the Jacuzzi kind and really are very good.

We experienced a small amount of infrequent airplane noise when using the outside pool but the planes are so small that frankly it was more of a spectacle to watch them come and go than an annoyance. There is also an indoor pool.

We didn’t eat in the restaurant for dinner but it shares space, as best as I could tell, with the bar. Overall this was a nice space complimented by a number of very nice outdoor seating areas (fire pits etc.). Breakfast was good, but standard.

From the hotel you can drive to either ferry terminal or downtown within five minutes. The location works very well for those looking to maximize time elsewhere.

Last edited by Unique name?; Oct 11, 2012 at 2:58 pm Reason: Fixing typos
Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:45 am

I was going to stay there in August, but the TA reviews weren't very good at that point. I always take those with a grain of salt, but ultimately decided to play it safe. Sounds like things have improved. Thanks for the report!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:02 pm

Does anyone know what the Hilton gold benefits are at this property. Is there a lounge, full breakfast for two, or continental.
Thx.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anyone have recent experiences with this property? Thinking about it for a quick stay in the summer...also how is diamond recognition?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by svo242
Anyone have recent experiences with this property? Thinking about it for a quick stay in the summer...also how is diamond recognition?
Being a native, a chain hotel is the last place I would want to be on Cape Cod. The locations of the DT and HI in West Yarmouth are in very commercial areas without much charm.

The roads they are located on can be parking lots during the summer.

This one of those times I would be looking in the center of villages for a good country inn. Cape Cod has dozens which are very charming and are in walking distance of beaches and other attractions.

Having grown up there, I can recommend Chatham, Harwich Port and Hyannis Port as three areas where you can find some really authentic charming Inns with great amenities and location.

In Harwich Port, the Augustus Snow is a real gem.

In Chatham downtown there are several. The Wayside Inn is dead center of Chatham downtown and has a quite a bit if history. Chatham Bars Inn has a superb location and spectacular views. Wequasset Inn claims they are in Chatham (more snob value) but is in East Harwich looking over Pleasant Bay and the Atlantic.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 11:52 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, this is FlyerTalk, and full of diverse opinions. Thanks for sharing your inn recommendations. Since this thread is about the DoubleTree...

We recently stayed on a three day award stay and the location is pretty good. Minutes from Hyannis restaurants and the JFK museum, easy access to the Cape. I’ve certainly stayed in more picturesque places on the cape, in inns, b & bs and a couple of homes where people make rooms available through their churches (West Parish and Unitarian), and the DoubleTree was what we needed this time. Yes, it is obviously targeted to tourists, but we were here to visit and enjoy family related sites (my family originally settled here in 1639); in shoulder season the property wasn’t crowded and filled the bill.

This is shoulder season, so the large restaurant serves only as a breakfast room. As Diamonds we had access to the cold and hot buffet, and for $5 you can order some items off the menu (such as the crab cake Benedict). The server staff was a bit varied, from very attentive to just there.

Food at the bar and small restaurant area was okay the time we had a light repast, and service was friendly - they offer wood-fired brick oven thin crust Napolitano style pizzas.

In fact, service was friendly throughout, with the exception of Housekeeping. Even greeting the housekeepers resulted in a dour, unwelcoming attitude, and our room was not made up one of the three days. Other guests commented on the Housekeeping staff’s dourness.

The Honors floor is actually on the ground floor in a wing where rooms face out on the parking lot or to an open space and across to the function rooms. I’d hope they update their power access points - no USB, and some were loose in accepting plugs.

The gym is a large one that also offers membership and is open to the public. There’s outdoor and indoor pools, it the indoor pool may be closed during summer in favor of the outdoor pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.