Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Los Angeles Airport {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2001, 10:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
LAX Hilton and Hotwire?

I know that Hilton says that Hotwire stays don't get hhonors points or count as a stay, but I also know that this depends on the hotel. Has anyone stayed at this Hilton on a hotwire or priceline bid and had it count as a stay? I need it for the 50,000 promo.
Old May 24, 2001, 6:41 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I think the Hilton chain is very good about making sure such non-point earning rates don't get credited and certainly would not count on such a stay receiving credit ...
Old May 27, 2001, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
LAX Hilton $70!

I just booked a room at the LAX Hilton for $70. This rate is available online or by telephone. All you have to do is guarantee and pay for it. If you don't like that, the next rate is $88, which CAN be cancelled.

Dan
Old May 27, 2001, 7:10 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Wow, I got the $88 rate and thought I was doing great. I love the prepay option, but I have never seen it on the website.

The $70 rate is available online?

Do you know if the $70rate qualifies for HHonors points?
Old May 27, 2001, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I got the $70 rate online.

I'm not sure about the other question.

Dan
Old May 27, 2001, 8:19 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
One other question,

was your stay on a weekend?

Old May 28, 2001, 1:39 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

The $70 rate is eligible for points, it is a "Value Rate" which is about the same as all the other rates except that you have to pay a 1 night non refundable deposit. I believe all rates which you book on Hilton's website are eligible for HH points.
Old May 28, 2001, 10:54 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
If you book 21 days in advance, the LAX Hilton has an even better rate...$61.60 (30% off the $88 standard rate) This is the "saver-rate", and although it is supposed to be on the website, I have not seen it there, so you have to call and ask for it. It is also non refundable.

Also, if you want a refundable rate, using a AAA discount gets you a $79 refundable rate.
Old May 28, 2001, 10:58 am

Originally posted by Empress:
The $70 rate is eligible for points, it is a "Value Rate" which is about the same as all the other rates except that you have to pay a 1 night non refundable deposit. I believe all rates which you book on Hilton's website are eligible for HH points.
You are correct.

As I travel primarily for leisure, most of my stays are Value rate stays.

Always get my points & miles.

Old May 28, 2001, 1:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Does the website mention the famous $3 energy surcharge?
Old Jun 7, 2001, 3:11 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Hilton Los Angeles Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

If you are on a priceline or hotwire reservation, you may end up with a small room with only a twin (that's right--a small bed). Granted I paid a portion of rack rate, but with other Hiltons I booked through priceline & hotwire, my room was decent & good size with a king bed (or 2 beds if I wanted that). I stayed 1 night last month & last night at this hotel. To make things worse, I had lots of airport noise & street noise. Needless to say, I complained after it happened the 2nd. time--I try not to complain too much. The hotel gave me a 50% off (rack rate subject to availablity) cert. & waived the energy surcharge.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 3:13 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
LA Airport Hilton--Beware of small room with twin bed

If you are on a priceline or hotwire reservation, you may end up with a small room with only a twin (that's right--a small bed). Granted I paid a portion of rack rate, but with other Hiltons I booked through priceline & hotwire, my room was decent & good size with a king bed (or 2 beds if I wanted that). I stayed 1 night last month & last night at this hotel. To make things worse, I had lots of airport noise & street noise. Needless to say, I complained after it happened the 2nd. time--I try not to complain too much. The hotel gave me a 50% off (rack rate subject to availablity) cert. & waived the energy surcharge. I rather stay at the Hilton Garden Inn that priceline rates a 2.5* instead of this Hilton priceline rates a 3*. My suggestion is to ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel.

P.S. At least my room was non smoking which was good.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info. Honestly I hope they dont give we non-Priceline travelers (ie me) those small bed rooms. I dont do Priceline and when I make a reservation via the Hilton 800 # or web site, I get to choose my bedding and usually get it on arrival. I do not know what P/L offers or guarantees. It appears the LAX Hilton was very kind to you.

The bottom line appears to be "you get what you pay for". Somewhat ok by me.

MisterNice
Old Jun 7, 2001, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
I'm not a Priceline user, but I did see this in their terms:

Rooms reserved through priceline are guaranteed to accommodate up to 2 adults comfortably. This includes rooms that have 1 double, 1 king, 1 queen, 2 doubles, 2 twins, etc. If you require a specific bed type, please contact your hotel directly. All bedding requests are based on hotel availability and are at the discretion of the hotel. A nominal fee may be incurred and is the responsibility of the customer.

Old Jun 7, 2001, 10:25 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Do you mean two twins, or only one twin bed, period. I know that all priceline rooms are guaranteed for double occupancy... so you may not have gotten entirely what was paid for, even if it was at a discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.