Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:52 am
cjd

Had a one night stay just over a week ago. Booked King room and was upgraded to deluxe room in new wing and room was pleasant with comfortable bed. Even managed to sleep in and didn't have time for breakfast! Again given 2 complimentary drinks vouchers. As we wanted to watch the football, decided to have room service and was pleasantly surprised. The fish and chips were delicious. Did really want to have a swim in the pool on arrival, but the traffic on Friday afternoon was horrendous on the A1 and M1. Journey that normally takes about 2 hours took 4 hours. Parking at the hotel is complimentary for guests. Was surprised to see that a new Doubletree is soon to open in Sheffield, the Doubletree by Hilton Sheffield City. Very similar name to this Doubletree. Hope this one isn't leaving the Group.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by cjd
Was surprised to see that a new Doubletree is soon to open in Sheffield, the Doubletree by Hilton Sheffield City. Very similar name to this Doubletree. Hope this one isn't leaving the Group.
Looks like this is a re-flagging of what was the Copthorne Hotel at the Sheffield United football ground on Bramall Lane. I’ve never stayed there but have generally heard favourable things.

Hopefully won’t make a great deal of differrence to the Park given they aren’t particularly close to one another and the Park co-existed alongside the Hilton Sheffield for many years.

I really wish some investment had been forthcoming for Hilton Sheffield as I liked the canal-side vibe. It is now languishing as a Best Western.
cjd likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:24 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Looks like this is a re-flagging of what was the Copthorne Hotel at the Sheffield United football ground on Bramall Lane. I’ve never stayed there but have generally heard favourable things.

Hopefully won’t make a great deal of differrence to the Park given they aren’t particularly close to one another and the Park co-existed alongside the Hilton Sheffield for many years.

I really wish some investment had been forthcoming for Hilton Sheffield as I liked the canal-side vibe. It is now languishing as a Best Western.
Yes I hope the Park Doubletree remains. Have stayed there many times on our way to family in Cheshire. Always enjoy the drive over the Peak District via Buxton. Also used to stay at the Hilton Sheffield and liked it's location.
:D! and wizla like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
I had an overnight here as a change from my normal stop at Doubletree Nottingham.

Welcome was good - drinks vouchers and a slight upgrade. The MPW steakhouse was busy (I had to go to the bar for a few minutes) - nice to see things busy, and 20% off the bill for Diamonds. I also noticed the tray charge for room service was revoked for (I think) Gold/ Diamonds.

Downsides? Fiddly air con (couldn't get the room warm enough), and the drive to/ from - approach from the south and the hotel is on the 'wrong' side of the dual carriageway, departure north to the M1 is full of traffic lights and road works - otherwise a good stay
chrism20 and wizla like this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
Upgraded room in the new wing - nice condition, mini fridge with 2 water bottles. Only issue with room is there is no main light so not great to work at the desk after dark even using all lights and the desk lamp.

2 drinks vouchers provided for drinks up to the value of £5 a voucher.

I haven’t been advised of the 20% discount off food I have received before. I will check the bill in case this is deducted on departure.

There is a £5 charge per adult for the pool if you are not Diamond.

I ate the Steak and ale pie in the bar - huge amount of steak in it and a thin pastry layer. One of the best pies I have ever had. Good Thornbridge Jaipur IPA with it.

Tomorrow they are back to standard opening times for the leisure facilities after reduced hours over Christmas.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:30 am

Leaflet showing hotel services and status membership benefits
adobbing and Tocsin like this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Looks like the 20% discount has dropped off

They don't seem to realise that these benefits can make the difference between 'dragging oneself out' to dinner/ bar or having a working 'meal deal' in-room.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:04 pm

I stay here quite often, they changed the discount to 10% then dropped it completely.
Also, Diamond members now get just the one drink voucher instead of two.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:26 am

I didn’t get a discount on food but was given two drink vouchers which the barnan said was called at £5
Old Oct 20, 2023, 1:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Sunday night stay, price was rock bottom less than £60!
Upgraded from Queen to a King deluxe room on the ground floor of the new extension.
Only issue with room was that I couldn’t seem to get the Aircon temperature to change from 17°, although the room seemed warmer.
Bathroom had large walk in shower, with bottles attached to the wall.

Given the welcome sheet of paper, no mention of restaurant/ bar discount.
Given two drinks vouchers valid in bar or MPW, haven’t been in for several years, but no longer any local beer such as Jaipur, so opted for a Brixton Pale.

Decided to eat in bar, at 19:30 MPW looked empty, aside from one table occupied, bar wasn’t much busier.
Menu in bar had good choice, burgers, steaks, pies etc.
Opted for Steak pie, which was enjoyable and served with peas and chunky chips for £16.95.

Breakfast in the morning still in MPW and only until 09:30.
Room felt quite cold.
Good selection of hot food and two bean to cup coffee machines.

Would definitely use again and it gave good value!
DavMJ likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 8:13 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Wow sounds like a great deal, amazing value for money. I have also found that some properties in different parts of the UK can be terrific value at certain times.

I stayed a while back and liked this hotel which is sort of quiet given its on a busy road. It's not that convenient for public transport - as I found when I walked from Dore and Totley station (quite a long walk) - much better bus from Sheffield. But that being said I would definitely stay again after your review and given the great value here.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Wow sounds like a great deal, amazing value for money. I have also found that some properties in different parts of the UK can be terrific value at certain times.

I stayed a while back and liked this hotel which is sort of quiet given its on a busy road. It's not that convenient for public transport - as I found when I walked from Dore and Totley station (quite a long walk) - much better bus from Sheffield. But that being said I would definitely stay again after your review and given the great value here.
Yes, I’d definitely stay again, not much to dislike.

Bus into town is better than cross country trek, dronfield station might have been nearer😁

This was a nice touch!
Old Nov 8, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Yes, I’d definitely stay again, not much to dislike.

Bus into town is better than cross country trek, dronfield station might have been nearer😁
Dronfield is definitely closer, and a flatter walk, but is still a couple of miles. Bus or taxi makes most sense though. It’s a shame Supertram doesn’t extend into that part of the City.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.