When do points usually post?

Old Dec 10, 01, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

When do points usually post?

Hello All:

How long does it take for points to be posted after leaving a HH Hotel? Anyone have a general time frame?

Regards,

Dave
Old Dec 10, 01, 5:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DavidRobertCollins99:
How long does it take for points to be posted after leaving a HH Hotel?</font>
Anywhere between 24 hours and never... On a more serious note, if your points have not been posted two weeks after your check-out, it's time to submit a "Missing Stay Credit" through their web site. Log into your account, click on "Member Services", then select "Missing Stay Request".
Old Dec 10, 01, 10:53 pm

Eugene is correct. Sometimes the stay/points post anywhere between 24-48 hours and when they are not, they usually post within 2 weeks.

------------------
Regards,

Al
Old Dec 11, 01, 7:35 am

Any idea how long it takes after submitting a missing stay credit request on their website? I did two of them a couple of weeks ago and I have seen nothing yet. Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 01, 9:05 am

In my experience, filing a missing points claim on the web doesn't do anything. The three times that I have had to do it, I waited about a month. When that didn't happen, I emailed the flyertalk address at Hhonors. Only then did I get any service. It's a complete mess. As an alternative to the web claim, you could always call the property and ask for them to post the points again.
Old Dec 11, 01, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
The HHonors website (under "Help" or FAQ) says to mail a copy of your hotel folio to the appropriate HHonors service center to get credit for missing stays.

I may need to do this, as I haven't received credit for my stay at the Singapore Hilton. Checked out November 28. Sent e-mail to HHonors a week later. Still no credit for the stay. (All other HHonors stays have been in the US and have posted very quickly -- within days.)

Kathy
Old Dec 11, 01, 10:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jja34-1:
In my experience, filing a missing points claim on the web doesn't do anything.</font>
FWIW, it was not my experience. When I submitted a missing stay credit online (had to do it just once though), it took 3 or 4 days for the credit to appear in my account.
Old Dec 11, 01, 10:25 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
Sent e-mail to HHonors a week later. Still no credit for the stay. </font>
With the exception of Adam Burke and [email protected] , they have terrible record of responding to e-mails.
Old Dec 12, 01, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by KathyWdrf:
The HHonors website (under "Help" or FAQ) says to mail a copy of your hotel folio to the appropriate HHonors service center to get credit for missing stays.
I may need to do this, as I haven't received credit for my stay at the Singapore Hilton. Checked out November 28. Sent e-mail to HHonors a week later. Still no credit for the stay. (All other HHonors stays have been in the US and have posted very quickly -- within days.)
Kathy
</font>
I had 3 missing US stays and faxed the folios to the HHonors service center on 12/3. Still no credit. I called and they said it will take at least 3 weeks to post. Not very quick.... :=(
Old Dec 12, 01, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
My earning Diamond status (for the first time) is dependent on ALL my stays posting this year.

If my new status is delayed, I will be upset.

Kathy
Old Jan 7, 02, 11:24 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anandrag:
I had 3 missing US stays and faxed the folios to the HHonors service center on 12/3. Still no credit. I called and they said it will take at least 3 weeks to post. Not very quick.... :=(</font>
FINALLY!!! I still didn't have my 3 'stays' posted (and my 45K bonus for the EWRDC 4 stay promo) so decided to call. After 45 minutes on the phone, I finally got the stays and bonus posted. It was purely done manually though and it had nothing to d with the fax I sent! I would suggest others to call and have it done that way since the fax and online form (which I also filled in) don't seem to help at all
Old Jan 7, 02, 2:36 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't have any luck with faxing, calling or waiting for two of my husband's EWRDC posts to stay, but [email protected] took care of both within a day. This is an awesome service just for us!
Old Jul 16, 02, 8:44 am

I did send a fax to Hhonors for a missing Scandic stay earlier today. How long will it takes before I can see the points on my account?
Old Jul 16, 02, 10:34 am

Kempis
I faxed a missing stay June 19 for a stay June 4-7, am still waiting for it to post. I also submitted a "missing stay credit" through the website on July 15 for the aforementioned stay. Will give it a week or so then call or email [email protected]
This is the first time I've had a stay NOT post within a few days of checkout.
Old Jul 16, 02, 11:50 am
Community Director

I emailed [email protected] on Friday about several incorrect or missing stays and bonuses. I received a response yesterday. It didn't fully satisfy me; I responded and by late last night, all had posted. The folks who help us on the flyertalk email address rock!

Search this Thread