Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
I've had several pleasant stays at the LAX Doubletree. It used to be a Doubletree Club, but was extensively remodeled about two years ago. Rooms are spacious and furnishings are still pretty new, I was treated well as a Gold, the restaurant is fine for breakfast, and of course the cookies are good.

Plus, it's usually inexpensive and generally always available. It's several cuts above the LAX Hilton.
Old Jan 15, 2005, 9:21 am

Programs: HH Gold, DL Silver, AA Gold
I can't compare it to other Hilton LAX properties but I was there a few months ago and found it perfectly nice. I too was suspicious b/c of the low price, but it was fine - got a nice suite as a diamond. The shuttle took a while to pick me up at the airport, but then again that happens everywhere!
Old Jan 15, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: United 1K
I like the LAX Doubletree better than the Hilton
Old Jan 15, 2005, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I stayed here once last summer on a cheapo weekend rate (as a Diamond) and liked it. It was quite decent and convenient to where I needed to go. It isn't right in the LAX airport complex, but a couple of miles from it (which was just fine for my purposes).

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

There seem to be certain areas where hotels often have surprisingly cheap rates, and this area seems to be one of them. Often, these areas are "business park" places that are pretty deserted on weekends. Also, perhaps some airport areas have excess hotel capacity??? This place is BOTH near the airport AND in an "office park" area, so I'm thinking it suffers from a double whammy in terms of vacancy rates. (However, the weekend I was there, I think it sold out owing to some kind of special event. I was lucky in having booked it early enough to get a room and get a low rate.)
Old Jan 16, 2005, 5:14 am
cjd

I agree with all of the above. Have stayed there a couple of times and in regards to "value for money," it is very good. Was there last September for one night before flying home and as Diamond was upgraded to a small corner suite at the end of the hallway. Service at breakfast was excellent - very helpful and friendly waiters. Nice swimming pool - enjoyed the swim before breakfast. This is always my second choice in the LAX area. My (personal) order of preference for the few LAX hotels I've stayed in is:

1. Hilton Garden Inn, LAX/El Segundo
2. Doubletree LAX - also in El Segundo
3. Embassy Suites North LAX, Airport Boulevard
4. Hilton LAX, West Century Boulevard.
Old May 20, 2005, 8:11 am

Doubletree LAX

I had a great one night stay at this hotel at the end of March. Gold status got me a nice room on the top floor, 2 free drink tickets for the lounge and 2 vouchers for any breakfast off the menu in the restaurant, bottled water and a welcome letter in the room. In addition, they had free internet access in their business center. The floor I was on looked to be newly renovated, much more modern than most of the Doubletrees I have stayed at in recent years. Even though we checked in all of 2 minutes before the restaurant was to close, they cooked us up dinner (just coming back from Hawaii and starving-no restaurants in walking distance that I could find) and served it with our free drinks in the lounge. Now that is service! Great staff, free shuttle to the airport, cheap rates.

Last edited by SECKART; May 20, 2005 at 9:09 pm
Old May 20, 2005, 8:26 am

I also stayed at this hotel and was quite impressed for the price. We did a park and fly package. The bar was wonderful as was the handy business center for printing out boarding passes. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:10 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
So we all agree, a great place for the price. Many LAX area hotels are a great value. This would be my top choice for Hilton brand.
Old May 21, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Stayed there in March. Got free breakfast as Gold,also 2 drink coupons per night. Bar had a complimentary Hot entree each night, one night it was sausage and pasta, the other night I was not around at the right time ( approx 5-7PM)
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:32 pm

Stayed here is December '04. Only $58+tax a night! Had a two double bed room. Everything was clean and up to date. It was also pretty close to the airport. One of the best places I've stayed at for the $$!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Thanks, everyone :-: , for the information. "Book 'em, Danno!" OK, got it!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 1:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by tcook052
Am planning a MR to LAX with an overnight and noticed this property at a decent $69.00 USD/night but wondered the feedback from any who've stayed there. Been at the Westin LAX recently but would be open to saving a few bucks if I can. Thanks for the feedback.
When I am not at the HGI one street over, I go to the DT. Very nice property, newer rooms and decor and extremely quiet. I have stayed here both as Gold and Diamond, was upgraded to a suite as a Diamond, otherwise the treatment is about the same. Cookies and breakfast are excellent! ^ I don't have anything negative to say about this property.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
Just stayed one night 7/29/05 - found it to be a very nice and large room - very comfy bed, wonderful pillows - free shuttle to the airport was quick. Would definately recommend.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
I'll add my two cents about this property. I've stayed there a few times and each stay was issue-free. The room was nice as well as the staff. I have no qualms about staying there again.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by Donna D
Just stayed one night 7/29/05 - found it to be a very nice and large room - very comfy bed, wonderful pillows - free shuttle to the airport was quick. Would definately recommend.
This could be subjective - The surroundings are mostly office buildings, so no restaurant near by. Don't know if the shuttle will drop off and pick up at nearby restaurants. HGI shuttles will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.