Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Stayed at the hotel twice last week and using U78 and U79 you are in the old town in less than 10 minutes. The walk to the Rhine takes about 10 minutes and is a lovely walk on a nice day to the Altstadt. Was upgraded to the 10th floor on both occasions however no lounge access although classed as Executive Floor. The breakfast was excellent and noticed wine on offer although did not try it myself. Staff are very friendly. Have no problem with the bathroom has my stay in that room is usually very short. Would certainly stay again and I notice everyone on here has different ideas on what makes a good hotel. This is one in my opinion.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:02 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by LondonElite
... inability to use the a/c as it requires the system for the whole hotel to be turned on, and just no style at all. ....
I have been in the hotel August 21 to Augst 22 and the a/c was running at this time and is usually always running. It coud be turned off at the switch at the wall opposite of the window (i.e. wall between bathroom and room) or if you open the window. If the window is not closed, the a/c is off and sometimes the window is not completely closed which caused the a/c unit not to turn on.

Service was during my last stay a bit down and far away from what I used to experience there. However, they have a number of trainees and not everything ran smoothly during my stay ....
Old Nov 18, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Something is a bit off with the hotel's pricing for next year.
From 1. of April they show a rate of 299€ every day until Midseptember.
This is an easy cancellation rate - no Advance Purchase rates, no Sale, and no cheaper rate for weekends.
I fancied a short Spargelzeit trip this spring but not for 299 € a night......
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: HH D
Had noticed this too. Was looking for a rate on Japan day (Sat, May 21) with probably the greatest fireworks in all of Europe at night along the Rhine river. In the past it would be like 77 euro. But if they don't load the right rates in time, I may end at Hotel Indigo.

Last edited by Sisosig; Nov 18, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Rates now shown as 90 euros cheapest for May 21
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:31 am

Thank you very much.
Maybe I'll get my aspargus after all.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There are many much nicer places to stay in Dusseldorf!

Last edited by LondonElite; Nov 20, 2015 at 9:46 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:54 am

Quick (and very off-topic) question:
I know the Spargelzeit officially ends 24. of June but will the restaurants actually have white asparagus as late as 11.-12. of June?

As I didn't have patience to wait for the hotel to load some normal prices for weekends, I went ahead and booked alternative trips for spring, so if I go, it can only be June.

Last edited by helosc; Nov 20, 2015 at 10:26 am
Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
There are many much nicer places to stay in Dusseldorf!
Maybe, but I like the very easy trip to/from the airport. And I like the lounge.
And I like athe cheap weekend prices.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by helosc
Quick (and very off-topic) question:
I know the Spargelzeit officially ends 24. of June but will the restaurants actually have white aspargus as late as 11.-12. of June?
Yes. The best spargel, as you may know, comes from Beelitz near Berlin and also in the Frankfurt area (Neustadt Weinstrasse). If your primary purpose is to scarf white asparagus, stick close to these areas for the best local, fresh cut product available.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:45 am

No, I don't know anything about asparagus except that I like them.
But I have noted your recommendations.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:26 am
Suspended

Ergo, if you are interested in Spargel only, may I suggest somewhere 'better'? Area around Mannheim/Heidelberg is perfect for this, and there are great hotels where you won't be subject to the vagaries of city centre pricing.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:42 am

This time, I booked the Hilton Dusseldorf.
Very cheap rate (62€) and very cheap flight there, so I'll live with the asparagus from that area. I was actually there last spring and had very good asparagus in a fish restaurant.
I like Heidelberg and wouldn't mind a re-visit, so that'll be on the calendar for spring 2017.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
While I too am also a spargel fan, I have hotel questions

Have a stay upcoming and a few questions.

1. Lounge hours? As stated in the email post from a couple years ago or different these days? hotel post
2. Airport transportation. Arriving via train so I think I'll be able to figure that out. What is going on with the airport shuttle? I'll need it late morning/early afternoon on a Sat. Running? At only 5+ KM, what does a taxi cost? (approx)
3. Walk to the along the Rhine to the Altstadt. Is it 15 or 30 min? (I 'll assume 20+). I'll walk it at least once just for the Rhine views. That being said, is there an alternate walking route that visits other "things"?
4. Good döner nearby?

Thanks

Cheers
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer
While I too am also a spargel fan, I have hotel questions

Have a stay upcoming and a few questions.

1. Lounge hours? As stated in the email post from a couple years ago or different these days? hotel post
2. Airport transportation. Arriving via train so I think I'll be able to figure that out. What is going on with the airport shuttle? I'll need it late morning/early afternoon on a Sat. Running? At only 5+ KM, what does a taxi cost? (approx)
3. Walk to the along the Rhine to the Altstadt. Is it 15 or 30 min? (I 'll assume 20+). I'll walk it at least once just for the Rhine views. That being said, is there an alternate walking route that visits other "things"?
4. Good döner nearby?

Thanks

Cheers
1) Don't remember. I think 6pm to 8-8.30 pm.

2) U-bahn (tram) to hotel : U78, U79 to Theodor-Heuss-Brucke.
These trams are also convenient to use to go to the city center.
In spring prices were : single ticket - 2.60€, day ticket - 6.60€ (these tickets are also valid for the airport).

There is a public bus 721 to the airport, leaving from a junction just behind Hilton.
It leaves from Bay 2 (bus stop 2). If you leave the hotel and go to the left across their parking lot you'll see the junction,crossing. The bus stop 2 is diagonally across.
I didn't notice an airport shuttle.

4) Don't know about Doners but there is a Vapiano very close to the hotel.
Vapiano is a sort of fast food Italian restaurant but I find the quality of the food to be good.

Enjoy Germany and the Christmas markets (I am on my way to Berlin at the moment).

Last edited by helosc; Dec 14, 2015 at 1:50 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.