Pleasant with a twist

Hilton London Croydon

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton London Croydon

101 Waddon Way Croydon, GB CR9 4HH

Pleasant with a twist (0 Photo)

Hilton London Croydon

Check In

Check In was nice, there is a certain knack to checking guests in and knowing whether they want the quickest check in ever or are fair game for a bit of a chat, consisently whilst staying here the receptionists have got their assessment of me correct and adjusted accordingly.

Room

What was supposedly quite a "quiet" room wasn't so much as it had me checking to see what windows were open as you heard the whizz of cars going past on the main road 100 or so yards away. However after that slipped to the back of the mind it was quite quiet. Only downside was finding some fluff inside my bed but it didn't distract from the stay and the spaciousness of them room. Also nice to be greated with a fruit bowl in the room.

Pleasant with a twist

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Croydon?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 27, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
BUMP.......Anyone stayed here lately?.......got a gig to do @ boxpark 9th June and staying here.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:01 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
tbh I'd prefer the Hampton given that it's 1 minute away from Boxpark
Old May 27, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
BUMP.......Anyone stayed here lately?.......got a gig to do @ boxpark 9th June and staying here.
Not sure what exact info you are looking for. This hotel is cheap for a reason, but does the job when you need cheap Hilton stays. AFAIK there is no renovation going on, or any reason to suggest that there would be much difference between a stay today and stays from a year or two back...

I also just stay at the Hampton when I have the choice...
Old May 27, 2017, 5:20 am

Good call guys , good call........ didn't realise the Hampton was so close to boxpark , it's £26 more than the Hilton and parking is £16 but when I consider taxis to and from the Hilton it will work out about the same.......I've booked the Hampton too and will cancel one nearer the time when I've re checked costs .
Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:49 am

Good call guys , good call........ didn't realise the Hampton was so close to boxpark , it's £26 more than the Hilton and parking is £16 but when I consider taxis to and from the Hilton it will work out about the same.......I've booked the Hampton too and will cancel one nearer the time when I've re checked costs .
UPDATE - decision made, Im staying here and cancelled my reservation at the Hampton, two reasons - parking is free and managed to bag a cheap £55 PSR rate for Friday night.
So far no upgrade but it's early days.....booked a king guest room ......will see.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not sure what exact info you are looking for. This hotel is cheap for a reason, but does the job when you need cheap Hilton stays. AFAIK there is no renovation going on, or any reason to suggest that there would be much difference between a stay today and stays from a year or two back...

I also just stay at the Hampton when I have the choice...
The third floor has been renovated (fairly basic and bathrooms still untouched ) new carpets , curtains and chairs .
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
The third floor has been renovated (fairly basic and bathrooms still untouched ) new carpets , curtains and chairs .
Thanks mate, I actually hit the " request upgrade " button ( I normally don't bother ) and noticed j.suites @ £0, obviously I hit the request button......who knows......if not will try and get on third floor.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:59 pm

Thanks mate, I actually hit the " request upgrade " button ( I normally don't bother ) and noticed j.suites @ £0, obviously I hit the request button......who knows......if not will try and get on third floor.
You might even get the Presidential Suite -lol
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Last stay functional. First room was quite dirty. The receptionist stated it was a junior suite upgrade. It definitely was not a junior suite, I did feel this was a lie. Went back to reception to change rooms, supervisor allocated a new room which was a junior suite. I knew that the first wasn't as I have stayed here quite a lot. It is normally not luxurious but fine.
Free parking is useful, and breakfast is fine. Amenities last stay were robes and water. We walk along to the Chinese centre and eat there, and they also have cheap Tsing Tsao.
Have never stayed at the Hampton, seen it lots of times. Hilton used to have a pool (now gone), and there is a bit of an outlet centre just around the corner.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Last stay functional. First room was quite dirty. The receptionist stated it was a junior suite upgrade. It definitely was not a junior suite, I did feel this was a lie. Went back to reception to change rooms, supervisor allocated a new room which was a junior suite. I knew that the first wasn't as I have stayed here quite a lot. It is normally not luxurious but fine.
Free parking is useful, and breakfast is fine. Amenities last stay were robes and water. We walk along to the Chinese centre and eat there, and they also have cheap Tsing Tsao.
Have never stayed at the Hampton, seen it lots of times. Hilton used to have a pool (now gone), and there is a bit of an outlet centre just around the corner.
Thanks mate, some good advice there.......it's now 8-30pm uk time and no preupgrade yet but I'm not too fussed as I won't be arriving until 8pm and it will be quick shower and off to a my gig at boxpark, think we are on at 10pm?, whilst on the subject anyone staying in London tomorrow night and fancys seeing some real HipHop I can get you on the guest list no problem, pm me!............ will probably do live review the next morning.....will report back!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:10 am

Thanks mate, some good advice there.......it's now 8-30pm uk time and no preupgrade yet but I'm not too fussed as I won't be arriving until 8pm and it will be quick shower and off to a my gig at boxpark, think we are on at 10pm?, whilst on the subject anyone staying in London tomorrow night and fancys seeing some real HipHop I can get you on the guest list no problem, pm me!............ will probably do live review the next morning.....will report back!
Now about to leave for the drive down to Croydon from Norwich, I've been preupgraded to a queen deluxe room on the 3rd floor.....will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Jun 9, 2017 at 8:11 am Reason: Word missing
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:59 am

Now about to leave for the drive down to Croydon from Norwich, I've been preupgraded to a queen deluxe room on the 3rd floor.....will report back!
Arrived last night just before 7pm, preupgraded to queen deluxe from king guest....... not exactly a warm welcome, fake smile etc.
Room top floor, end corridor ......I done OLCI as I didn't want to end up with one of the many connecting rooms here, maybe this stopped me receiving further upgrades as the hotel is quiet.
Room is unimpressive, ropey carpet, shower trickles and no cold water! unless you get it from tap in sink........strange?......hot water was comming out of the cold tap on bath!.......so I ended up having a very hot shower indeed last night.
Gig at box park was so so........however I would recommend it as a great place to visit for some amazing food and drink .......great vibe down there!.
Got back around midnight......more issues, air con rubbish and noisy and curtains very thin.
I slept rubbish as noisy staff outside taking stuff to bins........used earplugs eventually.......bed was comfortable though.
Room generally tired and worn but nothing really bad , reminds me of hilton stansted.
Gym then breakfast this morning, and I guess another very hot shower!.........will report back!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:54 am

Arrived last night just before 7pm, preupgraded to queen deluxe from king guest....... not exactly a warm welcome, fake smile etc.
Room top floor, end corridor ......I done OLCI as I didn't want to end up with one of the many connecting rooms here, maybe this stopped me receiving further upgrades as the hotel is quiet.
Room is unimpressive, ropey carpet, shower trickles and no cold water! unless you get it from tap in sink........strange?......hot water was comming out of the cold tap on bath!.......so I ended up having a very hot shower indeed last night.
Gig at box park was so so........however I would recommend it as a great place to visit for some amazing food and drink .......great vibe down there!.
Got back around midnight......more issues, air con rubbish and noisy and curtains very thin.
I slept rubbish as noisy staff outside taking stuff to bins........used earplugs eventually.......bed was comfortable though.
Room generally tired and worn but nothing really bad , reminds me of hilton stansted.
Gym then breakfast this morning, and I guess another very hot shower!.........will report back!
......gym is refurbished and fairly good, no sweat towels but luckily I took one from room.......two of everything in here ( treadmills, cross traininers etc ) and some free weights , shower in room after was like a rollercoaster, hot/cold/hot/cold.....not good.
Breakfast was good....nice selection!......separate area for diamonds and golds but would have preferred to sit outside this area as it was packed with people, the standard area was quiet, niceidea but didn't the concept doesn't work.
I've got a free day today so I'm off for a wander around Kingston upon Thames, may even stay over at the doubletree. Dunno yet........will report back!

Last edited by wizla; Jun 10, 2017 at 2:56 am Reason: Additional information added
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:05 pm

......gym is refurbished and fairly good, no sweat towels but luckily I took one from room.......two of everything in here ( treadmills, cross traininers etc ) and some free weights , shower in room after was like a rollercoaster, hot/cold/hot/cold.....not good.
Breakfast was good....nice selection!......separate area for diamonds and golds but would have preferred to sit outside this area as it was packed with people, the standard area was quiet, niceidea but didn't the concept doesn't work.
I've got a free day today so I'm off for a wander around Kingston upon Thames, may even stay over at the doubletree. Dunno yet........will report back!
........checked out and mentioned the few issues with the room and got a very weak apology, to be honest I don't think her English was very good.......I pretty much gave up and I'm on my way.......went to Kingston upon Thames, didn't stay over but did pop in doubletree for a coffee, looks nice!, also some nice walks along the river before driving home.

CONCLUSION - ok, but just ok.......nothing really bad but I wouldn't return unless I needed to be in area again and Croydon itself has a nice vibe , however there was a drive by shooting just as I was coming out! , don't be alarmed this is rare!
I would also not stay down the far end of hotel as the bins constantly being slammed, also a building site
It's cheap yes but not particularly cheerful.

ROOM NO -316

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Canary Wharf ( 12/6/17 ) weather permitting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.