Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
It is a very easy walk from Terminal C to the Hilton, only about two minutes from Terminal C to E, and then across the covered walkways to the Hilton.
I wish I'd known that. Both hotel personnel and the hotel's website recommend taking the shuttle-why would they do that if walking adds only 2 minutes to a hike that's already 10 minutes or more?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:11 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I wish I'd known that. Both hotel personnel and the hotel's website recommend taking the shuttle-why would they do that if walking adds only 2 minutes to a hike that's already 10 minutes or more?
I'd say it adds 5 to 10 minutes. If I'm by myself, I'll walk from the Hilton to any of the terminals. If I'm with the wife, etc., I'll generally take the shuttle to B / C and walk to A / E.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I've wondered the same thing myself. As stc notes, it may be slightly longer than my estimate but I still prefer to walk vs. taking the shuttle. Just last week, I arrived at Terminal B and walked to the Hilton via Terminal A and it was certainly no more than 5 minutes to get B to A . . .
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:14 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Stayed here on the 14th, as we had a 6AM flight out of terminal C the next morning. Checkin line was slow (lots of FAs in front of us), and they gave us a room at the end of the hall (those are some LONG halls), but the room was quiet and comfortable, and the wakeup call was on time.

When we checked in, we had the car out front, they offered to let us leave it in the hotel lot for just $20/night. Airport proper is $24/night, but when they told us "no" to "is the space covered?", we knew that we would leave it in the garage.

4:30AM shuttle was full, we were the last two to get on (had carryon and checked bags, so walking wasn't an option). Would have been fine if we were on the next shuttle, as JetBlue lines were short, but if we were on United, we might have been nervous!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Just back from a week here. I largely booked the hotel as it was one of the lowest rates with all the conventions in town and I didn't have very high expectations as its an airport hotel.

Arrived via terminal B, followed the signs until terminal A and took the covered passageway over to the Hilton. Seemed a lot easier than calling for the shuttle, and if it wasn't raining (and COLD!) I'm sure I could have cut 50% of the time off by walking through the parking garage.

Check-in was quick. As a Diamond I was upgraded to the 10th floor executive level. As with most Hiltons, an "upgrade" is largely the same room on a higher floor. The decor was modern, the room clean and the service was good. I noticed from reading here that the lounge is closed from Friday lunch until Sunday night so I inquired about breakfast on the weekend. I was offered certs for the lobby coffee shop, I inquired about if I could pay to upgrade them to a full buffet in the restaurant and was promptly told yes and that it would be no charge. A pleasant and unexpected gesture that I give them two thumbs up for.

The Gym has some excellent equipment with treadmills that have the integrated TV. Large indoor pool and spa that was largely empty most of the time. The bathroom in the gym has a steam shower and sauna. The steam shower was in need of the TLC as grout was missing from the ceiling tiles. Both the steam shower and sauna had some recent "work" done. Whoever did the caulking really needs to watch a few episodes of This Old House. There's a great locker facility in the gym, which I though was great as you have to cross the lobby to get to it. I quickly found out that the lockers are locked, and they don't give out keys. Kinda makes me wonder why have lockers?

The outside landscaping is great. Green grass, gardens and tree's. There's walking paths and a 9-11 memorial across the street. You'd almost forget you were at the airport.

The lounge is on the 10th floor directly located over the main entrance. Great views of terminal A, planes landing, taking off, the harbor and downtown. There was always someone in the lounge so items were refreshed often. Breakfast was melons, pineapple and cheese with the regular cereal, toast etc. Not hot items. Evening canapes changed each night and there were always two. Stuff such as mini quiche etc.

I'd gladly return, the visit exceeded my expectations (granted I had aimed low). For those that were worried, despite the planes being just across the street I have to admit I rarely heard a thing.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:39 pm

Thanks for the update MtlFire. The lounge does offer great views for spotting.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Very well stated update, rings true with all my recent experiences, this is one of my favorite Hilton's and I have always experienced consistently good service.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:46 am

IBM Corp rate at Hilton Logan Airport

Has any one been to Hilton Logan airport and used the ibm corporate rate. Did they ask for an I'd
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
You left your badge or business card at home?
You should be fine.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by sfino238
Has any one been to Hilton Logan airport and used the ibm corporate rate. Did they ask for an I'd
They will now.

David
Old Feb 2, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond
Just use the MVP code: N0041604.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:21 pm

try using a rate you are eligible for instead of trying to cheat the system.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
What is MVP? Is it related to the Alaska Air FF program?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by ToneDaBass
What is MVP? Is it related to the Alaska Air FF program?
No relation -- it's a longstanding Hilton discount program that is open to anyone who knows about it, and also has a fast-track to elite status component. See this thread for more info.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:41 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Pics and short review of Hilton Boston Logan Airport (BOS).

A good hotel and decent stay as others have already posted.

Having stayed before I knew you could walk to the hotel from the terminal through covered walkways. It is about a 5 minute walk and the only part that is a bit of a pain is the hotel conference room areas which are well carpeted and therefore make pulling luggage a bit harder but nothing to stop one from doing this. There is also a free hotel shuttle bus for those with lots of baggage but I can't be bothered.

Check in area is quite big and nicely done. There is a bar area called Connolly's Publik House which was open until at least 1 AM and served small sandwiches and salads until closing.

There is also a coffee area (serving starbucks for those that care) in the lobby but this was closed in the evening when I arrived.

A restaurant is also accessed from the lobby called Berkshires which has a buffet on during weekends. It is usually busy and I always find the service quite poor but it serves the purpose.

There is an ATM as well as some public computers for email and boarding passes, etc. and some telephones in one of the hallways off from the main lobby area. I also saw the gym area which looked quite good but didn't use it.

Check in was quick and friendly and I was handed a letter that allows diamonds to eat the full buffet instead of the usual continental in the main restaurant (valid this July only) as the exec lounge is closed on the weekend for breakfast.

I had booked a standard king bed and was upgraded to an exec room floor which is on a higher floor (9 and 10 are exec floors) but otherwise no changes I can see.

The rooms are nice here and well maintained.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking and hope this is of use to others considering booking here. I would come again as it is convenient if you are flying in or out the next day.

Floorplan 10th floor by BA_pics, on Flickr

Entrance to room by BA_pics, on Flickr

room from entrance by BA_pics, on Flickr

closet by BA_pics, on Flickr

TV and desk area by BA_pics, on Flickr

bed and chaise lounge by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bed by BA_pics, on Flickr

Room safe by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sink area by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathtub and shower by BA_pics, on Flickr

View to airport from 1021 by BA_pics, on Flickr

Concrete hell around Logan by BA_pics, on Flickr

Diamonds buffet offer July 2012 by BA_pics, on Flickr

Exec lounge entrance by BA_pics, on Flickr

Exec lounge opening hours by BA_pics, on Flickr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.