Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Old Sep 18, 1999, 7:13 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

The Logan Airport Hilton is now open. It has been open for about three days. Not a bad place at all, but still a little confusion. Pool, gift shop, not open yet. Health club is very nice with more to come they say. They have a Kitty O'Sheas pub, similar to the Hilton and Towers in Chicago and it was very good. I was told by one of the bartenders that the next two months will be reasonably priced and then things will jump quickly. He said they want to make a 4-Star type property with associated costs. I must say that I would stay there again. Eveything is fresh and new. The staff was outstanding. Check-in took a little longer, looked like they were still doing some training, but after only three days that is understandable. I give this property and staff a well above average mark.
Old Sep 21, 1999, 11:00 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
Great news! I have passed this property so many times, on my way to BackBay Hilton, wishing they would hurry up and open it. Now I have a place to stay in Boston - again!

BTW, what's "reasonable"? Downtown Boston has been in a $180-$220 range for a while, BackBay is usually $179/night.
Old Sep 22, 1999, 9:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

MJ...

They were offering an introductory rate of 160.00 a night and $1.99 large drafts in "Kitty O'Sheas bar. The bartender told me these rates would last about 2 months. I was upgraded to the Concierge level, where they had some pretty good food, breakfast, evening snack at no charge. Honor bar too. The pool is not open yet but will be pretty nice. I hope you enjoy it there as much as I did.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 10:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
There is also a walk way that is now open that connects the hotel/parking garage/terminal A./Terminal E.....so you can go to the hotel without having to take a shuttle bus or go outside. The walk way in terminal A. is on the upper level, off of the hallway leading to gates 7-12. I'm not sure where the walk way ends up near/or in terminal E. on the other end. I have stayed in this hotel twice, and was upgraded to the 10th floor (concierge floor) both times. The hotel has both a web tv like and ethernet connections for using the internet with a notebook computer. They have a tv chanel that lets you listen to a variety of the BOS ATC radio frequencies. The last time I stayed, they had a turn-down service where they also brought you ice.

Old Oct 16, 2000, 1:16 pm

Boston Back bay now checking in at 210. and normally around the 300. plus range. They've completely renovated rooms (not bad) and were still working on the lobby area and front door. Its a lot smaller than the Logan one plus there is no concierge club, altho they have 4 separate floors for HHonors members.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 2:51 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
At the downtown BOS property, what types of extra amenities are provided on the HH floors?
Old Oct 16, 2000, 7:15 pm
Original Member

I stayed here about a month ago. I used a reward redemption for this stay, and was upgraded to concierge without asking, a very pleasant surprise. This is a great hotel to use as a jumpoff point for visiting the city. Take the shuttle to the subway. Call hotel for shuttle to pick you up upon return. With all the constuction going on, you need a roadmap to find most terminals. Save time by using the shuttle bus which stops at each terminal to get to the hotel. Employees at this hotel are very eager to please.
Old Oct 16, 2000, 9:09 pm

Amenities on the HH floors (downtown backbay property)... daily USA today paper and local paper on the weekends, chocolates on the pillow, evening bed turndown, coffeemaker/tea appliance,& well stocked minibar incl first-aid kit. Did'nt see the wireless web tv keyboard set up yet.
Old Nov 21, 2000, 7:57 am

Have not yet tried it, but was recently told that this hotel has a device on the shuttle bus where you can slide your credit card on the bus, and be checked in when you arrive. I'm not sure if you have to select the Zip In option for this to work or not. Also apparently the keys would be waiting either at the bell stand or at the front desk. Has anyone ever used a service like this? Do you just swipe your card, or does the the device have on screen prompting for various preferences? This hotel seems to be a real leader in terms of technology innovation. It's too bad that the Hilton web site does not list more details, e.g. the ATC radio, location of walk ways, the on bus check-in, etc. Also fyi this week (Thanksgiving) hotel is offering a $99 rate. This is quite a good rate.....a discounted rate is normally approx $135-$180. Standard rate is much more typically.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Boston/Logan Airport Hilton Question

Is there a gym at this hotel? I mean a real gym, bigger than a "guest room with a bike", like they have at Back Bay?

I thought someone had told me that this hotel had a complete fitness facility with a good size gym, steam, etc.

I'm also posting at Starwood with a similar question about the Westin.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
There is a staffed fitness facility, with indoor pool and changing rooms/showers, right off the lobby. Definitely bigger than the "guest room with a bike." I was using the pool, so I really can't remember how much equipment they had.

I really enjoyed this hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 7:50 pm

A little off topic but same hotel. If I were to walk to Terminal C from the hotel with a rollaboard, how long would it take? Directions say something about walking through the parking garage and over a skybridge. Lookng at a 8:00 a.m. flight. How early should I start out?
Old Aug 27, 2002, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, US, SPG, MR, HH
The walk to C would be about 10 minutes, through the entire length of both parts of the Central Parking garage -- it's what sits between the hotel and terminal C.

The bridge is at the end of the mezzanine floor (where the ballroom is). Before you set out, stop by the bell desk in the lobby -- take a bus if it's about to leave, or they have a GPS system that accurately tells if a courtesy bus is about to pull in.

Re: the health club: It's a very good facility. Some airport employees pay for memberships, I think. Lots of aerobic machines, which is what travelers want. Pool is nice, almost always empty in the a.m. I don't remember much about the weights, but there must be something there. What I do remember is all the hanging TVs -- so no one has to crane their neck while on the stairmaster.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 9:15 pm

Thanks for the info, gsilliman!
Old Sep 26, 2002, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Hilton Boston Logan Airport

would like to know anyone's recent experience staying at this hotel? did you get any upgrade as gold or diamond? and, is highspeed internet available? any other info/comment will be helpful!

Thanks,
Helen

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.