Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dubai Creek {ARE} (no longer Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:43 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just wondering how accommodating is this hotel with late-check out and the possibility of using the lounge/facilities after checking out?
I am considering this property for early next year as I have a late (or rather early morning) flight. So was planning to hang around here before heading out to the airport.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:20 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just wondering how accommodating is this hotel with late-check out and the possibility of using the lounge/facilities after checking out?
I am considering this property for early next year as I have a late (or rather early morning) flight. So was planning to hang around here before heading out to the airport.
As a Hilton Diamond, I always requested and received a late checkout ( 3-3:30PM, sometimes 4PM ). After check out, you can head back up the lounge and camp out there ( assuming you have lounge privileges ). There are light snacks and simple beverages available all day and adult beverages & hors d'oeuvres available from about 5PM to 7PM. I have always been welcomed to stay there, including my cabin baggage. Free wireless is available but you usually have to log back in every hour.

When United was still flying to Dubai, I would depart for the airport around 8:30PM for a midnight flight. I'd stop at the Dubai International Hotel ( airside ) and take a shower at the Athletic Club before boarding. It became almost a ritual for me.

Enjoy your stay.

DEN
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Did a 1-night stay here. Overall, nice small business hotel near the airport. Not sure this belongs in any "best Hiltons in the world" lists, but it's an acceptable hotel for a 1-nighter.

As a Diamond, I received a nice upgrade to an Exec Suite. Looks like there are 2 such suites per floor, facing the city. Nice panoramic view of downtown and the Burj Khalifa.

The suite was huge...although a smoking room. I don't know if this hotel has non-smoking rooms or not, but the front desk did not mention or ask whether I wanted smoking or not. I was happy with the nice suite, so I didn't complain, but if you *really* don't like the smell of cigarettes, you may want to email ahead of time to see what the situation is with nonsmoking rooms.

Lounge was nice. Full bar, good food spread.

The hotel is a long way from everything interesting in town, but Ubers and metered cabs are cheap so not really an issue. 30 AED Uber to the Burj Khalifa. 25 AED to the airport. 60 AED all the way down to the marina.

I used the Emirates car to get *to* the hotel, but if you had to fend for yourself a taxi would be easy to do. Hotel is *not* on the metro line.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:37 am

Can someone please confirm for me that Diamonds may take breakfast in the main restaurant rather than the lounge?
TIA
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by judyush
Can someone please confirm for me that Diamonds may take breakfast in the main restaurant rather than the lounge?
TIA
This was not offered to me, although I did not ask for it.

The lounge had an ample breakfast spread and wasn't crowded. I had my own table with real silverware, etc. I wouldn't have expected them to offer me the restaurant, but perhaps they will oblige if you ask.
kwisstan likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:48 am

TIA
Can confirm (my stay although was 7 months ago).
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped
This was not offered to me, although I did not ask for it.

The lounge had an ample breakfast spread and wasn't crowded. I had my own table with real silverware, etc. I wouldn't have expected them to offer me the restaurant, but perhaps they will oblige if you ask.
Like Pinniped, I wasn't offered the main restaurant, but I found the Lounge offering more than enough and quiet.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Leo123
Can confirm (my stay although was 7 months ago).
Did you also check out the lounge? If so, was the spread in the restaurant markedly better than that in the lounge?

If I have a choice and the offerings are likely similar, I err on the side of the lounge simply for speed/efficiency. But...if the restaurant is really a big step up in selection, and I happen to have some time on my hands, could be worth trying out...
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes, based on multiple stays the most recent about a month ago.

Originally Posted by pinniped
Did you also check out the lounge? If so, was the spread in the restaurant markedly better than that in the lounge?
Definitely a better choice in the restaurant, including an egg station, but for me the kicker is that the restaurant has pork bacon and pork sausages, where the lounge does not. That said, nothing wrong with the lounge - just a more limited range as is normally the case.

My pet hate however is that the lounge always seems to be out of takeaway coffee cups. They will get one from the restaurant if you ask, but only if you're willing/able to wait several minutes while they do...
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:23 am

TIA
Just had an email from the hotel confirming Diamond members may take breakfast in Club lounge or The Glasshouse restaurant.

Thank you to everyone for their input.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: hilton
Hilton Dubai - booked and paid for room not available

Wondering if this happens often - we are silver hh members

I book 3 nights over new year in Dubai for 2017 celebrations

I booked it 3 months in advance to ensure a high floor to watch fireworks and get the executive experience

They did not have our room choice available, tried to palm us off without telling us

I looked at my app booking and it was different to the actual booking as somehow it had changed on the system.

I showed the manager my booking and he said he would change our room but did not have the room we booked

We had to stay in a regular room the 1st night of the 3 nights then re pack our bags

We were put in a non exec suite which was okay except the hot water in one room not working and not a high level room

I contacted on return they gave me 10k points as an apology for spoiling our stay and not having our room we had actually pre paid

Any experience of this
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You should be fighting for, at a minimum, a full refund of the night that you weren't in the room that you paid for.

It's quite clear that a high roller came along and somebody at the hotel decided to grab the room allocated to a relatively unimportant Silver member. 10,000 points is not appropriate compensation. Some might say that the whole stay was ruined and deserves a full refund or at least enough points to return to the same hotel in the suite booked (100K+ points per night I'd assume).
krazykanuck and missamo80 like this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
The minimum you would expect is a reduction in the amount you paid. They charge a premium for New Years and on a 3 night booking it would account for a large amount of the 3 night stay especially in a premium room. You may need to call Hilton Honors as 10 000pts like "craigthemif" says is way below what you would expect.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:49 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
10,000 points is nowhere near enough compensation. That's 1/3rd of the points needed for a low-end Hampton Inn night. You're due your first night back, I'd say, in either points or money plus some extra for the inconvenience.

Neil
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10,000 points cost the hotel $50. That's all they think you're worth.

Guest Assistance have the authority to award up to two nights on a Be My Guest and this is billable back to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.