FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Two Stays: Same Day, Same Person, Different Properties. Will I Get Credit for Both? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/126634-two-stays-same-day-same-person-different-properties-will-i-get-credit-both.html)

Bourne May 25, 2001 10:42 am

Being at two places on the same night...

How does Hilton handle this...

Suppose I drive on the highway...see a Hampton Inn...check in...drive down 20 miles...see another Hampton Inn...check in...sleep over...check out...drive back to first one...check out.

Two hotels, same night, two seperate paid physical stays. Do I get one stay or two in context to HHonors.

MileCrazy May 25, 2001 11:46 am

shouldn't be a problem. i stayed at two hampton inns this past february, checking into the first one at about 1am, stayed the night, and checked into the other one around 6pm that same night. both folios showed up on my account as the same "stay" date, and both posted with points, bonus points, and double miles a few days later (this was during the double-double dip/VIP gold promotion).

Beckles May 25, 2001 1:53 pm

Originally posted by Bourne:
How does Hilton handle this...

Suppose I drive on the highway...see a Hampton Inn...check in...drive down 20 miles...see another Hampton Inn...check in...sleep over...check out...drive back to first one...check out.

Two hotels, same night, two seperate paid physical stays. Do I get one stay or two in context to HHonors.

I would personally be uncomfortable doing that if I was counting on the stays for a promo or something, but if it worked for MileCrazy, it will probably work for you.

Even better would be finding a Hampton Inn and a Hilton Garden Inn so you can get two separate partners for the AA 20/20 promo http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

That's why my four stays for the two Hilton 50K promos were Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood, and Hilton. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

chix May 25, 2001 3:11 pm

I have an HHonors Mutual account with my spouse. Same HHonors #. We have at times been at different Hiltons the same night and the stays credit just fine...

Bourne May 25, 2001 7:39 pm

Had two stays left.

Thought I could clean them in one night. Guess I'll split them up.

luddgang Jun 30, 2002 11:02 am

Two Stays: Same Day, Same Person, Different Properties. Will I Get Credit for Both?

Hello,

If I purchase 2 hotel rooms, 2 diff. hotels, same day, same city, same person, will I get credit for both?

I need to know this for the Hilton 50K promo.

pynchonesque Sep 30, 2003 12:15 am

Any problems with two hotels for same date posting?

Has anyone successfully gotten posting (or not) of two stays at two different properties for the same date? Assume you checked in (and paid) at both.

Tazmania Sep 30, 2003 12:35 am

That should be no problem.

PaulGQ Sep 30, 2003 1:21 am

I have to add something to the above post.

While I completely agree with Tazmania that it "should" be no problem, there is a very big problem.

Hilton's computer employes a mechanism that prevents 2 stays occuring on the same day from posting. In most cases only one stay will post and some times none post.

Often the unposted stay has to be manually submitted to the HHonors desk via fax and a cover letter.

I have duplicate stays at least once a month that NEVER post and I have to go through this every time. In fact, it is so prevelant, my wife and I often schedule stays alternately to avoid posting complications.

[This message has been edited by PaulGQ (edited 09-30-2003).]

smahk Sep 30, 2003 6:56 pm

The system does not allow for two hotels to be posted on the same night.

I had trouble with a "guarenteed Arrival"
(arriving after 12 AM) and checking into next hotel THAT same day 8 PM - both stays showed arrival date same day.

HHonors desk was unable to fix.

The system is unable to handle two hotels for same night.

blcst101 May 10, 2005 8:47 am

2 Stays 1 day

Has anyone tried to check into 2 different hotels on 1 day and get credit for both? Just wondering if it is possible. I will be staying next week near a HI that is only $49 a night. I wanted to work on my 4 stays for Gold reup and figure this would be a good way to get night cheap. Never tried it before, so I thought I would ask.

fokker50 May 10, 2005 9:13 am

Originally Posted by blcst101
Has anyone tried to check into 2 different hotels on 1 day and get credit for both? Just wondering if it is possible. I will be staying next week near a HI that is only $49 a night. I wanted to work on my 4 stays for Gold reup and figure this would be a good way to get night cheap. Never tried it before, so I thought I would ask.

Just out of curiosity - which Hilton is only 49 usd per night?

Kiwi Flyer May 10, 2005 12:49 pm

Yes it is possible.

BigLar May 10, 2005 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by fokker50
Just out of curiosity - which Hilton is only 49 usd per night?

I was looking at HI's in the PHX area and came across one with a government rate of $59. These govt/AAA/AARP rates seem to vary all over the lot. It's not unusual to find two comparable properties in the same area with the same rack rate with vastly differing "special" rates.

When I was filling in my dance card to re-qualify for Diamond, I found a gorgeous Hilton Inn & Suites with a better rate than any of the Hamptons around. Go figure.

MacDaddie May 16, 2005 1:57 am

Have to call

Originally Posted by blcst101

-----------------------------------

I've actually been in two hotels the same night (well, in a hotel long term and been within a drivable distance and had meeting run extremely late and checked into a local Hampton rather than drive back to other hotel where my clothes reside). The few times I've done this I had to call to have points posted to my account...once the woman said that there system can't handle this and it has to be posted manually.