Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfer of Continental OnePass Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer of Continental OnePass Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 1999, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Continental told me 90 days for conversion of
miles into hhonors pints. Hhonors' rules
say allow 30 days. I only allowed 30 days for
conversion and then a little time for redemption
of points to award. What's the deal?
Old Apr 16, 1999, 12:21 pm

chauming:

I was also told my transfer could take up to 90 days. I have enough time before I need the miles that this is not a problem for me. The only reason that I am not in the same bind that you are is that someone posted a message about 4 or 5 weeks ago to this forum or the Continental forum about this unbelievable delay. You should probably complain to the Hhonors service center. Maybe they could issue your award in advance of receiving the miles. Good Luck.
Old Apr 16, 1999, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

But is it taking more than 30 days? Right now
it hasn't been 30 days yet.
Old Apr 17, 1999, 4:52 pm

Check this Continental topic for related posts:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/000200.html
Old May 12, 1999, 10:18 am

I just had my Onepass miles show up at Hilton 45 days after requesting the transfer. Better than the 90 days promised by Continental, but worse than the 30 days indicated in the HHonors rules.
Old May 23, 2000, 12:06 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Looooong time CO miles->HHonors points

At the beginning of May I called Continental Airlines and transferred 20k miles to Hilton Honors points (20k CO miles = 40k Hilton honors points). The folks there warned me that it takes about three months for the miles to be converted and post. Anyone know why it takes so long? And does it take that long for all airline points to be converted?
Old May 23, 2000, 12:51 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
No, it does not take that long for *all* airlines to convert ... but CO does take about that long ... pretty bad

DL and AA are much faster and UA and CO are sloooow.
Old May 23, 2000, 2:11 pm

TL...my last transfer from CO-HH took 94 days, after making 2 calls.

TW miles, which were transferred the same day, took 11 days.
Old May 23, 2000, 7:47 pm
Original Member

Same thing for me. Took about 3 months to post, but only until I got the Hilton people involved. After I contacted Hilton, I received an email and my points the following day. Pretty poor service on Continentals part. On the other hand, United had my points posted within 7 days after transfer.
Old Aug 3, 2000, 12:27 pm

Location: Madison, WI, USA; NW Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
Point Transfer from Continental Airline

On April 29 I called the Continental Airlines One-Pass center and requested that they transfer 20,000 miles to Hilton where it should become 40,000 Hilton Honors points. The points were deducted from my account on April 30.

Since the points are gone from my CO account and had not yet showed up in my HHonors account more than 90 days later, I decided yesterday to try out the Hilton Honors Service Center. They answered my call on the second ring and were quite friendly and polite. After verifying that the points had not been credited to my account, the customer service rep (yes, I know I broke one of the cardinal rules; I lost her name) said that she would pass the problem on to the airline liaison with a request to expedite the process.

Although I believe the problem to be on the CO side, I'll be really interested to see how long it takes for Hilton to resolve this. In these days of computerized systems you would think that it wouldn't be such a big deal to transfer a few points!!!
Old Aug 3, 2000, 12:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
We had this problem UA/HH. It turned out UA have copied our HH account # wrong! Might check that.
Old Aug 3, 2000, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Alas, this is a common problem:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000159.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/000200.html
Old Aug 18, 2000, 12:41 pm

Well, it's more than two weeks later and still nothing. I just called the Hilton Customer Service Center; they said they would try to have an answer by next Tuesday. But this time I got the agent's name - Sabrina!!!
Old Aug 18, 2000, 8:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
In my experience with this problem, it is not Hilton. It is more than likely, CO.

Call the CO OnePass Service Center and ask them to transfer you to the Dpeartment that handles the Hilton Exchanges. When I finally (After 100+ Days) contacted this department, my transfer went through that day.
Old Aug 19, 2000, 12:58 am

Thanks for the suggestion = I'll try calling OnePass on Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.