Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond Member, M&M
Thumbs down Would you pay extra for waffles at a Hilton? - If not, avoid the place.

Hi,

wanted to provide an update on what to expect given that many might want to visit Venice this summer.
The Hotel was quite empty during our stay, as Italy only reopened in early June. However, basically all lockdown measures ended during our stay when the region was classified as a white zone.
  • Check in was good, got upgraded from the booked room (lowest category, 139€/night) to a Molino Deluxe Room with View of Venice. The renovated room itself is gorgeous, with great views over Venice and with its own local charm.
  • Hilton Shuttle boat currently only runs on weekends once to twice a day, hopefully this will be ramped up with a higher occupancy.
  • The Pool was closed, even though there were no government restrictions in place. Major downside, as I guess every HH member recognizes the Molino Pool from the app. Skyline Bar only open on the weekend. Hence, we missed out on the view from the deck.
  • Executive Lounge was surprisingly open. Don't get excited about it, as they only serve wines, beer and Prosecco. Their Prosecco was nice though. Packaged sandwiches and snacks were also available, but I passed on them.
  • Breakfast was served buffet style the first morning, every other morning a la carte. This was the lowlight of the whole stay. It's okay to charge for Prosecco at breakfast, in my opinion also for premium products such as an avocado salmon toast. But charging 12 € for a waffle is ridiculous! See the menu below. Besides that the breakfast was underwhelming by Italian and by International standards. No nice Italian pastries and bad cappuccino. Obviously you need to have a lackluster offer to upsell on breakfast.... Charcuterie was nice though. Overall, breakfast service was also not the best to say the least. Slow service and multiple forgotten items while you need to serve 5 tables with 3 waiters is a no-go. Any Hampton Inn free breakfast could rival their offering.
  • Service was not great to borderline rude. One day we had moldy grapes in the Executive Lounge and pointed it out to a staff member. Their response was just "okay" - I don't expect anything more than a "sorry, will let the kitchen staff know", but whatever.
Overall stay in Venice was nice, as there were not too many tourists yet. If you stay at the Molino, be aware of potential shortcomings.
What do you think about charging for pancakes and omelette at a hotel with rates easily >200€/night?

Here is the upsell menu:
  • Omelette - 10€
  • Salmon Plate - 12€
  • Waffle banana & Nutella - 12€
  • Avocado toast with poached eggs - 12€
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
End of April Stay

Hi,

I have booked the Molino Stucky Venice for a week at the end of April. Will report during my stay

Regards

TBS
NW-A332 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I’ve stayed at this property multiple times over the last 6 years, all during pre-covid times and loved it. Always received a suite upgrade. One of the highlights was always the bountiful breakfast buffet which occupied an entire large room itself. One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in Italy, plus the table service for cappuccino was excellent. Sounds like this has been reduced during covid, shame. Complimentary for Diamonds.

The water shuttle to St Mark’s was also very convenient. Hope it gets back to normal in May for most. IMO, I would not stay here if the water shuttle is not on a normal schedule.

The executive lounge is a nice touch but certainly not worth it.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buckeye91
I’ve stayed at this property multiple times over the last 6 years, all during pre-covid times and loved it. Always received a suite upgrade. One of the highlights was always the bountiful breakfast buffet which occupied an entire large room itself. One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in Italy, plus the table service for cappuccino was excellent. Sounds like this has been reduced during covid, shame. Complimentary for Diamonds.

The water shuttle to St Mark’s was also very convenient. Hope it gets back to normal in May for most. IMO, I would not stay here if the water shuttle is not on a normal schedule.

The executive lounge is a nice touch but certainly not worth it.
Hi

I used the hotel water shuttlebus usually in the evening ( after a drink in the lounge) bu ususally used the ACTV vaporetto ( 7min walk to the stop) with a weekly travel pass ( I recon the pass saved 50%) as it was more convenient in the mornings. I I used the lounge daily in August ( as after a morning sightseeing in the warm weather, i went back to the hotel for a swim in the pool ( preboooked time slot in Aug 2020) then relaxed then it was evening snacks in the lounge then the shuttle to see Venice during the golden hour and dusk before returning. Lounge probably not worth it but given the lack of lounges in the UK at that time , I was grateful it was open and itwas good for afternoon coffee/soft drink and pre dinner snack.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I used the hotel water shuttlebus usually in the evening ( after a drink in the lounge) bu ususally used the ACTV vaporetto ( 7min walk to the stop) with a weekly travel pass ( I recon the pass saved 50%) as it was more convenient in the mornings. I I used the lounge daily in August ( as after a morning sightseeing in the warm weather, i went back to the hotel for a swim in the pool ( preboooked time slot in Aug 2020) then relaxed then it was evening snacks in the lounge then the shuttle to see Venice during the golden hour and dusk before returning. Lounge probably not worth it but given the lack of lounges in the UK at that time , I was grateful it was open and itwas good for afternoon coffee/soft drink and pre dinner snack.

Regards

TBS
I will say the executive lounge is good for a complimnentary water, coffee or a cold beer during "happy hour". I prefere a nice glass of Amarone when I'm in Vencie so I generally need to wait for the bar to open and pay for a glass.

The other thing I remember about this property is they gets a large number of tour groups. Breakfast, which I believe starts at 7 am, always had a line of people waiting for the doors to open. The staff would separate tour groups (who sat in a separate room) and the regular paying guests (they would sit in the main dining area). Because some of these groups would depart early in the am, the buffet would get quite busy at the beginning. I learned to arrive between 7:30-7:45 for less congestion.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

true. I visited in Aug 2020 so did not get to experience the large tour groups ( or the cruises or non eu citizen crowds due to the restrictions at the time.
I had not visited Venice before as I had been put off the reports of crowdsvbut took the plunge in 2020 and loved the city.
Once you leave the main touist spot it will be quieter and the evenings are nice.
in 2020 it was all table service and I went down around 0730 or so and the restaurant was very quiet. Expecting it to be busier this time.

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
We stayed here this February for 1 night and enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded from the cheapest room to a Molino room with an amazing view of Venice. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. We went to lounge during happy hour and while there was a choice of drinks, food was cold and limited to sandwiches and a few cold packaged snacks. The shuttle boat was only running 4 times a day (twice in each direction) , so we bought a ticket for the public transport and there was no surcharge for this service that we didn't use. Overall, we were pleased we spent out first night in Venice here.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent updates? (particularly to Lounge/Breakfast/Diamond Upgrade info)
Website says shuttle to Airport not operating. Is the shuttle to San Marco (or any shuttle) in operation (or is that same shuttle)?
Do they charge a "resort" fee?
fed planner likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Can anyone provide an email to the hotel?
And updates on shuttle, Lounge or general hotel operations these days?

Any recommendations for dinner recommendations with great food or interesting things to do/shops on Guidecca island? Prefer locations which locals (rather than hilton guests/tourists) frequent. My first time staying on this island although I have been to Venice previously.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Any recent updates? (particularly to Lounge/Breakfast/Diamond Upgrade info)
Website says shuttle to Airport not operating. Is the shuttle to San Marco (or any shuttle) in operation (or is that same shuttle)?
Do they charge a "resort" fee?
In February there was definitely a boat to the airport from the hilton pontoon, we saw it there and even asked where it was going, although I never took it. It is (was) a separate Hilton boat to San Marco which they charge for on your folio at check out. We were asked if we used it at reception and as we said no, the extra boat charge was not added. There is no resort fee as such.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Can anyone provide an email to the hotel?
And updates on shuttle, Lounge or general hotel operations these days?

Any recommendations for dinner recommendations with great food or interesting things to do/shops on Guidecca island? Prefer locations which locals (rather than hilton guests/tourists) frequent. My first time staying on this island although I have been to Venice previously.
Thanks in advance.

Was there several years ago, the “Hilton” shuttle to San Marco was chargeable and kind of on demand.
The “public” shuttle appeared to go pretty frequently from the next stop, which was 300m along the canal side at Giudecca Palanca, there were a few restaurants clustered around there that looked quite “local” and less touristy.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 7:52 am

Hotel emailed me 2 pdfs with details of shuttle and pickups. Couldn't figure out how to copy or insert pdf here so best to contact concierge if you would like that info. [email protected]

HILTON MOLINO STUCKY VENICE

t: +39 041 2723534 I f: +39 041 2723490

Giudecca 810 I 30133 Venice I Italy

molinostuckyhilton.it

hilton.com

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/dc0caa87-92b7-463b-9402-746565cf87a1[/img]
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
I’ve no plans to go again soon, but after my other post, I thought about the transport.

Can’t remember how or where we got them, but we got some kind of smart card that was valid for the duration of our stay, I think you specified the number of days required and it was unlimited within that period.

On some of the stops (possibly all) it was used to allow access to the pontoons, to board the boats.
I remember thinking it was strangely modern for a centuries old mode of transport.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by adobbing
I’ve no plans to go again soon, but after my other post, I thought about the transport.

Can’t remember how or where we got them, but we got some kind of smart card that was valid for the duration of our stay, I think you specified the number of days required and it was unlimited within that period.

On some of the stops (possibly all) it was used to allow access to the pontoons, to board the boats.
I remember thinking it was strangely modern for a centuries old mode of transport.
Perhaps you're thinking of the Venice Vaporetto Pass? (24 hour travel card, 48 hour, 72 hour, 7 day... issued by the city) That is probably what I will do because I have just a 48 hour stay. Travel card valid for many more vaporetto stops than hotel shuttle.

https://en.venezia.net/venice-vaporetto-tickets.html
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Perhaps you're thinking of the Venice Vaporetto Pass? (24 hour travel card, 48 hour, 72 hour, 7 day... issued by the city) That is probably what I will do because I have just a 48 hour stay. Travel card valid for many more vaporetto stops than hotel shuttle.

https://en.venezia.net/venice-vaporetto-tickets.html
Yes that’s what we got, can’t remember whether we got them at the airport on when we arrived in Venice.

We got the boat from the airport to the Hotel, but it took forever as it went around the outside of the lagoon stopping everywhere.
I think we would have been better getting a private transfer.

On the way back, we got a bus, although that journey wasn’t very exciting or interesting once you got onto the mainland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.