Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: HH D
The lounge is currently open every night of the week, alcoholic beverages are complimentary during the hors d'euvre hours (between 6 and 8 PM if I remember well). Later, until about 11 PM, wine, beer and spirits are available at the regular Bar prices. I would say they have the best hors d'oeuvres of any Hilton I know.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:39 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The evening snack service including alcoholic beverage is until 20:30; lounge is open till 23:00

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 23, 2012 at 12:09 am Reason: corrected time
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Thumbs down Hilton Dusseldorf, not really worth it

Just spend a weekend at the Hilton Dusseldorf:

Quick review:

+ Great breakfastbuffet, lounge breakfast is closed on sunday.
+ Great workout room.

- Rooms are very small, i was staying at the 11the floor.
- Distance to citycenter is far, you cant walk.
- WIFI is slow, no good connection at the 11the floor.
- Airco was broke, no compensation.

The hotel is mainly for business people, its close to the airport.
The hotel is not really at cityhotel.

Last edited by ITravelElite; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:11 am
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cpspas

Quick review:

+ Great workout room.

Pascal Scholtius
I got an UG so room as adequate for me.

Distance isn't too bad. But yes will take awhile to walk. You can rent a bike.

Did you ask to switch rooms for broken AC?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver

Quick review:

+ Great workout room.

Pascal Scholtius
I think the workout room is pretty poor actually. Not much weightlifting stuff, and about 4-5 cardio machines. And its in the basement.

Rooms are fairly average size for Europe, I agree for the money it is nothing special, but its fine for a business hotel.
Its quite a long walk to the city centre, but the U-bahn is close by and runs regularly to the centre and runs all night too.
The lounge is very nice, especially the canape selection in the evening!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:53 am

I did not consider the room as small, but the bathroom. And the hotel is not really close to the airport, it is closer to the city centre, but the connection by public transportation are good to both airport and city Center. I have walked to the city centre along the Rhine a couple of times and it is round about 25 to 35 minutes.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 7:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I did not consider the room as small, but the bathroom. And the hotel is not really close to the airport, it is closer to the city centre, but the connection by public transportation are good to both airport and city Center. I have walked to the city centre along the Rhine a couple of times and it is round about 25 to 35 minutes.
I was there last December and I can confirm that the hotel is much too far from the city center for a walk -- but somehow, by magic, I believe it becomes easy walking distance in the spring, summer, and fall.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I'm here at the moment, and the staff seem very friendly and helpful. At 10.30am I asked if I could get the wifi code and leave a suitcase until later, but instead they did me an early checkin Coffee in the lounge is very nice, and wifi seems fast.

Getting from the airport was pretty painless, the SB51 bus from the airport drops you within sight of the hotel, and only takes 10 minutes. This trip planner will let you work out the best route. I'll try getting into town a little later, but looks like it should be fairly quick by public transport, or there were a few taxis waiting outside.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 3:59 pm

Just a small update here. Fitness room equipment has been replaced and now features high definition video screens. As reported before: just one single weightlifting machine (which now has its own dedicated instruction screen) and a lifting bench.

On a side note: very satisfied with the quality of the bakery items and appetizers served in the lounge.

Last edited by Sisosig; Mar 15, 2014 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:18 pm

Programs: SQ
Does anyone have any recent reports on upgrades as a Gold?

I'm choosing between the Hilton and the Radisson and while the Radisson looks nicer and a bit better located, it seems I'll get good benefits at the Hilton. Price is pretty much exactly the same.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 3:53 am

As a Gold you usually receive a one category upgrade. This means you have to book at least a Deluxe to receive an upgrade to an Executive Club Room. This is what I was told by staff and also what other flyertalker experienced in the hotel.

The rooms categories are

Guest Room -> Deluxex -> Exectuive.

(Not guarantee for the upgrade, though)

Club is closed on the weekend for breakfast, but open in the afternoon / evening. Evening snacks are bet. 18:00 and 20:30 and alcoholic beverage is also only served during this time.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant and free for Gold. If you receive an upgrade to the club floor, it is breakfast there only. The rooms have not much differences (Guest Room are on the lower floors, Deluxe is afair floor 7-9, Executive is floor 10-12 lounge on floor 11.

Rooms begin to show its age after the last renovation ten years ago.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:37 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Review and pics of Hilton Duesseldorf

I have always wanted to stay here when flying through the airport but it never worked out in the past for various reasons…so was chuffed to finally check it out.

Double Bed by BA_pics, on Flickr

I would come back and recommend it to others, even if it is not my favourite hotel in Germany.

Quite close to the airport, something like 8 Km I think so quick to reach if you have a rental car or take a taxi. Plenty of parking spaces as well.

I had booked two basic rooms for a colleague and I and we both received an upgrade to Exec floor rooms. ^

Desk and chair by BA_pics, on Flickr

I received a free internet voucher but my colleague did not (correctly I might add) once they knew he was paying for his room separately. Nothing wrong with this but worth a mention as quite a few points that the hotel could have gone a bit extra for a single diamond travelling with a colleague and didn't, whereas other hotels would or have. We were treated well and fairly, just not given anything extra really (except the room which I had booked under my name for him).

We both received the small bottle of wine and tray with a 'Berliner' (jam donut) and orange as well as two bottles of water free of charge in the room. ^

Diamond Welcome by BA_pics, on Flickr

My colleague was not told he could have access to the exec lounge, and this was noticeable as the member of staff that had just checked me in had explicitly mentioned it to me but kept the extra wifi code behind the desk for my colleague and also didn't elaborate on the fact that his room was on an exec floor so entitled him access to the lounge as well.

In any case, friendly but formal staff and quick service was received throughout our stay.

Wardrobe contents by BA_pics, on Flickr

I was a bit disappointed in the lounge as it is not that big and at 20:30 was dead…no drinks out and no snacks, completely cleared away and getting ready to set up for breakfast the next day. When I asked about getting a drink I was directed to the soft drink fridge which had a basic selection.

We decided to go back down to the bar in all honesty, which was a good choice, if expensive.

Minibar well stocked by BA_pics, on Flickr

Loved the ability to order a Flammkuchen and some small plates of tapas dishes along with Becks from tap. ^

The next morning we simply went down to the restaurant and were told at the entrance that we could eat for free in the Exec lounge but each of us would have to pay 10 Euro to use the restaurant. You have to sign a form agreeing to this before they let you in the restaurant.

Coffee Service by BA_pics, on Flickr

The breakfast selection was good and the cook was very friendly and happy to make some fried eggs for me. ^

I do have to say the decor of the rooms was a bit dated in comparison to the rest of the hotel (the remainder of which was quite well decorated and modern). The rooms and hotel were spotless however and I have no complaints about the quality of the furnishings or the cleanliness of the place.

Entrance from back by BA_pics, on Flickr

We did have bathrobes and slippers here (yeah!)

Wifi worked well and I didn't have any problems with speeds.

I was curious that the bathroom was VERY small for a German standard, with literally just enough room for the door to open between the sink and the tub which is unusual, not sure if all the rooms are like this or if it was just this one. A bit strange as I think this was one of the disabled access rooms due to proximity to the elevators (directly beside them) and the handles in the bath and shower…not sure a wheelchair would fit between the sink and bath though and allow enough room to rotate it to get in!

Bathroom by BA_pics, on Flickr

Anyway, a decent hotel, very clean and professional. Staff were friendly but formal and we did enjoy the time there.

I have only stayed at the Dortmund and Dresden hotels besides this one in Germany but I would say I prefer both of them to this one if I had to choose.

Anyway, some pictures to show others considering the hotel what the exec rooms will be like.

Hope this is of use and interest.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The stop of U 78 / 79 is actually either Golzheimer Platz or Theodor-Heuss-Brücke ( I take the later if coming from main station / old town and the first if going in this direction). In addition there is a bus stop Nordfriedhof very close to the hotel.
I have a potentially stupid question about the stops for the U78/U79. Looking at them on Google StreetView (what a modern marvel!) it appears as if they are one-way - as in Golzheimer Platz only services northbound U78/U79, and Theodor-Heuss-Brücke only services southbound - the stop is only on one side. I've never seen this in Germany before.

So if I've got this right, I should take:

-the U78/U79 heading from the hotel to the Altstadt/Hbf getting on at Theodor-Heuss-Brücke; and
-the U78/U79 heading from the Altstadt/Hbf to the hotel getting off at Golzheimer Platz.

Richtig oder falsch?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:41 pm

Both streets have stops in both directions. (I hope these links will work...)

Golzheimer Platz heading downtown: http://goo.gl/maps/9I1SZ
Golzheimer Platz exit for Hilton: http://goo.gl/maps/7Hx47

Theodor-Heuss-Brücke:
Both stops are visible in one picture: http://goo.gl/maps/WMCo8

Streetcar waiting on this side of the bridge: exit towards Hilton.
Streetcar on the oposite side of bridge: boarding area towards downtown destinations.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Both streets have stops in both directions. (I hope these links will work...)

Golzheimer Platz heading downtown: http://goo.gl/maps/9I1SZ
Golzheimer Platz exit for Hilton: http://goo.gl/maps/7Hx47

Theodor-Heuss-Brücke:
Both stops are visible in one picture: http://goo.gl/maps/WMCo8

Streetcar waiting on this side of the bridge: exit towards Hilton.
Streetcar on the oposite side of bridge: boarding area towards downtown destinations.
Thank you! I managed to deceive myself quite spectacularly there! Appreciated. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.