Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Ever Used Hilton Hawaiian Dollars?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I was reading about the ALON award and noticed the following:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">To make your Hawaii vacation even more rewarding, you can also redeem HHonors points for Hilton Hawaiian Dollars which you can use for services at participating restaurants and merchants at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa or Hilton Waikoloa Village.</font>
Has anyone ever used points for Hilton Hawaiian Dollars? What is the point to Hilton Hawaiian Dollar ratio? I would suspect it is not too good.

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2002, 2:47 pm

Programs: HHonors (Gold), One Pass (Peon)
It's 25,000 points for $50.00. The site also says that if your change is less than 10%, they will give it to you in cash.

Not a very good rate, especially seeing that we will be using only 100,000 points to stay 6 nights at the Waikoloa Village!

I would rather save up the points and have another stay in a few years.

DD
Old Sep 4, 2002, 11:01 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
Hilton Hawaiian Dollars are really a scam to separate suckers from their HHonors points. Not only is the conversion rate terrible, but $50 won't buy much at the merchants at the Hawaiian Hilton resorts, either.

For the value received, the ALON is among the best HHonors awards out there.

With that being said, the Waikoloa Vilage on the Big Island is our favorite Hilton in Hawaii. It's not in the middle of an urban area and has more of an open feeling.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
25K for fifty bucks?

That's so bad, it seems almost counterproductive to bother programming the award into the system! Does anyone actually redeem it??

I'm surprised they don't have a more realistic award - maybe 10K for $50. Still an advantageous exchange rate for Hilton, but something worthwhile to people who REALLY have a lot of points to burn.
Old Sep 4, 2002, 1:22 pm

or you could also go on a timeshare presentation at HHV and receive $100 to spend at HHV merchants instead of the points they normally give.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 1:16 am

6 days at a resort Hilton or 200 dollars hawaiian money

charge the meals to your room and use your hh cc or your favorite mileage cc (like UA double miles Visa at the moment)

this is a no brainer....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.