Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Ontario Airport {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Ontario Airport {US-CA} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2002, 4:29 pm

Have not tried the Hilton, but the Ontario Sheraton is excellent. Polite staff, nice rooms, very cozy and quiet.
Old Jul 19, 2006, 8:38 pm

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
Fight Night at the ONT Hilton

So, apparently tonight is "Fight Night" at the ONT Hilton where they have professionalboxers set up in a ring in the far side of the lobby. This ring is obstructed by black draping so that hotel guests can't watch the fights unless you pay the brutish looking guys at the entrance to the lobby. These fights, it seems, are open to the drinking public. So, the parking lot is completely full. A total mad house. I have to park in overfill at the office building next door and wheel my luggage to the entrance of the hotel as there were not even temporary spaces available for hotel guests to use while checking in. No valets on hand either.

So, I get into the lobby and it is noisy! Bells are going off to signal the end of the round and a rancous crowd is cheering wildly. I'm a little pissed because I just want some peace and quiet. No chance to enjoy a nice glass of wine in the lounge.

All is forgotten, however, when I get the key to my upgrade - a suite on the highest floor - away from the noise with the jacuzzi tub. Thanks Hilton, I needed this.

--Sioux
Old Jul 19, 2006, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
What a spectacle. I never heard of something like that. I am curious to drop over to ONT to see what it's all about!
Old Jul 20, 2006, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never liked this Hilton for numerous reasons. This is just another reason not to like it. Thanks.

MisterNice
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
I stayed at the MCI Hilton while there was a boxing tourney for umm.. underpriviledged youth going on. All china and metal cutlery in the restaurants had been replaced by plastic substitutes. At 2am some of the 'participants' set fire to their room; and all residents spent 2 hours outside in the rain and a further 2 hours in the lobby.

Compensation - nada. Will I ever stay there again ? Guess

I have also shared the IAD Hilton with a soccer tournament which seemed to be mostly held in the corridors (again). But at least I got upgraded after l b*tched.

Why can't properties tell us when booking that there is something likely disturbing going on at the same time ? OK I know why. @:-)
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
I had the same thing happen in Toronto with the Hilton near the airport with a hockey tournament. I had stopped over to see friends in Toronto while on my way to Europe. I wasn't able to even get into the hotel restaurant to get my breakfast. I wrote a letter and the manager wrote back offering me a free night with upgrade which I was unable to use.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was at this same Hilton when they were doing some sort of paid Comedy Club thing in the lobby. David Spade was on when I walked by. Lots of noise that reverberated throughout the entire atrium lobby and into the rooms. Not a great spot to do this kind of event, IMHO.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, NW GE MM, US Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Smile Ontario(ONT) Hilton - Great experience

last week, I stayed at the Hilton near the Ontario (Ca) airport for the 1st time.

The breakfast presentation in the excutive level conceirge room was the perhaps finest presentation that I have ever seen in Hilton's, Starwood or Marriott experiences.

Job well done and I will stay there again.

Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by dsm1k
last week, I stayed at the Hilton near the Ontario (Ca) airport for the 1st time.

The breakfast presentation in the excutive level conceirge room was the perhaps finest presentation that I have ever seen in Hilton's, Starwood or Marriott experiences.

Job well done and I will stay there again.

How was the room and bedding? Any upgrades?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Looks like the last mention of this and the other ONT airport hotels were several years ago.

Can anyone give an updated rec for a HH airport property?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by bk3day
Looks like the last mention of this and the other ONT airport hotels were several years ago.

Can anyone give an updated rec for a HH airport property?
This Hilton offers free shuttle to/from the airport. Rooms are a little dated but clean.The executive lounge offers a intermediate breakfast and has friendly staff. Otherwise, there is a fairly new Embassy nearby and a HGI in Rancho Cucamonga. The HGI doesnt have a shuttle but is walking distance to shopping and eateries.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's over two years since I stayed here, but it was as mr27 posted.

I'd happily stay there again ...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:39 pm

This property is no longer a Hilton. It seems to be operated by Coast Hotels. The Hilton
site doesn't list it anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.