Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Two Stays: Same Day, Same Person, Different Properties. Will I Get Credit for Both?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Stays: Same Day, Same Person, Different Properties. Will I Get Credit for Both?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2008, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It worked for me in reverse a few years ago during my 7 crazy days (which included double inaugural on the longest flight SIN-EWR-SIN). During a 3/5/7 promo I was 1 stay short of qualifying for my 3rd free night certificate and had an evening flight out of SFO. After I checked out of Hilton SF I did some stuff in the city and then checked into one of the cheap airport hotels, had a shower, and checked out. I got stay credit for my ~1 hour stay and qualified for the extra free night. I did not need to call to get the credit.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by planeluvr
My experience, also. But the problem would be if the stay did not post automatically and getting the DD to manually post the stays.
Depeneds. If you book a homewood suites or ES, for a month. You could then book a room somewhere else for one night. They understand it is cheaper and easier not to check out.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: UA MM 1K; HA Pualani Gold, SWA A-List; Aloha Silver (RIP); HH Gold
Two rooms at different hotels on same day

Hi,

If I book rooms at two different hotels for the same day and check into both, do I get credit for both stays towards qualification?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 4BandE
Hi,

If I book rooms at two different hotels for the same day and check into both, do I get credit for both stays towards qualification?

Thanks!
In theory: No
In reality: Often yes
Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
As the prior poster said, it is possible to get credit for both - but it sometimes causes confusion for the HHonors computer. If you do this, save your receipts and be prepared to explain yourself. (In my case, it was a days stay at an airport hotel followed by a check in at a 2nd hotel late in the evening).
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:50 pm

I have had this happen. My wife and I check in at a hotel in one city. Work emergency pops up and I leave early to go to another city. I had to e-mail to get the stay and points added, but I received full points/stay/nights credit for both stays.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
Just to report my recent experience on this - I had two stays on the same night, one posted, the other did not. However, both efolios showed up on my profile. I did send a quick note to the Gold Desk as I had an explanation for the two nights, and they did post it to my profile without any problem. All good in my books. ^
Old Aug 9, 2009, 3:38 am

I've actually been in two hotels the same night (well, in a hotel long term and been within a drivable distance and had meeting run extremely late and checked into a local Hampton rather than drive back to other hotel where my clothes reside). The few times I've done this I had to call to have points posted to my account...once the woman said that there system can't handle this and it has to be posted manually.[/QUOTE]
--------------------

Same here.....Its happened a few times over the years where I"m in a hotel Mon-Friday and on Wednesday morning something comes up that I drive to a location 2 hours away - expecting to return that evening....but by the time the "emergency" is dealt with its 11am and I get a local Hampton.

Expect to call and explain, but they will post the points.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, SAS Gold, Marriott-Gold, Hilton-DIA,SPG-Gold
las vegas hilton..booked it for $40.00
Old Aug 9, 2009, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA lt gold, HH Diamond, marriott pl
Recently took almost a month to get this resolved, staying for 3 weeks in hotel A, took a long weekend to hotel B, didn't check out in Hotel A...at first they refused to give me credit, took many emails and calls, finally had to go over the supervisors head to get credit...which they told me they would do just this one time.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA PLT
Military had me at the Homewood on the Riverwalk for 2+ months when I took a weekend trip to Austin HGI. Not only did the trip to Austin count, but I called in and explained that the number of nights I had stayed in San Antonio at that point put me at Gold Status. So I got Gold benefits in Austin, AND from that date forward got the bonus gold points for my stay in San Antonio.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, SPG Gold, Emerald Club Executive
I wasn't so fortunate. Family and I stayed at a Washington hotel for a week and I had to take a side trip for a couple of days to Phoenix. The Phoenix trip posted and the Washington trip didn't.

I enquired about it and they said I could only have one stay post, even after explaining the situation. I chose the Washington trip as it resulted in more points.

I didn't push receiving both stays, but perhaps I should have seeing some of the comments on this thread. Anyway, Hilton's loss. If I find myself in this situation again I'll simply stay at Starwood.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:33 pm

Any recent experience with this? I might have two bookings in the city of brotherly love tomorrow. If I have two hotels, will I get credit for both? The latest info is from Feb 2010 and then it was not possible, is that still the case?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by blcst101
Has anyone tried to check into 2 different hotels on 1 day and get credit for both? Just wondering if it is possible. I will be staying next week near a HI that is only $49 a night. I wanted to work on my 4 stays for Gold reup and figure this would be a good way to get night cheap. Never tried it before, so I thought I would ask.
Is the $49 rate at the hotel you aren't staying at good the night of the date you are checking out of the hotel you are staying at? If so I would just book the $49 hotel stay for the night of the day you are checking out, walk into the lobby check in, and just enter the room and leave the key in the room.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kempis
Any recent experience with this? I might have two bookings in the city of brotherly love tomorrow. If I have two hotels, will I get credit for both? The latest info is from Feb 2010 and then it was not possible, is that still the case?
You say two hotels, so I assume you mean just that and not two rooms in the same property. You won't get credit.

After the fact, you may be able to email Hilton to get a one time courtesy exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.