Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2001, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Arrow Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

We chose to stay at this Hilton because it has a VIP award of only 100,000 points for 6 nights (the only one at this point level in NYC) and it has a pool with health club. We were visiting for a combination family get together and 50th birthday celebration for my husband. I wrote to the general manager prior to our stay explaining the special occasion of our visit (and pointing out my gold status) for this award stay and was not disappointed. We were given a Jr. suite with a seperate living room with pullout sofa (perfect for our daughter), 6 breakfast coupons in lieu of executive floor use, since they do not have one at this hotel and a bottle of chilled champagne with a card wishing my husband happy 50th birthday. Our suite was on the 43rd floor and we had a great view of the harbor and Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center right across the street. Although not as convenient to midtown we did have access to no fewer than 6 subway lines right outside our door or across the street. We were most pleased with our accomodations and would recomend this 8 year young property in NY. Only one complaint, the automated mini bar made it impossible for us to store any food in our room unless we wanted to keep refilling the ice bucket
Old Feb 23, 2001, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
vindesante,

Thanks for letting the cat out of the bag.

Just kidding. I'm a big, BIG fan of this property. I've been upgraded there more often than not, usually to a junior suite with a spectacular view. As you said there are no fewer than half a dozen subway lines within a NY block of the place. I've never thought of its location as an inconvenience; actually, I prefer it over midtown. Better rooms and much less bustle at night.
Old Feb 23, 2001, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I agree. I just stayed at the Hilton NY last weekend. The lounge was SRO for breakfast and the room, despite being on the 39th floor and a recent renovation, was just OK. I'll stick to the Millenium next time, tho I'm afraid with all this good pub, those great frequent weekend rates may soon become a thing of the past.
Old Feb 26, 2001, 2:23 pm

I stayed at the Millenium Hilton for my wedding night...it was a beautiful hotel.

When checking in we told the desk agent that it was our wedding night and we got upgraded to a towers room free.

Although a bit small, the room was spectacular, with a great view of downtown...perhaps one of the best rooms I've stayed in. I highly suggest this hilton for anyone who is staying downtown.

------------------
www.denycontinentalthefreddie.com
Old Feb 26, 2001, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
We stayed there on an award over Thanksgiving weekend and were also impressed with how we were treated (2 HH Golds). The only difference was we were given a junior suite with a view of uptown.
Old May 20, 2001, 8:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
Millenium Hilton NYC - DECEPTION

Just spent three free nites at this hotel, where I have been staying a couple of times before... Used to get junior suites and/or higher floors upgrades as a Diamond.
This time, was put into a regular room on the 37th floor. No anemities, just ONE continental breakfast coupon per day (we were two!).
Very disappointed...
Old May 20, 2001, 10:03 am

You got a free room on the 37th floor of a nice hotel in a great city, plus (one) breakfast...I agree that you should have had two breakfast coupons, but I hope you didn't let that spoil your visit to New York!

[This message has been edited by ClassicalGal (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old May 20, 2001, 10:29 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by Sylvest941:
Just spent three free nites at this hotel, where I have been staying a couple of times before... Used to get junior suites and/or higher floors upgrades as a Diamond.
This time, was put into a regular room on the 37th floor. No anemities, just ONE continental breakfast coupon per day (we were two!).
Very disappointed...
They had no exec lounge that you could visit and thereby get breakfast for 2 gratis?

Second, although the Hilton Int'l properties DO NOT GUARANTEE YOU BREAKFAST (read the fine print of the offer and see how it differs from that of the US hotels) I think that you are guaranteed both an upgrade to a Towers level room (space availalbe), as well as the breakfast, although, they could be chintzy and give it only for one, UNLESS YOU ARE BOTH HHONORS GOLD OR ABOVE!! Given that most who cruise this board, should at the very least be GOLD, then they would have no rationale why they are not giving the other member of your party the coupon, as well.

Please explain further, mon ami!

Old May 20, 2001, 6:56 pm

I am currently writing from a 24th floor Junior Suite at the Millenium Hilton. Not bad for a 129$ rate!. I got one coupon for breakfest, but I'm only one here this time so it doesn't bother me. Last night they were fully booked so it might be the reason for a no-upgrade situation. When I arrived at 6AM from a 12-hour TLV-EWR flight they didn't have a room for me.

Old May 21, 2001, 10:07 am

I can understand the disappointment, but where was the deception?
Old May 21, 2001, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, RC PLT, SPG PLT
Arrow Millenium Hilton {US-NY}

I will be spending two nights at this property. Has anyone had a recent stay there and if so, what did you think?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 25, 2001, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
Isn't this the one that used to be the Vista and was bombed in the World Trade Center mess?

------------------
AS MVP Gold, UA PremEx, HHonors Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Old May 25, 2001, 8:18 pm

Isn't this the one that used to be the Vista and was bombed in the World Trade Center mess?
No. It is not.
Old May 25, 2001, 9:31 pm

The Millenium is across the street from the WTC.
Old May 25, 2001, 10:01 pm

I stayed there earlier this month for 105$ on a weekend. With this price, I could not complain. They gave me a fairly large room, not a suit or anything like that. But it was very fine. They also gave me a breakfast coupon because I am a Gold member, they said. I did not use it as I left too early for it, so I don't know what they served for breakfast. I will definitely stay there again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.