Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Adelaide {AUS}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Happened to be in Adelaide for a night for work last week.
Booked through expedia for a good rate. Booked a deluxe plus room. (Looks like deluxe, deluxe plus, executive, are all same size rooms, 35sqm).
Checked in at 2300, friendly reception staff.
Asked for upgrade with hhonors gold - was told my room was already upgraded (which it wasn't), no matter, since it was only 1 night. But, he gave me lounge access and free internet. Score. Apparently hotel 110%....

Clean room. Bathroom had separate bath and shower. Shower door did not close properly so rainshower literally showered the whole bathroom. Not sure what the amenities were, but they looked unappealling.
Quiet hotel despite being in centre of city.

Breakfast in the lounge had sparse offerrings. Ham + smoked salmon, pastries. Muesli. Coffee machine coffee (not too bad). Friendly staff who like to chat too much and forget your coffee order one too many times.
Did not stay enough to see lunch/afternoon tea offerings.

Slow internet, wireless and wired.
Room service quick, good coffee from the bar which gets brought up.

Would gladly stay again if I needed to be in Adelaide. Probably look to get a bigger room next time, but 35sqm is fine for business purposes.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Unusual to have a poor lounge experience here, the dedicated lounge manager (can never remember her name) is usually spot-on, remembers all guests by name (even when you haven't been there for months) and can't do enough for you.

The bathrooms are a bit quirky and you're bound to soak the floor no matter what you do, like the sliding-door showers in the SYD Hilton.

Great hotel, especially for the price you usually pay. My only complaint is that the pool is rubbish, but there aren't a lot of superior options in Adelaide.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by shillard
Unusual to have a poor lounge experience here, the dedicated lounge manager (can never remember her name) is usually spot-on, remembers all guests by name (even when you haven't been there for months) and can't do enough for you.

The bathrooms are a bit quirky and you're bound to soak the floor no matter what you do, like the sliding-door showers in the SYD Hilton.

Great hotel, especially for the price you usually pay. My only complaint is that the pool is rubbish, but there aren't a lot of superior options in Adelaide.
We had a 10 night stay here earlier in March. We thoroughly enjoyed it and we would gladly go back. There was no upgrade but didn't expect it for that length of stay particularly as the hotel was full on a few nights due to Clipsal. We thought the staff was enthusiastic and friendly if not always highly skilled. We enjoyed the restaurant for breakfast and even a couple of dinners. The one issue for me was the Executive lounge. We thought the breakfast was scant and only ate there one morning. The major concern was the food in the evenings. The quality was okay but there were no sneeze hoods or encouragement to use tongs etc, with open plates everywhere. More than once we saw people using fingers to pick up food. Having had a couple of bouts of serious food poisoning over the years around the world I am very conscious of this. All up, a decent hotel and we'd return.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:34 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Property: Hilton Adelaide
Dates: Saturday, 12th April 2015
Rate: Points (50K)
Booked: King room
Received: King Suite (Corner)

Turned up in a hire car, chose concierge parking for $34 over self parking for $18. The rate was only $5 more than the closest parking spot (which would have included a 400m+ walk with 3 bags).

Given the renovations going on with the restaurant and bar, the pared down Lobby wasn't a surprise so it took no time to check-in and find out they had upgraded me to Suite. Was expecting an Exec Floor King, so happy (I suppose 13 years of stay history here helped).

Oh wow, what a room on the 18th floor (1808). Took a heap of photos, which are available). I actually found the entry into and exit from the spa bath quite concerning. When the step is wet, very dangerous. I put down towels to catch spray so exit wasn't perilous. Would have preferred normal shower in the room, but wasn't a deal breaker.

Exec Lounge was good for pre-dinner drinks & canapes (a group of FF's were all in the property for a weekend event), as well as breakfast the next morning. Check-out in the Lounge was a god-send the next morning, walked past the lines downstairs. Had the Exec Floor attandant ring Concierge to arrange my car to be ready (they like 20 mins). Was sitting there when I got downstairs.

All staff were excellent as usual. Got an email for a survey which I completed and got the obligatory reply (with personal references) from the GM's PA.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:01 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Aren't these the hideous presidential suites that are furnished from the 1980s and smell like mould?

I refused the room and demanded I be given my original junior suite that I booked.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I'd have to agree with the Junior Suite (I've had that on previous visits as an upgrade), however this was a points stay for 1 night, so I wasn't that concerned.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Aren't these the hideous presidential suites that are furnished from the 1980s and smell like mould?

I refused the room and demanded I be given my original junior suite that I booked.
I believe we were upgraded to one of these last month given your decorating description. It did not smell like mold, and we were there for one night, so we kept the room. Decorating was seriously dated, tv in the bedroom was tiny and no shower but a huge tub.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:37 pm

King Suite photos (Room 1808) can be found here and here in my posts on another FF website
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:29 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by QF WP
King Suite photos (Room 1808) can be found here and here in my posts on another FF website
Revolting!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:51 pm

I stayed here on 2nd Feb (paid booking), with a concurrent 2 night booking for 3rd & 4th Feb (as part of a Conference - so booked through Conference TA). I am currently Gold. Rate for the paid stay was AUD$268.40 (Advance Purchase). Booked a King Deluxe, received an Exec Floor King Deluxe Plus. Happy with upgrade although I do miss the corner Suites here (back when I was Platinum). Got Exec Lounge access but no welcome card in room - 2 small bottles of water replenished daily.

Exec Lounge is on 16th floor (Exec Floors are 16 to 18). Exec Lounge is fantastic for breakfast (only has limited breakfast fare and no cooked options other than boiled eggs and availability for toast), so if you want full breakfast head to the ground floor Coal Cellar & Grill (recently renamed and refurbished).

Drinks and canapes at night are the drawcard for me. The Manager, Lisa, remembered my name on the second morning and offered to brew me a pot of tea (I'd asked on the first morning). Great service and easier to check out there than downstairs.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
And good location with the free cbd tram right across the street
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:22 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Nearly 3 years since previous FT report

I stayed on Sunday night for $160.
Would have stayed longer but the nightly rate for Monday and onwards was >$300.

Parked on street for free near the Royal Adelaide Hospital and took free tram in (20 minutes from locking car to entering hotel lobby). Need to move car by 8am if you do this, although some other spots allow free parking until 9 or 10 on weekdays

Upgraded only to a regular room on the exec floor (16th). Key card needed to operate lift, lounge is open access on the 16th floor.

Nonetheless, very pleased with bed, table with 1 office-style chair, 1 cushioned chair and 1 armchair. Many lighting options around the room and bathroom. 3 sets of towels provided.

Lounge - evening offerings: fried dumplings, stir-fry vegetables, cheeses, dips and dipping veggies, various cold-cut meats. Selection of self-pour wines, beers, sodas and juices. 5 spirits available on request. Friendly and chatty host.

Breakfast - slightly limited hot buffet selection compared to Hilton Sydney/Brisbane/Perth, but a paper pad is given to each table to order egg dishes. Food was overall a bit oily and salty. Great service.

Adelaide and the surrounding areas of SA seem to be infested with flies...
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:38 pm

The flies infestation was probably due to the extreme dry spell halted by a major rain event mid to late last week. I haven't stayed there in years, since I took up day trips instead of overnights.
:D! likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Current Updates

Any current updates on this property?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Had a pleasant stay in July, breakfast in restaurant great, upgraded to Jr. Suite (standard upgrade), near market/downtown.
360guy and turtlemichael like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.