FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129601-hilton-los-angeles-airport-us-ca.html)

jongar Feb 7, 2001 8:54 am

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

I have to work in Culver City, first week in March, the nearest Hilton appears to be LAX. 2 things, the rates - ie $123 say floors 3-14 does this mean even a Plat (i will be by then) wont get an upgrade to towers ? Also whats it like for access to the LA, for in the evening. ??

Comments please..

jongar Feb 7, 2001 11:40 am

This is why i love this board. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

MisterNice Feb 7, 2001 1:08 pm

I just spent a few days there. The LAX Hilton lounge is on the 16th floor and you need key access. On various stays as a Diamond I received 100% lounge assess (4/4) and had rooms on floors 15 and 16. Rooms are quieter away from the runways. The bar guy (Smiley) pours the fullest glass-o-wine in the city.

The 5-7 PM Happy Hour food time consists of very disappointing warm gooey wonder-bread/american-cheese/thin-ham sammishes and glued-together gooey greasy KFC style chicken legs....... Hilton should really be embarrassed by this, and fortunately a cheese/cracker/veggie platter. Breakfast is actually quite good with great fruit selection, breads etc.

The LAX Doubletree aint bad, and I think the LAX HGI is the best deal around (free parking too). Advise if you need further info on any of these.

MisterNice

newself Feb 7, 2001 9:39 pm

I work close to the Carson Hilton and sometimes lunch there also. It is about 20 miles south from LAX. Traffic can sometimes be a problem on the 405 depending on the time of day and the direction.

Dudemon Feb 7, 2001 11:13 pm

They're doing plumbing work in there right now so I hope you like cold showers. It was something I didn't expect.

I'm schedualed to be back there for a week at the end of Feb and they (the Concierge) assured me the work would be done.

The hotel looks and feels older, but it's exceptable IMO. I stayed a places that said they were better but were far worse. (3 Stars-max)

There are no good restuarants nearbye so you'll need a car.

UK Stages Feb 7, 2001 11:25 pm

i like the LAX hilton; good lounge (although the food can be lacking, as noted above). the torrance hilton is near to LAX with fairly easy 405 access. it's a good mid-range property, but with fairly frequent hhonors points reporting problems (your points are coded and submitted by hand... their computer system is not online with hhonors!)

i like the beverly hills hilton and have always found it in top notch condition, with consisitent hhonors elite recognition and upgrades. if there's a special event at the hotel, like an awards show or a TV taping, you'll see celebrities... but it's impossible to get in or out of the hotel because of all the traffic.

i agree with mister nice about the LAX garden inn: it's a good choice, but i didn't care for the LAX doubletree at all ...

see my mini trip report on garden inn and doubletree: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000853.html

[This message has been edited by UK Stages (edited 02-07-2001).]

freeupgrade Feb 25, 2001 3:50 pm

Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Has anyone stayed there recently as a GOLD VIP?

If so, were you upgraded to Towers Level, or at least given access?

How are the rooms, food, amenities?

Thanks.

SanDiego1K Feb 25, 2001 8:29 pm

You'll be able to find a good discussion about the LAX Hilton on this recent thread:
www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001163.html

Dudemon Feb 25, 2001 11:29 pm

freeupgrade,

Yes and Yes

GYK Feb 26, 2001 8:21 am

Just stayed 2 nights ago. I got to stay at the HH Floor (14th), but not sure if that was considered an upgrade (tho, they said it was). I seemed like a normal room to me , except they had bottled water for free.

The check in process was awful. Long lines, problems...be sure to use the HH check zip check-in line. It's a bit of a zoo - I saw 2 couples in leopard skin togas - but then again, if you like that type of thing...

But then again, it was only $95 bucks, and I finished my Conquest Bonus, and it was very convenient to the airport.

freeupgrade Feb 26, 2001 5:34 pm

Thanks all for the comments - I sincerely appreciate everyone's time.

777 global mile hound Feb 27, 2001 9:22 pm

Outstanding hotel one of the very best in Lax
The rooms are really nice and a fairly recent rennovation has this property looking fine.My only complaint was weak shower pressure.And no mini bars This drives me crazy.Would like to stay more then one night but this stops me.The room could be a little better sound proofed also.Diamonds check in on the Concierge Floor privately.Do not know what the deal is for Golds.Even though the health club is independently owned the Hilton Lax still comps its Diamond members Will try to stay there from now on.The concierge lounge which was complimentary is even worth paying for.Attractive and they do a reasonably nice job with the spread.Agree with some of the other posts quality could still stand to improve in the evening as well as the morning pastry/muffins.Make no mistake every Starwood and most other properties in Lax could take some serious pointers from Hilton Lax . This property really is making an effort to please.Another reason to return complimentary 800 calls unlike those hotels now that try and take advantage of their loyal clients Way to go Hilton!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
AA & Starwood Platinum
Diamond Hyatt, Hilton Gold
U/A Premier Exec

[This message has been edited by 777 global mile hound (edited 02-27-2001).]

freeupgrade Apr 11, 2001 5:45 pm

LAX AIRPORT HILTON EVALUATION - URGENT

hELLO.

Eugene Apr 11, 2001 6:14 pm

Deja vu? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif

Also, see this thread and perhaps this one for the Hilton El Segundo/LAX.

tmorse6570 Apr 11, 2001 6:51 pm

delete