FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS
Old Feb 23, 2001, 9:10 am
vindesante

Arrow Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

We chose to stay at this Hilton because it has a VIP award of only 100,000 points for 6 nights (the only one at this point level in NYC) and it has a pool with health club. We were visiting for a combination family get together and 50th birthday celebration for my husband. I wrote to the general manager prior to our stay explaining the special occasion of our visit (and pointing out my gold status) for this award stay and was not disappointed. We were given a Jr. suite with a seperate living room with pullout sofa (perfect for our daughter), 6 breakfast coupons in lieu of executive floor use, since they do not have one at this hotel and a bottle of chilled champagne with a card wishing my husband happy 50th birthday. Our suite was on the 43rd floor and we had a great view of the harbor and Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center right across the street. Although not as convenient to midtown we did have access to no fewer than 6 subway lines right outside our door or across the street. We were most pleased with our accomodations and would recomend this 8 year young property in NY. Only one complaint, the automated mini bar made it impossible for us to store any food in our room unless we wanted to keep refilling the ice bucket