Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 10:07 am

any updates on this place? was debating this place or the Palm Desert location.
Old May 10, 2016, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by dascc
any updates on this place? was debating this place or the Palm Desert location.
Pretty standard ES...as is Palm Desert. There is nothing special about either location, so it really comes down to location...if you want to be a bit closer (though still a schlep) to Palm Springs, then PD would be better.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH D
Just stayed here, booked a low rate ($84), was upgraded to a huge first floor balcony suite that overlooks the pool. Great room, great view, both sitting room and bedroom face the iron colored rocks of La Quinta and the pool area with its lovely view of palm trees and flowering shrubs. No traffic noise at all.

My best Embassy Suites stay ever. It is currently under maintenance, during my stay the bar and restaurant were closed at night. The Fitness area will be upgraded next month, though I noticed very current Precor equipment inside. They also have a game room (pool table etc) and a library. No resort fee as compared to the additional $30 the W=A is charging for parking and internet. Pool area was maintained very well. With outside temperatures near 110 degrees, even the hottub would cool you down.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Sisosig
Just stayed here, booked a low rate ($84), was upgraded to a huge first floor balcony suite that overlooks the pool. Great room, great view, both sitting room and bedroom face the iron colored rocks of La Quinta and the pool area with its lovely view of palm trees and flowering shrubs. No traffic noise at all.

My best Embassy Suites stay ever. It is currently under maintenance, during my stay the bar and restaurant were closed at night. The Fitness area will be upgraded next month, though I noticed very current Precor equipment inside. They also have a game room (pool table etc) and a library. No resort fee as compared to the additional $30 the W=A is charging for parking and internet. Pool area was maintained very well. With outside temperatures near 110 degrees, even the hottub would cool you down.

I 2nd that.... stayed here last week one night before checking into the W=A. I got in for $94, I saw it drop to the $84 rate but it was past the cutoff to cancel and re-book. I've been in ES at more than double this rate that weren't NEARLY as nice as this one.

Last edited by dascc; Jun 28, 2016 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:25 am

I have stayed in both these Embassy Suites...La Quinta and Palm Desert.

No comparison...La Quinta far superior.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:36 pm

Palm Desert has been completely renovated. Rooms there much nicer and brighter than La Quinta now, IMO.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:52 pm

Good to hear about renovation...might give it another try.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Sisosig
Just stayed here, booked a low rate ($84)
Not so much demand for hotels in the desert when the temperatures are consistently around 110
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not so much demand for hotels in the desert when the temperatures are consistently around 110
Yes I know, I was staying on the MVP rate. When I showed my phoney USGA membership, they asked if I needed a golfball cooler.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 12:44 pm

Embassy suites. La Quinta

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in La Quinta a significant number of times in the past ten years. However, I have not been there in the past three years. I always thought it was a great place to stay.

My niece is thinking of going to Palm Springs with her family for several days in November. I was going to recommend this Embassy Suites, but I see a number of horrid reviews in the past several months. She is going with her husband and two children .. ages 8 and 10.

i dont want to recommend if it is as bad as the recent reviews. Anyone been there recently?
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
We had a good stay there early December. Clean and large rooms. Good breakfast and free parking. It was our base hotel for exploring Joshua Tree national park and it worked out well. Mind you nobody cared about COVID. It was just us, the staff, and an Asian couple that we spotted with masks. This was pre-Omicron surge though. Good value for money imo and we'll be back if we need to be in this location post pandemic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.