Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park and Fly Rates

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Question Park & Fly Rates - A con?

Anyone else think P&F rates are a bit of a joke? I used to buy P&F rates (if it wasn't included already) and was given the impression I could get the parking pass/permit/dangling thing for rear view mirror just by asking at check-in.

Am I the only one?
Old May 10, 2007, 7:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Guess it depends on your airport. It costs me $150 to park at sea-tac for 2 weeks. For $119 I get a room at the doubletree suites, stay credit and points, and a free breakfast and 14days parking. YMMV

Last edited by rwill11; May 10, 2007 at 8:01 am
Old May 10, 2007, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Not a con

If you need long term parking, I think it is a pretty good deal. Needed 20 days parking at SFO. Looked on line, could only find a few hotels that even offered 14 days. Called HH told them what I needed, they gave me a rate at the Double tree, I said any thing cheaper, " Oh yeh, $149 at Hampton with 14 days parking, and each additional day at $10. Still much better than $200 for long term parking. So, after flying 26 hours, we took the shuttle to the hotel, got a good nights sleep, had a hot breakfast and were on our way. BTW they never charged the additional $10 a day for the extra days, so paid $149 + tax, got parking, good nights sleep, breakfast, points, peace of mind that car was safe. No, I still think it is a good deal. HH rese. said they thought the hotels was going to do away with park and fly, but hotel said just call direct and ask and they will make you a deal. Is it worth it for a long weekend, probably not, but in some cases it is a great deal.
Old May 10, 2007, 8:16 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Last summer I paid a park and fly rate for Doubletree SF Airport. It was a good savings on the cost of parking, however, the hotel never asked for my license plate number and never issued any kind of pass. They had a parking gate but it was permanently up with no attendant. I assume I could have just parked the car there for the two weeks without the extending parking rate.
Old May 10, 2007, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends. I use it a lot at the Hampton Inn in PHL when I have an early morning flight because I live 2 hours away from the airport.

Normally the P&F there is something like $20 more then the basic room rate which I would be paying anyway because to avoid getting up at 3am. If I'm gone more then a day and a half it is cheaper then the garage at PHL.

The only downside is having to wait for the shuttle which runs twice an hour.
Old May 10, 2007, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Guess I should have confirmed what I meant

Using hotel parking to save on airport parking is actually a really good deal, even at P&F rates, I just don't think it is often necessary to book the P&F rates to get parking thrown in for the duration of your trip. I've overnighted at a few airports where I've not had a car and have been handed a pass for my car. ^
Old May 23, 2007, 4:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
JFK- Hilton properties Park & Fly

Anyone know off hand whether any Hilton properties around JFK offer Park and Fly rates? I am flying out of JFK next month (I always fly out of PHL). In looking for parking, 7 days at JFK is going to run me $200+. I'd rather parlay that into a stay the night before and leave my car at the hotel.
Old May 23, 2007, 6:05 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Parking at JFK is only $15 a day in the long term lots.

You could also use the off site lots for way less than that. Air park is $20 a day (total with tax) with one day free with their coupons on their website, avistar is another dollar or so more a day, not sure if they have the one day free a week deal or not.

$200 is way too much to park, not sure where you got that figure from.
Old May 23, 2007, 8:20 am

Programs: DL Diamond, VS Silver, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Some website my wife was on. Now that I think of it, we are going to Europe for more than 7 days, so I assume the parking was for the actual time...11 days, so I guess the $200+ is related to the $20 per day rate.

We are taking the morning flight to LHR on Virgin, so we are going to stay the night before anyway. Why pay twice if I can get a Park and Stay rate?
Old May 23, 2007, 9:29 am

OK, DH flies out a bit from JFK and depending on how long his trip is or time of outbound flights has done the park and flies. We especially do this during the winter when road conditions are questionable. JFK rates are about $105+tax per week at Avistar (with discount). He's stayed several times at the Doubletree (we all stayed there this December on a reverse park/fly -- have stayed at this location over the last couple of years and really appreciate the updated rooms... mind you the hallways are still noisy and "guest" can be kind of "sketchy" (but that goes with the neighborhood... have found this at Courtyard and other airport hotels at JFK). You may want to consider a reverse park & fly (I'd suggest calling the hotel directly) depending on when you're flight arrives back in NYC -- and delays going through customs... you might be a bit pooped). Since DH is HH Gold we were pleasantly surprised that our family was "comped" for breakfast which was a pleasant surprise... we got there about 20 mins before closing and they kept bringing out fresh batches of food and had waffle mix ready for the making.. Folks came down 1/2 hr later than us and they had no problems. A very nice expanding breakfast that was technically to be continental).
And one other great thing about Doubletree -- they've got underground secure parking... a great deal in the winter time.
Old May 23, 2007, 9:51 am

If your needing parking longer than week you may look into booking stay through International Holidays (this needs to be booked by TA... but they may be able to refer you to one -- since this rate will be the same but have almost 2 weeks parking included). We've booked this rate and have gotten the HH points credited to folio. 1800-245-1573 Is international Holiday's number (just in case)
Hope this helps
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:40 am

Resurrecting this old thread for park and fly near PHL :>

Anyone have any experience with a park and fly hotel near PHL airport? I have an early flight and need a place to leave my car for 21 days. I looked into using HH points at Hampton Inn but they wanted 30K points + $7/day parking + tax. Not worth it as their park and fly rate is only $179 + $28 tax. Thanks…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.