Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shanghai Pudong {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shanghai Pudong {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:10 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by moondog
Your top image is correct. (I checked on Baidu, which is much more robust than Google Maps in China 上海市浦东杨高南路889号).
Thx. Good to know.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here this week and I thought it was pretty decent, and for a DT, having a lounge was a big plus (if you have access). I was upgraded to a suite in tower that was the lounge side. I had breakfast in the restaurant, which others have mentioned has a pretty good spread, but the staff were not on top of cleaning up the tables and needed a bit of direction to sort out a set table.
Interestingly you could connect google over the internet, unlike the Waldorf Austoria - which I believe uses a circuit supplied by a different provider. So websites who use google hosted content were still usable.

But overall I would go so far to rate it as one of the top DT's I have stayed at (which would be in the US, Europe and Africa so far), and liked the kitschy element to it as a previous posted talked about.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Just booked for later this week. On the custom upgrade page it shows 66 yuan for internet. Does this property really charge Diamond guests for internet?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FC flyer
Just booked for later this week. On the custom upgrade page it shows 66 yuan for internet. Does this property really charge Diamond guests for internet?
No
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Stayed here last week. Good and bad. Suite upgrade was nice, although the carpet had stains and needed repair. Overall, nice room. Lounge had no spirits at night. Beer and wine and bubbly only. Good breakfast, food only so so at night. really nothing during the day. Closes at 8 after happy hour, which I find really early. There is nothing near the hotel unless you have business nearby. Good subway access tho. The weekday morning street food is amazing, and there is a great big local grocery store a few blocks away. Overall, not bad stay, but would not return unless I had business nearby.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've stayed here for work periodically over last two years. The rooms are nice in the newer wing, but bland and sorta generic to me. I actually prefer the older wing that has more Asian style flare to it and don't look like the bland rooms Doubletree has come to have as standard. Staff are all nice.

However I've taken to staying at the Hilton Hongqaio instead. IMO, much nicer rooms, much more to the hotel, and much better restaurant/breakfast. Also it's closer to SHA which I prefer to use when possible.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays? I'll be there in 3 days and have already been upgraded to a deluxe suite. I'm assuming these rooms are in the unrenovated wing? Is it still the case where there's only beer and wine in the lounge?

Any recommendations for food nearby? From what I've read during the week it will be full of food carts for people on their way to work.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:15 am

Just a FYI the executive lounge is closed for a few weeks and they are using the restaurant for now. A decent spread for food but as mentioned only beer wine and bubbly.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Just a FYI the executive lounge is closed for a few weeks and they are using the restaurant for now. A decent spread for food but as mentioned only beer wine and bubbly.
I will be there next week, my first time at this property.. any tips?
Last time I was in Shanghai I stayed at the Jing An Hilton which is no more.

We pan to take maglev from the airport and then metro.

Have been thinking if I should stay here or at the Hilton Hongqiao..

Is the exec lounge open yet?

Globalist
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you actually want to enjoy shanghai, this is a bad choice.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:11 am

It wasn't that bad for us. It's a bit out of the way but we were still able to get around fairly easily. I'm not sure if the lounge has reopened yet or not. I can't comment on the Hilton but the Doubletree suited us just fine.
Globalist likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by moondog
If you actually want to enjoy shanghai, this is a bad choice.
Ok, then besides the Waldorf which is twice the price, what other Hilton property is better and why?

Globalist
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globalist
Ok, then besides the Waldorf which is twice the price, what other Hilton property is better and why?

Globalist
Honestly, there are no longer any good Hiltons location wise.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Cathay Marco Polo, AF/KLM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, others
Any recent stays? And what about upgrades for HH Dia these days? They seem to have renovated the lounge in 2019.
I know the area is not great for tourist activities (I lived in Shanghai for a couple of years), but I have to be in the area. So I'm mostly interested in the service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.