Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Belfast {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2003, 9:48 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Swanhunter:

There is a multi-storey car park attached to the hotel
</font>
As everywhere nowadays, you have to pay for the privelige. However, the hotel gives you a preferential rate.

Bring your ticket to the Concierge who will stamp it. Then pay in advance at the Manager's Window in the carpark and they will endorse your ticket for multiple access (come and go as you please). Price: STG£8.50 per day.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:57 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
When I stayed there last they kindly upgraded me to a suite on the top floor. The guy at check-in said they often did this for diamond members.

Parking in the multi-storey attached to the hotel is never full but it's very badly designed. The turns up the ramps are very tight. At reception they said that when they are asked to park for a guest they use two people - one to drive the car and another to guide parking to avoid a damaged car.

Finally A/C is never required in Northern Ireland - but heating is!!
Old Mar 22, 2004, 7:10 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the posts, we'll be spending a couple days here in November.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 5:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
Thanks for the posts, we'll be spending a couple days here in November.</font>
Wow! Do you always book that far in advance?
Old Mar 23, 2004, 7:31 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldCircle:
Wow! Do you always book that far in advance? </font>
Yes, generally.Your question is very common from people we know!

Wife is a school teacher so we have very rigid dates of travel, of course so do many other people, so as a result lots of concentrated demand and high fares.

Its either book early when I see a great fare/rate such as low $300's (tax included) direct airfare to Ireland for the exact times that work for us (and maximize our time) and also hotel rooms, this Hilton has an 83 GBP fully refundable rate.

Or book last minute, perhaps for less, but if I can lock in what historically has been an excellent rate/fare, I'll do it.

I'm just completing Egypt for Christmas 2004.
Then in another couple months I'll plan our spring break trip in March of 2005.

Not everything is that planned out travel wise (besides travel we really are very spontaneous people ), we are waiting for dates when neighbors of ours will be in Italy this summer, they have a villa there and our trip planning will be relatively last minute for us. Also Canadian Rockies sometime this summer I hope.

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 23, 2004, 4:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
How's the bombproofing at that hotel;0/

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Mar 24, 2004, 2:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Brendan:
How's the bombproofing at that hotel;0/
</font>
Sigh...

A useful and helpful question that. Or an attempt at humour, perhaps?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
I am currently staying at the Hilton Belfast and am enjoying my stay quite a bit. I got a rate of 75 pounds per night and consider it a pretty good value. The check-in was so quick and effiicent. I was upgraded to an exec floor room which as mentioned before is only staffed during evening drinks but not breakfast which is served in the restaurant, continental is included and it is 4 pounds to upgrade to the full breakfast. You use a code to gain entry to the lounge during other times but really only soft drinks and tea in there at other times. They are very good about keeping the glass full during the evening drinks in the lounge. The room reminds me a lot of the paddington hilton in its decoration and is good size. I havent used the restaurant but have been to to the bar quite a few times so far and it has some good food options and good service....seems to be a popular place and not your typical hotel bar. The service has been good by everybody I have encountered and I highly recommend this hotel. There is wired and wireless internet available. The wired internet is 15GBP per day (noon to noon) and you can get vouchers for BTOpenzone for 10GBP which are good for 24 hours, I did this when connecting to the wireless network.

Last edited by mcgahat; Oct 30, 2005 at 4:04 am
Old Apr 5, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: HiltonHHonors, Priority Club, American Airlines, Virgin, Starwood
Hilton Belfast - Northern Ireland

Ask nicely and you shall receive. Requested a corner suite and got. Don't forget to fill in Compliment sheet they seem to read them. Gold get Executive access and depending how you ask or who's on reception, they will also upgrade room. No bad stays yet (3 of 3).
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Goodness, it's been a long time since anyone has reported on this hotel. Thoughts? Current condition? Treatment of diamonds? Is there a better place to stay in Belfast?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:38 pm

Anyone?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Cathay Marco Polo Gold, Starwood Gold, Carllson Gold
Hi

I stayed at this property in the last couple of months. Its a lovely hotel. I am diamond and got an upgrade to exec room, not sure if it has exec lounge as I arrived late and just wanted my bed. I was also given a complimentary cooked breakfast in the dining room.
Very good and recommended.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 7:29 am

I made a stay there last year. The property is fine - and the food in the restaurant was exceptional! ^ Rooms were of a standard, but lacked any wow factor - think standard UK/Ireland Hiltons and you'll have it. Nice gym and small pool in the basement also. Did not find any reference to a lounge anywhere, but actually, didn't ask .

Location is perfect - just beside the train station and theatre and just 3 minutes from the city centre on foot..

I watch this property's prices for an occasional weekend away, but they seem a little too steep often enough for the quality of the property. Haven't tried the Templepatrick Hilton, but concensus is that it's too far away from the city to be useful.

Never been a Diamond, sorry!
Old Jun 14, 2009, 10:15 am

Does anyone know the cost of internet here? Is there a lounge, and is it comped in the lounge?

What is the cost for parking?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by mcgahat
The wired internet is 15GBP per day (noon to noon) and you can get vouchers for BTOpenzone for 10GBP which are good for 24 hours, I did this when connecting to the wireless network.
The above still stands and no freebies in the lounge. Parking is a ridiculous £18 a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.