Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2001, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The trip was great, the LAX night only being a small part of the entire picture.

The hotel is pretty much a standard Hilton, I didnt get an upgrade (didt request it, didnt really need it), but I did get access to the Executive Floor and complimentary bfast that is offered there. My room was on an 'HHonors Floor' - whatever that means. I did have a nice view of the runway, although it does get a little noisy when some of the older courier company planes depart. Overall, I think this hotel does the job of an overnight place of abode close to the airport very well.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:12 am

Hilton LAX - thoughts & tips?

Planning to stay at the Hilton LAX over the weekend of 11/15-11/17 ... looking for suggestions on best way to get upgraded room for a HHonors Gold, if the lounge will be open, getting free breakfast, etc.

How is the facility?

Thanks

------------------
On the road, In the air,
I enjoy travel, From here to there.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
The Hilton LAX has nice rooms.

And for the record, so does the Hilton Garden Inn in El Segundo.

Dan

edited to say that I'm Gold. Maybe I got a better room.

[This message has been edited by dhammer53 (edited 09-30-2002).]
Old Sep 30, 2002, 1:30 pm

I differ on the Hilton LAX opinion. I stayed there one day earlier this year. The room I had did not even compare to a Comfort Inn. The furniture looked fifty years old and was the old laminate and rusty metal type. The room was cramped and of the budget hotel style. Unless they were p***ed at me, I don't know why I got a room this bad. I don't recommend this hotel at all.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 1:32 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Try the Embassy Suites on the south side of the airport in El Segundo. I recommend it highly.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Another thing to consider, if you have a car, the HGI has free parking, I believe the ES LAX is free parking, however the ES LAX North next to the 4pts and Renaissance and the Hilton LAX both charge for parking, those differences right there could more than pay for your breakfast. All have shuttles to/from LAX so take that into consideration too.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
We stayed there one night last February coming back from Hawaii. It was a Friday night, so you wouldn't think that they would be that busy. Anyways, they gave us a small and somewhat tired room on an upper floor. I'm gold - no room upgrade this time. The bathroom was one of the smallest I have ever seen. We did get to visit the executive lounge which was nice. After reading many posts, it sounds like guests have a mixed experience at this hotel. I'm going to give the Hilton Garden Inn a try the next time.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
We stayed there last March. Small room, no Gold upgrade and no lounge access - didn't complain as we were on a breakfast-included rate. Breakfast in main restaurant was very good. Only other negative was their complaint about my wife and daughter "camping out" at the front entrance with our luggage while waiting for me to pick up our rental car. It took a little longer than expected, but I was really surprised by the comment.

It was almost half the price of the nearby HGI for the same night, hence the reason for staying there.

[This message has been edited by yyzflyer (edited 09-30-2002).]
Old Sep 30, 2002, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a Gold, I've stayed in both a Standard room here and been upgraded to an Executive Level room, as well.

There is a world of difference. The Standard room was dissapointing while the Executive Floor room was pretty nice.

The Lounge is nice. Nothing to write home about, but nice.

If you do stay here, I would definately call the hotel directly the morning of your arrival to see if they will block you an Executive Floor Room.
Old Sep 30, 2002, 10:25 pm

Never stayed there...because the

Hilton Garden Inn, in El Segundo
and the
Embassy Suites LAX South

are both really great
Old Oct 1, 2002, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry the LAX Hilton rooms are crappy, the AM lounge food is ok but the PM lounge food is always greasy and poor. The drinks are overpriced.

I really like the much nicer-n-newer LAX HGI. Free broadband internet access too as well as far more and better TV choices. Often cheaper too.

MisterNice
Old Oct 2, 2002, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MisterNice:
Sorry the LAX Hilton rooms are crappy, the AM lounge food is ok but the PM lounge food is always greasy and poor. The drinks are overpriced.

I really like the much nicer-n-newer LAX HGI. Free broadband internet access too as well as far more and better TV choices. Often cheaper too.

MisterNice
</font>
Agree with your analysis, although I've never made it into the lounge. However on my last trip to LAX the Hilton was $80 including breakfast and the HGI was $153. It seemed like it should be the other way around, but in any event couldn't justify the difference.

[This message has been edited by yyzflyer (edited 10-02-2002).]
Old Oct 3, 2002, 9:37 am

Not only are the people @ at the Hilton Garden Inn LAX\El Segundo nice but the rooms are new and there are High speed Internet lines. I never stay at the LAX Airport Hilton. They are one of the rudest Hiltons that I have ever stayed at. I used to stay there every month.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 9:47 am

Another vote for the HGI/El Segundo.

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Oct 3, 2002, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
The LAX Hilton was horrible as of 1999. I would never dream of staying there again. Also, I recall that the staff was really rude too. Getting the car in and out of the parking garage was a pain in the butt too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.