Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Points Devaluation" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2023, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cblaisd
Hilton Properties Devalued 5k → 10k & 10k → 20k for standard award:

[NAME] [OLD RATE] [NEW RATE]

Loyalty Lobby Article with the List of Hotels that Changed: https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/06/17/hilton-honors-award-chart-changes-june-2019/
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Points Devaluation" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:30 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
As of 3/18/10:

Stays Completed: 1
Nights Completed: 1
Base Points: 1,071
Old Mar 18, 2010, 9:52 pm

It seems Hilton is turning some of the Cat 5 hotels that went to Cat 7 into Category 6 hotels.

Hilton Clearwater Beach and Doubletree North Redington beach are two examples and I'm guessing there are more
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by flyer4512
It seems Hilton is turning some of the Cat 5 hotels that went to Cat 7 into Category 6 hotels.

Hilton Clearwater Beach and Doubletree North Redington beach are two examples and I'm guessing there are more
shocking!
I wouldn't be surprised if they did make everything systemwide category 7 for our added convenience
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:01 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite

Well thats a start.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Originally Posted by zaf
Well thats a start.
its something they really have to look into....its shocking but there are a number of properties out there that are 2 (maybe even 3) categories above what they should be....
Old Mar 19, 2010, 8:13 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC

A stealth revaluation?!?
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles
A stealth revaluation?!?

Well I'm glad I didn't switch cards now as it cost me 150K points ( Glon2) for 6 nights in the Doubletree/Hilton Clearwater as a Cat 5 in 2010.

As a Cat 6 it will be 180K ( VIP) for 6 nights so it's not much of an increase compared at least compared to what a Cat 7 would have beeen.

I rarely stay at any hotel so I had 2 HGI stays last year, I charge about $3,600 a month on my HV and HAMEX.

6 free nights each year in a $300/night hotel plus free breakfast is pretty good to me
Old Mar 19, 2010, 3:03 pm

Programs: EXP AA 5.7MM, Diamond HHonors, a bit of Marriott, a bit of United, a bit of this and that
Hilton Clearwater Beach
A cat 5, 6, or 7? You gotta be kidding!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Well I'm glad I didn't switch cards now as it cost me 150K points ( Glon2) for 6 nights in the Doubletree/Hilton Clearwater as a Cat 5 in 2010.

As a Cat 6 it will be 180K ( VIP) for 6 nights so it's not much of an increase compared at least compared to what a Cat 7 would have beeen.

I rarely stay at any hotel so I had 2 HGI stays last year, I charge about $3,600 a month on my HV and HAMEX.

6 free nights each year in a $300/night hotel plus free breakfast is pretty good to me

Ahhh, the perfect Hilton client. Enjoy!
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by AAbuzzard
A cat 5, 6, or 7? You gotta be kidding!
Well it was just remodeled and it's all about location. Before the new Hyatt it had the best location on clearwater beach by far.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
& now with a targeted promo for q2, hilton just keeps sinking deeper & deeper....

first they had the devaluation, then they gave away a free night to certain diamonds (we have no clue how they selected these diamonds) & now we have a targeted promo (again no clue how these members were targeted)....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
[QUOTE=saad;13611866]& now with a targeted promo for q2, hilton just keeps sinking deeper & deeper....QUOTE]

HHonors is back to "business as usual".

Now I realize why I was not seeing info about a Q2 promotion.

So it's time to seek out greener pastures.

Like for good.

Adios HHonors.....
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:58 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Thumbs down Time To Switch!!!

Just tried to redeem a 3 night weekend stay at a Hampton Inn in NYC. They wanted 40,000 points per night, R U KIDDING ME???

I sent a request to SPG for a status match. As soon as the the Platinum package arrives, I'll be moving the rest of my hotel stays to SPG...
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:19 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by saad
& now with a targeted promo for q2, hilton just keeps sinking deeper & deeper....

first they had the devaluation, then they gave away a free night to certain diamonds (we have no clue how they selected these diamonds) & now we have a targeted promo (again no clue how these members were targeted)....
Well, we already know that there is a more general Q2 promo coming and we pretty much know what it will be (double points or free night after 10 nights).

Why does it matter that we aren't sure how members for the newest promo were targeted?

I'm sure Hilton isn't the only program to run targeted promos.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Originally Posted by justinc848
Well, we already know that there is a more general Q2 promo coming and we pretty much know what it will be (double points or free night after 10 nights).

Why does it matter that we aren't sure how members for the newest promo were targeted?

I'm sure Hilton isn't the only program to run targeted promos.
The problem is IHG let anyone who knew the promo code to register. Marriott have one concierge in the forum to give out promo if member complain they do not have any...Hilton do nothing but strickly randomly give promo to the members they like or not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.