Search

Help with Reward booking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2002, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR - CO PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Delta Gold
Help with Reward booking

Hi all.

I am interested in taking my sister and her family (2 adults, a 3 year old and 10 month old twins) to orlando sometime this winter --
I would like to possibly use my Hilton miles ... (I have about 205K) what is a resonable amount of points that one should expect to use at the Orlando Disney Hilton? I have no idea as I have yet to use any hotel rewards for rooms.

Old Aug 29, 2002, 6:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">what is a resonable amount of points that one should expect to use at the Orlando Disney Hilton?</font>
The number of points you will need (reasonable or not) is determined by the award chart.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 8:16 am

I believe the best use of points would be a TEEN (golf) award for 6 nights at 100K points. Others may know better.
Old Aug 29, 2002, 10:52 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
With that big of a group, you might definitely want to think about a Homewood Suites or Embassy Suites property ... you could get two rooms at the Hilton (think you'll need it!), but you'd be even better off with two rooms at a Suites hotel anyway ...

Just do a search on "Orlando" and you'll find some posts talking about the different properties.

Either way, the best award depends on how many nights you're going for, but you can't go wrong with one of the 6 night awards for 100k (not familiar with the TEEN award, but a GLON would also work ...).
Old Aug 29, 2002, 10:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
not familiar with the TEEN award, but a GLON would also work</font>
Nope, GLON won't necessarily work. The property in question (WDW Hilton) is a Premium category, thus requiring GLONP (150K points instead of 100K for the TEEN reward).

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 08-29-2002).]
Old Aug 29, 2002, 11:05 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
Nope, GLON won't necessarily work. The property in question (WDW Hilton) is a Premium category, thus requiring GLONP (150K points instead of 100K for the TEEN reward). </font>
Wow, I'm surprised the Hilton WDW is a Premium ... okay, so that's why you'd use a TEEN instead, but personally I'd suggest looking at the Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites nonetheless (which I'm assuming are not Premiums), even though you'll be giving up the "on-site" location ...
Old Sep 5, 2002, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Location: EWR - CO PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Delta Gold
Thanks for the Info. Although it would be ideal to stay in the park, I think you are all right about staying at an ES property with two bedrooms.

I have stayed at the Disney Hilton and it is dedinately not what i would consider a premium hotel ... but, I suppose premium status is probably based on location ...even though its not ideal when you consider the other properties.

Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:22 am

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
A quick check of the HHonors web site shows under the VIP awards that the WDW Hilton is still listed as a Golf property and can be had for a TEEN 100,000 points for 6 nights.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:44 am

I would check the prices at the hotels before using points. The homewood suite near point orlando/universal offers rooms with the entertainment card rate( 50 % off). The homewood suites at universal has alot of shops and places to eat in easy walking distance. I would save your points for the big dollar a night rooms, not when you can get rooms well under 100.00 per night.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 4:39 pm

I have enjoyed the ES Lake Buena Vista, and found it quite nice. It's only a couple of blocks away from the park. We stayed on a GLON award there last winter. When I went the staff was great, the food was great etc. There have been a recent post or two from people thet were not as happy there, but I would stay there again.

Do a search, and you should find lots of comments about the various Orlando properties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.