Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Old Mar 4, 02, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Am going to DUS at the end of March and am thinking about staying at the Hilton there. Anybody stayed there?

Would welcome observations on hotel as well as chances of getting upgraded to the Exec Floor.
Old Mar 4, 02, 8:03 am

The Hotel is O.K., however, it's somewhat "remote". Actually you need a car or taxi if you go downtown Duesseldorf.
The only hotel I know which is downtown is Steigenberger (Breitenbacher Hof?!) at Koenigsallee.
Old Mar 4, 02, 8:55 am

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Stayed there in February. Fairly nice hotel, although you will need transport to get to the center of town (about 7-10 euros). As Diamond, I was upgraded to a nice junior suite on the top floor and was able to have a fabulous breakfast brought to my room at no charge at all. Overall I enjoyed my 1 night there.
Old Mar 4, 02, 9:35 am

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Stayed there in February, too. There is public transport in walking distance (5min walk) available.
Old Mar 25, 02, 7:01 pm

Coming: Remodeling of Duesseldorf Hilton

In a customer survey about a recent stay at the DUS Hilton I pointed out the rather stale condition of most of this hotel and my preference of other newer Hilton properties in Europe. Last week in a response letter a VP of Hilton Germany informed that the hotel is due for a major overhaul beginning this fall. I welcomed the letter because

1) Hilton Germany cared to read and reply my comments in the survey

2) the DUS Hilton will be a nicer place to stay at.
Old May 11, 02, 9:57 pm

Dusseldorf Hilton

I have just read through the last 75 days of comments, searching for information on this property...

There was one topic from Chppp..asking for feedback on this hotel.

Chppp, did you enjoy your stay, and did you get the HHonors Gold upgrade to the executive floor?

I am thinking of staying in this property next month and would appreciate comments about it.

thanks
Old May 12, 02, 6:51 am

The Hotel is outside the city. To go to the city or Altstadt, you have to take a taxi.
I have been there several times during conventions; it's more or less a business hotel for conventions etc.
Old May 12, 02, 10:22 am

Programs: FB Plt; LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
I stayed there in 02/2002. USAFAN already mentioned that it is a business hotel.
There's also a tram station within a 5min walk.

------------------
You needn't be mad to board a plane.
Old May 12, 02, 1:16 pm

Since the Hilton in Dusseldorf does not sound like a good location, can anybody suggest a better hotel to use if flying into Dusseldorf for a day..

I will not be on business, just a 24 hour stopover.

thanks
Old May 12, 02, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
Since the Hilton in Dusseldorf does not sound like a good location, can anybody suggest a better hotel to use if flying into Dusseldorf for a day..

I will not be on business, just a 24 hour stopover.

thanks
</font>
There is a Arabella Sheraton right inside the airport...not sure how good it is, however.

Greetings - Dirk
Old May 12, 02, 3:34 pm

I did not say that the hotel is bad; it's a business/convention hotel. But it is nothing wrong with this hotel. If you want to use or get HHonor points, you should stay there.
======================================
This is a good hotel - maybe a bit expensive:

The Steigenberger Parkhotel is an integral part of this charming and elegant Rhineland metropolis.

One of the best addresses in town, the hotel is located at the beginning of Düsseldorf´s famous ‚Königsallee´, affectionately known as ‚The Kö´. Here luxury and hospitality are a tradition.

Category: 5-star hotel

Steigenberger Parkhotel
Corneliusplatz 1
40213 Düsseldorf
Germany

Telephone +49/(0)2 11/13 81-0
Facsimile +49/(0)2 11/13 81-592

E-Mail: [email protected]
====================
German magazine MAX likes this one:

Orangerie am Spee'schen Palais

Bäckergasse 1
40213 Düsseldorf
Telefon: 0211/866800
Fax: 0211/8668099
http://www.hotel-orangerie-mcs.de
=====================
List from Michelin:

Steigenberger Parkhotel 1 Corneliusplatz Düsseldorf
Hilton 20 Georg-Glock-Str. Golzheim
Nikko 41 Immermannstr. Düsseldorf
Radisson SAS Hotel 5 Karl-Arnold-Platz Golzheim
Renaissance 6 Nördlicher Zubringer Mörsenbroich
Villa Viktoria 12 Blumenthalstr. Derendorf
ArabellaSheraton Airport Hotel im Flughafen Lohausen
Astron 186 Kölner Str. Oberbilk
Courtyard by Marriott 16 Am Seestern Oberkassel
Holiday Inn 10 Graf-Adolf-Platz Düsseldorf
Inn Side Residence 18a Niederkasseler Lohweg Oberkassel
Lindner Congress Hotel 17 Emanuel-Leutze-Str. Oberkassel
Lindner Hotel Airport 108 Unterrather Str. Unterrath:
Lindner Hotel Rhein Residence 20 Kaiserswerther Str. Derendorf
Mercure 38 Fritz-Vomfelde-Str. Oberkassel
Queens 3 Ludwig-Erhard-Allee Düsseldorf
Rheinhotel Vier Jahreszeiten 14 Zur Rheinfähre Langst-Kierst
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...3=on&x=45&y=12
Old May 12, 02, 3:48 pm

Posted from Bernie - he is from Duesseldorf. Go to "FlyerTalk Community" and search for Duesseldorf. They had a meeting at Duesseldorf.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Bookings at the hotels usually are very low. As I mentioned above they don't even know the rates for 2/10 - 2/12 yet at the Steigenberger.
As soon as I checked with them about some "special" I'll get back to all of you .. and if this won't work, I'll sure again recommend other places to stay. Of course even a special rate at the Steigenberger won't be a cheapy.
As long as most of you would prefer to stay at one hotel, I'm quite sure that I'd be able to get an even better deal (for some 20 rms.) on those dates as published.
The Nikko would be the next best choice - for the ideal location alone.
As soon as the Steigenberger people got back to me I'll send an email to yall with rates at both locations.
</font>
Old May 13, 02, 12:22 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
I have just read through the last 75 days of comments, searching for information on this property...
</font>
I commented on it last year, but that's in the Archives section of FT. At the time, I said:

'Hilton Dusseldorf was atrocious: minibar not working, they didn't bother to respond to room service calls, only parking option was expensive valet "service" despite having free on-street parking out front, etc.'

It's a very plain hotel suffering from poor maintenance and lousy service. One of the worst hotels (and worse value hotels) I've ever stayed at.
Old May 13, 02, 2:30 am
Suspended

Nobody-elite, make sure to check www.hrs.de for your hotel search in Düsseldorf, it is by far the biggest and best website for hotel reservations in Germany and Europe.

Beside the fact, that the Hilton is a little bit away from the "real city center" it is still a 4-5 * property.If you want HHonors points and amenities, go for it !!

Make sure to check rates for the Holiday Inn Königsallee as well, they have very good rates for the upcoming weekends.It is one of the 10 best Holiday Inns worldwide, winner of many Torchbearer Awards !!
www.weekendwebsavers.com
Old May 13, 02, 7:17 am

Programs: BA-Gld, BD Lifetime Gld, LH Pleb, *Wd GPG, HH-Dmd, Amex: can take their Cent card and <CENSORED>
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by djohannw:
There is a Arabella Sheraton right inside the airport...not sure how good it is, however.

Greetings - Dirk
</font>
Stayed at the Sheraton DUS Airport last night - very impressed. It's above the short term car-park, and is thus 5 mins walk from check-in (I like that in a transit hotel). The overall experience was very good, and well worth the Endless Weekend rate (Breakfast buffet could easily feed a large herd of Elephants).

I'm assuming (though I'm confident I'm right) that my good experience wasn't only due to my Starwood status!

Shame about the Hilton though!

Ken.

"The last time somebody said, `I find I can write much better with a word processor.', I replied, `They used to say the same thing about drugs.' -- Roy Blount, Jr.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: