Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel LAX - El Segundo {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2002, 5:27 pm

I agree with your assessment; great value near LAX.

Where did you book $62/night for the week? Did you average out each night from the total?
Mon. - Wed. are usually $129-139/night. Fri. - Sun. can be had for $49/night on quickbook.

[This message has been edited by anim8r (edited 07-18-2002).]
Old Jul 18, 2002, 5:58 pm

I'm there for a night in November for something close to that rate. Glad to hear the good report! I'm spending the night there en route to Hawaii--needed the overnight for a Saturday departure with my reward ticket.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I agree. I had 2 stays there last fall, booked on Quikbook at $45 and $65 if my memory is to be trusted. Included the DT cookies and breakfast coupons both times (as HH Gold), as well as points and miles.

I guess the rates were low because of the effects of 9/11.

Old Jul 19, 2002, 2:42 pm
alp

I was there Sun - Fri. I got the rate through the Hilton/Doubletree web site (so I got the on-line booking bonus!).
Old Oct 8, 2002, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Anybody ever use the "Park and Fly" package at this hotel? Room for one night plus 10 nights parking for $99. What is the parking like?
Old Oct 17, 2002, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Serviceable hotel, good service, upgrade to a corner room as a Gold. Breakfast coupons without asking. All for a rate of $49. Points posted in 3 days, including double points for "LAXEGDT" (?).
Old Oct 17, 2002, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cactuspete:
"LAXEGDT" (?).</font>
LAX El SeGundo Double Tree - which is offering double HHonors base points through 1/15/03

[This message has been edited by milesmilesmiles (edited 10-17-2002).]
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Doubletree Club LAX?

Anyone stay here and have any opinion on this place compared to other LAX hotels?

Am doing only an overnight here on way to HNL. Should arrive around 11 PM and depart by 8 AM next day.

Thank you.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
I always stay at the Embassy Suites LAX South in El Segundo. It's on Imperial, right at the end of the 105. It's right on the south border of the airport. Go down Imperial (about 1/4 mile), make a left on Sepulveda, go under the south runways, exit to the right to LAX). Very nice. One of the best of the Embassy breakfasts. Great hash browns. Only downside - $6.00 parking in the garage beneath the hotel.

[This message has been edited by JerseySlime (edited 08-07-2003).]
Old Aug 7, 2003, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed at the Doubletree Club LAX many times and recently. It's okay. Small lobby, rooms are kinda dated and could use a bit of spiffing up. It's nothing to write home about, and there are better HHonors affiliated hotels around the airport. But if this is the cheapest...for just an overnight layover, it's fine.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 08-07-2003).]
Old Aug 7, 2003, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I agree with PremEx. For few hours of sleep go with the cheapest. Who cares about facilities and surroundings when you check-in at midnight and check-out at 5am.
Every time I fly through LAX(about 6 times in the last 2 months) I found the LAX Hilton to be the cheapest. I'm Gold, so I did get the Executive room and lounge upgrade on some very cheap rates. Few times I was able to use the lounge in the morning and it was very satisfactory.
Old Aug 7, 2003, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Thank you all for your prompt responses!

Currently, the DT is the least expensive rate on Christmas Eve with a AAA rate of approx. $67 to the Hilton's $80 and the Renn's $85.

I have read the threads re the Hilton and also those in Epinions and TripAdvisor and know of the pros and cons of all the hotels, except this one was not mentioned in our forum!

If there is some bonus promo at the time that I plan to stay, that may sway me, but I think I will choose the DT, at least for now.

One question re the LAX Hilton. They mention their spectacular 24 hr fitness center, but I also noticed on the Hilton website that one might have to pay for the privilege!

Is use/access free to Hilton Gold members, and is there a pool?

Thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2003, 12:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:

One question re the LAX Hilton. They mention their spectacular 24 hr fitness center, but I also noticed on the Hilton website that one might have to pay for the privilege!

Is use/access free to Hilton Gold members, and is there a pool?

Thank you!
</font>
I wouldn't say the 24 Hour Fitness Center is spectacular, but it certainly beats most hotel fitness centers. The gym is down in the basement and stays VERY busy....primarily filled w/ locals.

From what I recall, I had to pay $5 or so for a day pass...since it's not a Hilton-run gym. I too am HH Gold.

Cheers,

-Steve
Old Aug 16, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles International Airport

Any feedback at this property will be appreciated.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ, HHonors, Priority Club
I like it and highly recommend it, only complain was no broadband in the rooms then, might have changed now. Was there over 7/4 and the staff there are good and efficient. I called for the shuttle from TBIT and when I got there, the check-in guy, addressed me and gave me my room key immediately, just checked my ID and that was it; at that's my 1st time there! Oh he did give me 4 cookies too.

There are quite a number of threads on LAX hotels if you do a search

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.