Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Croydon {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Has anything changed at this hotel regarding them having a lounge ?
Years ago this hilton didn't have a lounge, and checking today, there are no rates that i can see that include lounge access, so im assuming it still doesn't have one.
Definitely no lounge here ( unless they have installed one in the last year ), this also is reflected in the very low rates at this hotel, I’ve seen this as low as £49 which is great value but still a very mediocre hotel.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I've been this year. No lounge (and my lowest corporate rate at this joint is £37!). It's an unusual Hilton, essentially sent up for coach parties. On the rare day you see a rate over £100 that will simply mean they have several coach touring groups in. But definitely no lounge, though there is room for one if they wanted to do it.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here last month 1 night cause it was cheap. Bad mistake. Never again unless you have your own car or don't mind paying a lot for using taxis. Very far away from anything at all.

My trips to/from central Croydon (not London, but simply Croydon !) took more than a half hour on the public buses cause of the bad traffic, and I also got fully soaked and very cold in the pouring rain and strong winds waiting for the bus and walking to/from the bus stop to the hotel with luggage. (Having to wait at various street crossings for the light to go green didn't help either).

As a diamond member, I got a small upgrade to larger room but not to any kind of suite or special room or anything. Rooms are much older than I remembered. Looks like they haven't changed or refurbished/rennovated since the late 1980s/early 1990s. Looked tired and worn.

Breakfast staff are friendly and they have special section for gold/diamond members to sit but food selection is limited and they have a LOT of free space they aren't using where they could offer a bit more food.

And there is still no lounge.
Not coming here again no matter how cheap it is.
Old May 11, 2019, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Stayed here last month 1 night cause it was cheap. Bad mistake. Never again unless you have your own car or don't mind paying a lot for using taxis. Very far away from anything at all.

My trips to/from central Croydon (not London, but simply Croydon !) took more than a half hour on the public buses cause of the bad traffic, and I also got fully soaked and very cold in the pouring rain and strong winds waiting for the bus and walking to/from the bus stop to the hotel with luggage. (Having to wait at various street crossings for the light to go green didn't help either).

As a diamond member, I got a small upgrade to larger room but not to any kind of suite or special room or anything. Rooms are much older than I remembered. Looks like they haven't changed or refurbished/rennovated since the late 1980s/early 1990s. Looked tired and worn.

Breakfast staff are friendly and they have special section for gold/diamond members to sit but food selection is limited and they have a LOT of free space they aren't using where they could offer a bit more food.

And there is still no lounge.
Not coming here again no matter how cheap it is.
Yes it’s definitely one of the more uninspiring of the uk Hilton chain, I guess cheap and cheerful is the case although maybe not so cheerful......I’ve stayed a couple of times although not for a few years and it was exactly like that back then, obviously not changed much......thanks for the report.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not good reviews and I see a £5 parking charge!

As the rate for the night I want is over £100 in July I might skip. The Hampton is fully booked, so maybe something is happeing locally.

Annoying thing is that it is just around the corner from where I need to be.

Not a whole lot of alternatives......
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant

As the rate for the night I want is over £100 in July I might skip. The Hampton is fully booked, so maybe something is happeing locally.

True, it’s not worth over say £80...... can’t you bat some points against it to bring the price down?....just a thought.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wizla
True, it’s not worth over say £80...... can’t you bat some points against it to bring the price down?....just a thought.
Could do - but then 30,000 points for say £110 is not that good value or part thereof.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

This isn't a good hotel but if you are only paying £60 (and I think I've done it for £35) then it makes it difficult to complain. If you paid over £100 then you are likely to feel ripped off. Almost certainly the reason for this is they are nearly full with Asian coach tours. If / when the tour agencies confirm numbers then prices may tumble there. The Hampton doesn't strike me as a good place for parking. Cobham? It's 15 miles away but it's mostly motorway.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The Hampton doesn't strike me as a good place for parking. Cobham? It's 15 miles away but it's mostly motorway.
Can't say I checked the location of the Hampton - stupid me when it said Croydon, I assumed Croydon haha

Anyway that is currently full that week.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:32 am

Can't say I checked the location of the Hampton - stupid me when it said Croydon, I assumed Croydon haha

Anyway that is currently full that week.
Sorry I was unclear. The Hampton is at the back of East Croydon station, a congested area.

Hilton Cobham around the M25 is in a small woodland setting and maybe an alternative to you.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:31 pm

Yeah Hilton cob ham is okay, I used to stay there a few years back , nothing amazing but all good.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:32 pm

It's not a Hilton property but if you want to be in the locale the Hallmark Aerodrome opposite the Hilton might be worth a look. I stayed there about a year ago and it was fine for the one night and probably marginally better than the Hilton.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
The Hampton is very convenient if using public transport and usually a much cheaper option than staying closer to central London.
A few minutes walk to East Croydon station, 30 mins to St Pancras and a good connection when coming on the Eurostar.
Have often stayed for points when the cash rate was well over £100.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

What are the Junior Suites like? Worth paying for?

Basic rooms are £55 on the sale, but JS £91 being a Sunday I suspect that it will be quiet.

As I need two rooms I don't wish to gamble that we will get an upgrade to the JS.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:08 am

What are the Junior Suites like? Worth paying for?

Basic rooms are £55 on the sale, but JS £91 being a Sunday I suspect that it will be quiet.

As I need two rooms I don't wish to gamble that we will get an upgrade to the JS.
I stayed in one probably 5 years ago ( was upgraded) and it was nothing special and a little tired too....that said they may have been refurbished since but I doubt it.

UPDATE- I done a brief review.....post #30

Last edited by wizla; Jul 6, 2019 at 10:10 am Reason: Update added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.